IGNORED

Has anyone here seen a Canada multi-game like this for NES, I am quite certain it's Canada made entirely. I'm wondering if licensed or unlicensed?

I am wondering if this is a licensed multi pak or a unlicensed? Also trying to figure out the story on this one because I am from Canada and it has become my holy grail of a game, a complete wonder to me though. It says Made In Canada and they mention shipping out, so now I am wondering too if it's a Canadian company or if they had permissions. Any help is well cared for from the many, a certain few may know I bet. But it seems to me to maybe count or not count as a official release by confusion, like a couple multi-games that do count!

CAN_40_In_1.jpg

Looks unofficial to me. I can't read the game list too well, but it looks like it might have some repeating games (battle city and super battle city), and I can't imagine a legit cart would do that. My guess would be that it was an overseas company with an office in Canada

• Thanks 1

Undoubtedly a pirate bootleg multicart, for a myriad of reasons.

The common nature of the selected games, the lack of Nintendo branding, the array of publishers, the fact that Nintendo first party games are on it.

Also, the instructions are silly Engrish. Very good Engrish, but still Engrish.

TROUBLE SHOOTING

DO NOT PANIC OR RUSH THE CASSETTE PLEASE

a) Load Firmly. Power Up.

b) Wait 30 seconds to warm up.

c) FLASHING: Hold in reset 10 seconds. Then wait 10 seconds or flick the select switch on the hand pedal.

- juggle the cassette for a clean contact while it is in the machine (You are not fully loaded or you ar not warmed up).

d) Plain screen or alphabet soup.

NOTE: Every cassette is played before we ship. (To ensure the problem is not your machine you may try a friends machine to eliminate this possibility).

I can make out the following on the list of games:

1. Arabian
  2. Chack Pop
  3. B Wings
  4. Sasa
  5. Devil World
  6. Bomber Man
  7. Warp Man
  8. Wrestling
  9. Milk Nuts
  10. Star Force
  11. Mappy
  12. Road Fighter
  13. Pooyan
  14. Macross
  15. Circus Charlie
  16. Battle City
  17. Combat
  18. Sky Destroyer
  19. Antarctic
  20. Front Line
  21. Super Star Force
  22. Super B Wings
  23. Super Battle City
  24. Super Pooyan
  25. Super Devil World
  26. Ultra Arabian
  27. Ultra Chack Pop
  28. Ultra Devil World
  29. Ultra Bomber Man
  30. Ultra Warp Man
  31. Ultra Milk & Nuts
  32. Ultra Mappy
  33. Ultra Road Fighter
  34. Ultra Pooyan
  35. Ultra Macross
  36. Ultra Circus Charlie
  37. Ultra Battle City
  38. Ultra Combat
  39. Ultra Sky Destroyer
  40. Super Arabian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Interesting cartridge. From a quick glance it looks as though there are only twenty games on it, and the rest are hacks.

I'm curious how the menu looks for this one. Despite the hacks, there would be forty entries on the menu, the game is advertised as a forty in 1. What makes this interesting to me is that I have never to my knowledge seen a 40 in 1 multicart. There is a standard 42 in 1 multicart, but game content wise this doesn't match that either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1

Posted (edited)

I wonder if Super Star Force on that cart is the actual Super Star Force and not just Star Force starting on level two or with a Care Bear instead of the normal space ship sprite. 

Edited by Tulpa
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

I wonder if Super Star Force on that cart is the actual Super Star Force and not just Star Force starting on level two or with a Care Bear instead of the normal space ship sprite. 

It's gonna be regular Star Force. I just had a quick look in Family Bits 3 (you should grab one if you are interested in understanding early multicarts), and even things like the 110 and 190 in 1 didn't include Super Star Force, so there's no way that this one does.

On a different note, the Super versions generally changed the color palette of the title screen, and then sped the game up. No sprite hacks with Care Bears or anything silly like that. 😛

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

It's gonna be regular Star Force. I just had a quick look in Family Bits 3 (you should grab one if you are interested in understanding early multicarts), and even things like the 110 and 190 in 1 didn't include Super Star Force, so there's no way that this one does.

On a different note, the Super versions generally changed the color palette of the title screen, and then sped the game up. No sprite hacks with Care Bears or anything silly like that. 😛

I was hoping you would chime in.

So the 40-in-1 itself is unique eh? Neat! Maybe this is something cool.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

I was hoping you would chime in.

So the 40-in-1 itself is unique eh? Neat! Maybe this is something cool.

I think it should be, I've never seen a 40 in 1. Looks like twenty games and twenty alterations. But even the twenty games here I don't think match up 1:1 with any of the common 20 in 1 carts. To me from what I saw tonight, it looks interesting as far as multicarts go.

23 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I think it should be, I've never seen a 40 in 1. Looks like twenty games and twenty alterations. But even the twenty games here I don't think match up 1:1 with any of the common 20 in 1 carts. To me from what I saw tonight, it looks interesting as far as multicarts go.

There are Super games and Ultra games but not that many games, I hear the low number multi carts are best as well from some angles. Here is a picture of the back of game, I was able to glue back a small peel and it looks great now. They mention shipping it out after testing and troulble shoot the potential problems for knowledge!

IMG_0054.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 11:40 AM, fcgamer said:

I'm curious how the menu looks for this one.

There are multiple chip-tunes playing as you go through selections, game list jumps around until you press button so that is why it is out of order!

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0040 (1).JPG

IMG_0033.jpg

Edited by Joyomofrobro

On 5/20/2024 at 12:14 PM, Tulpa said:

I did not see the Care Bear in Super Star Force!

1 hour ago, Joyomofrobro said:

I did not see the Care Bear in Super Star Force!

It was a joke, but hacking a game to change the sprites into something goofy (like Donkey Kong Jr. into a Ninja Turtle or Mario into Shrek) has happened.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

It was a joke, but hacking a game to change the sprites into something goofy (like Donkey Kong Jr. into a Ninja Turtle or Mario into Shrek) has happened.

I have a 250 In 1 where I play Cat Head, Bomber Man as a cat, so just thought it existed that's all!

Posted (edited)

Menu looks similar to some I've seen before, such as the 190 in 1. The contents are drastically less though.

Yours could be an earlier version of this. The yt above is of a cartridge made in Taiwan, well yours was made in Taiwan too, lets be honest, assembled or manufactured on behalf of Canadians is more like it lol.

Edited by fcgamer
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
3 hours ago, Joyomofrobro said:

I just looked at my game, the 190, and I had it too, just never gave it a go!

Super.190.In.1 (1).JPG

Super.190.In.1 (2).jpg

Super.190.In.1 (3).jpg

I used to have the exact same thing as that but in a different coloured cart.

• Like 2