IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Goal! Two

BeaIank

1 hour ago, Richardhead said:

Successful outing. Time to play some fucking soccer. 

image.jpg

With this sort of equipment, I dont see how any of us stand a chance. You will need a 12 pack of domestic cans or bottles on reserve in the fridge. Ive found the beers go quick with this title. That forty won't last but 4 or 5 games

5 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Score updated on page 1. I’m pretty sure this puts me ahead of @Bearcat-Doug Been playing lots of PS2 and FF7 remake this week during my down time, so not much time for this game. I’ve got a few more runs in me though. But first, I’m off to the weed store for some recreational fun. 

How is that remake?

1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

The white whale. 🐋 

Been waiting for that one all week. 

It seems to let you pick who comes out of the game. I wasn't paying close attention, but it took me to the roster screen. Perhaps it only let me move the player positions around. Either way, I was surprised! It didn't seem to matter much though. 🤷‍♂️

Knew I wouldn't have much time to play today and scores would be coming in. Held back a 9-0 win. Updating on page 2 momentarily. Damn you @Gaia Gensoukigrabbing one more than me! Lol. Now Im trying to figure out if I can squeeze in a few more runs to tie you and the previous world record. 10-0 seems lofty though. Still can't score going down. Been putting up 6-7 first half goals. Lucky to get 2 2nd half

Edited by NESfiend

I've enjoyed the time I've put into this game, but it wasn't a lot. My overall feeling is that I like this one. I feel that 75% of this game is learning the automatic player switching as well as knowing your player configuration on the field. Still, it is a pretty neat game and I didn't expect to feel that way!

56 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

In my last decent game, I had the other team get red carded, a goal where I kicked 3 times; two of which bounced off the right goal post, and a shot attempt by me on my own goal! 🤣

Never did get to see the red card. Did shoot on my own goal once. Paused and forgot which way I was going. I thought I was dribbling so well leaving all their guys behind. Then I fired one at my own keeper and realized I am a moron. Surprisingly, he saved it! Keepers aren't supposed to be allowed to use their hands on balls kicked by their own team. Luckily, they neglected to program that in. 

Played another game or 2 and just couldn't get the rythem back tonight. Let's see that @ninjistar score!

57 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Never did get to see the red card. Did shoot on my own goal once. Paused and forgot which way I was going. I thought I was dribbling so well leaving all their guys behind. Then I fired one at my own keeper and realized I am a moron. Surprisingly, he saved it! Keepers aren't supposed to be allowed to use their hands on balls kicked by their own team. Luckily, they neglected to program that in. 

Played another game or 2 and just couldn't get the rythem back tonight. Let's see that @ninjistar score!

You didn't have to worry about me too much on this one. I did decently IMHO, but I didn't put enough reps in to get really comfortable. My final score was the last game I played today and it went pretty well. I was happy that the other team wasn't able to score on me. It felt dirty beating team USA though 😞 haha. I'm not sure if I'll continue playing this one right now or move on to the next game. 

EDIT: Now that I see that Donkey Kong is the next game, I'm playing Donkey Kong! 😄

Edited by ninjistar

13 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

It felt dirty beating team USA though 😞 haha. 

I almost posted a question asking if it was unpatriotic to beat up on USA! I avoided the guilt by playing against Japan. Kid was putting up his nasty scores against them, so I followed suit. 

2 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I almost posted a question asking if it was unpatriotic to beat up on USA! I avoided the guilt by playing against Japan. Kid was putting up his nasty scores against them, so I followed suit. 

I played against Japan most of the time, but for whatever reason, didn't have the same luck. I honestly believe my "bad luck" against them was a combination of the player configuration I had been selecting plus whatever RNG is used to determine if the computer will suck or not that game 😄  Okay, I think I need to give this another go with what I've learned and see how it turns out. Then on to Donkey Kong!