IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

1 minute ago, Estil said:

I thought we've already had mandatory-ish background checks for at least a few decades?  And I know the more card carrying NRA members may hate me for this (sorry to the late Charlie Daniels 😞 ) but we've had license/registration for vehicles for what, ~100 years at least?  What would be so wrong with having a license for firearms?  I mean if you need a license to hunt/fish...

People can still buy them at gun shows and privately but then never register them.  That's one of the main problems with how we do it here right now in my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Doctornick said:

People can still buy them at gun shows and privately but then never register them.  That's one of the main problems with how we do it here right now in my opinion.

Are firearms (in the US) required to have serial numbers?  Because I don't think it's realistically possible to register them otherwise.  Why do you think we have VIN's?  Of course registration on vehicles is much easier to enforce.  And woe is you if you don't have the third item an officer asks for!! 😮 

Edited by Estil

13 minutes ago, Estil said:

Are firearms (in the US) required to have serial numbers?  Because I don't think it's realistically possible to register them otherwise.  Why do you think we have VIN's?  Of course registration on vehicles is much easier to enforce.  And woe is you if you don't have the third item an officer asks for!! 😮 

I feel like you already know the answer to your question.  My favorite part of this debate is it's typically white people who are opposed to having their information on a database in the event their gun is used to committ a crime 😂.

USA USA USA!

Why are you needlessly making it a race issue?  You know it's quite often someone actually has me in some agreement...but then they lost me when they unnecessarily (for the most part) make it a race issue.  You know how all our English teachers taught us, to not use commas, that aren't necessary?  Well don't make an issue a race issue when it's not necessary.

Edited by Estil

Editorials Team · Posted
38 minutes ago, Estil said:

I thought we've already had mandatory-ish background checks for at least a few decades?  And I know the more card carrying NRA members may hate me for this (sorry to the late Charlie Daniels 😞 ) but we've had license/registration for vehicles for what, ~100 years at least?  What would be so wrong with having a license for firearms?  I mean if you need a license to hunt/fish...

I own a large number of firearms, including an AR and other frivolities.  Pretty much everyone in Montana does.

https://kmhk.com/new-study-says-montana-has-more-guns-than-some-countries/

Guess what sorta gun laws we have for purchasing.  One guess.

Because there are none.  Totally ridiculous.

Just now, Reed Rothchild said:

I own a large number of firearms, including an AR and other frivolities.  Pretty much everyone in Montana does.

The problem is how do you make a good effective law...especially when firearms don't have mandatory serial numbers?

BTW, what's it like living in such a lonely state? 😞  Fun fact: DYK that Montana is about the same size as the UK?  And that England is about the size of my neighboring state of Indiana?

31 minutes ago, Estil said:

Why are you needlessly making it a race issue?  You know it's quite often someone actually has me in some agreement...but then they lost me when they unnecessarily (for the most part) make it a race issue.  You know how all our English teachers taught us, to not use commas, that aren't necessary?  Well don't make an issue a race issue when it's not necessary.

It's not needless when it is applicable.  I would absolutely have said black people if that was the case.  Also I'm not worried if I lost you, I've followed this thread for the entertainment the past few weeks and it's funny how just mentioning white people causes you to react.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

If you don't have a cannon I highly recommend getting one.  They are a blast!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Link said:

Close loopholes. Federal legislation.

You know for once we might have some agreement...would you agree that in most cases it's a better idea to better enforce existing laws rather than making new ones that might be unnecessary and/or redundant?  For example...

BTW, Ainsley, you chicks not only have the 14th amendment but don't forget the 19th (happy 100!!), 23th (DC women get POTUS vote) and 26th (all 18-20 year old women)...just for good measure. 🙂 

1 minute ago, Doctornick said:

This guy who lives by my in-laws (up in the forest) has one and I got to see it go off once, it was awesome.  I have been trying to find out how I can get one since!

If I could shoot the one next door, I'd be good. I should probably ask. They might let me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Estil said:

You know for once we might have some agreement...would you agree that in most cases it's a better idea to better enforce existing laws rather than making new ones that might be unnecessary and/or redundant? 

idk about “most cases” but yes, enforce what’s already there. And/or update them to be more relevant to now.

Edited by Link

16 minutes ago, Doctornick said:

It's literally the best, most unbiased news in the country 🤮

I think most, even most FNC watchers figure it's the most "conservative friendly"...while MSNBC is the most "liberal friendly".

Honestly I don't see how you can count on any one source as "most unbiased".  Even among the so-called fact checkers you actually need fact checkers for the fact checkers! 😄

1 hour ago, Estil said:

I think most, even most FNC watchers figure it's the most "conservative friendly"...while MSNBC is the most "liberal friendly".

Honestly I don't see how you can count on any one source as "most unbiased".  Even among the so-called fact checkers you actually need fact checkers for the fact checkers! 😄

Sorry pal, Fake news.  Plus Doctor Nick is being sarcastic. 

Facts are facts, no “ checking” required. 

Fox news’s highest rated show is Tucker Carlsons OPINION SHOW .who is an unabashed racist and insults veterans.  Its simply Un-american 😂😂 No wonder they are hemmoraging sponsors. 
Fox news is Simply Trumpster fire facist propaganda, designed to suck Ad money from easy to control people (or “sheep”)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1