IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

OH BOO HOO! Your TV show got ruined! 😪😪😪😪🙄🙄🙄🙄

"My syrup! They can't change the logo on my syrup! WHAT'S NEXT?! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!"

spacer.png

spacer.png

What other things that don't affect you in ANY WAY WHATSOEVER, that chip away at casual racism, are we going to get upset about today?

I mean yea black people are getting fucking murdered in the streets, but by all means, outrage over voice actors and syrup. 

5 hours ago, cartman said:

Yeah but BLM has created a social climate where these ideas can get traction easier it has bolstered them.

Trump created a social climate where racist assholes now think its ok to act on their shitty ideals in public. He's emboldened his supporters to think its ok to be racist. So maybe blame him before you go blaming BLM supporters for reacting to the racism.

Trump Retweets Video Of Apparent Supporter Saying 'White Power'

White House Defends Trump's Use Of Racist Term To Describe Coronavirus

Trump Made a Racist Joke in a Phoenix Megachurch and the Crowd Went Wild

All examples from the last week... let alone the last 3 1/2 years....

Edited by CodysGameRoom
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

OH BOO HOO! Your TV show got ruined! 😪😪😪😪🙄🙄🙄🙄

"My syrup! They can't change the logo on my syrup! WHAT'S NEXT?! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!"

spacer.png

spacer.png

What other things that don't affect you in ANY WAY WHATSOEVER, that chip away at casual racism, are we going to get upset about today?

I mean yea black people are getting fucking murdered in the streets, but by all means, outrage over voice actors and syrup. 

Trump created a social climate where racist assholes now think its ok to act on their shitty ideals in public. He's emboldened his supporters to think its ok to be racist. So maybe blame him before you go blaming BLM supporters for reacting to the racism.

Trump Retweets Video Of Apparent Supporter Saying 'White Power'

White House Defends Trump's Use Of Racist Term To Describe Coronavirus

Trump Made a Racist Joke in a Phoenix Megachurch and the Crowd Went Wild

All examples from the last week... let alone the last 3 1/2 years....

It has sucked a long time so it didn't really get "ruined" but yeah it does taint the impact it once had. It only bolsters racial division along with clamping down on artistic freedom  and political discourse in general but you gloat in it because it's someone else on the recieving end but one day it might be yourself who created something or had the "wrong" opinion. That's how regressive systems tend to work they tend to become a monster that can't really be contained.

You're emboldening racial division and cheering social witchhunts yet you point fingers at Trump and others.

52 minutes ago, cartman said:

You're emboldening racial division and cheering social witchhunts yet you point fingers at Trump and others.

Explain to me how I am emboldening racial division. A) I don't have influence over anyone and B) even if I did, I'm not.

As far as social witch hunt.... yep, out every racist and shame them. Sorry, not sorry. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Explain to me how I am emboldening racial division. A) I don't have influence over anyone and B) even if I did, I'm not.

As far as social witch hunt.... yep, out every racist and shame them. Sorry, not sorry. 🤷‍♂️

By advocating the racialization of issues and wanting to see them pushed. If you're segregating artists and what they should create based on their race then what else is that if not divisive? What is BLM without the mandatory need for every issue to have been racism it's like a car without a fucking engine. Also the way you want to single out white people from the possibility of facing racism.

It's not just "every racist" it could be anything. Disagreeing with BLM, having a girlfriend that said something racist and getting punished for it yourself, singing along in a song that the artist specifically invited you on stage to sing just to see you get exposed and crapped on by the social mob. It's not some grounded assesment of potential racism it's really a bonafide witchhunt that can be kicked off at any moment.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You do realize not all cops are racist or bad, and not all people of a certain color are racist or bad right? All people are negatively effected by cops. You just choose to believe what the media wants you to think. Wake up social justice woke warriors. Have a brain and opinion for f*cks sake. Do your homework. Watch this video. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Or you know, the studio wanted a black person to play a black person, or an Indian person play an Indian. 

That or whatever the latest white grievance culture war newsletter says this weeks outrage is.

Yeah, what a terrible idea it is to have actors voice the characters that represent their background. Total craziness. I don't see how anyone would think that makes sense. 😂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Yeah, what a terrible idea it is to have actors voice the characters that represent their background. Total craziness. I don't see how anyone would think that makes sense. 😂

No but to actively enforce it. As long as the job gets done what difference does it make if it represents someones background?

Should all fiction perhaps be done away with in favor for autobiographies?

4 minutes ago, cartman said:

No but to actively enforce it. As long as the job gets done what difference does it make if it represents someones background?

Should all fiction perhaps be done away with in favor for autobiographies?

If you are going to have diverse characters, I don't see what it hurts to have diverse voice actors as well to represent that.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

If you are going to have diverse characters, I don't see what it hurts to have diverse voice actors as well to represent that.

I think creators should focus on what gets the job done rather than artificially putting up obstacles for themselves in order to qualify to someone else. Someone who's already stifling their creative freedom by insisting on those obstacles.

Just now, cartman said:

I think creators should focus on what gets the job done rather than artificially putting up obstacles for themselves in order to qualify to someone else. Someone who's already stifling their creative freedom by insisting on those obstacles.

If minority voice actors already had the jobs they wouldn't be facing the obstacles of trying to get work. 

• Like 2

Just now, cartman said:

Dude, there's way more talented people of color out there who can play characters of color. You don't have to limit it to a handful of white dudes. Don't worry about creativity being stifled.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tulpa said:

Dude, there's way more talented people of color out there who can play characters of color. You don't have to limit it to a handful of white dudes. Don't worry about creativity being stifled.

I guess a white guy doing a black, Indian or Mexican voice is "creative freedom" instead of just letting them voice their own characters without having to "act" like that race.

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

If minority voice actors already had the jobs they wouldn't be facing the obstacles of trying to get work. 

I wasn't talking about that. You're putting up artificial obstacles for the creators that they literally have no reason to subscribe to. They already can employ a minority voice actor if he does the job but they gain absolutely nothing by shutting the door for a non-ethnic who can do it just as good or even better so why should they stifle themselves? Those who would want them to account for racial quotas are likely the same crowd who'll start bitching about the content and start demanding changes or a shutdown so it's all the more reason not to give in.

42 minutes ago, Rhino said:

You do realize not all cops are racist or bad, and not all people of a certain color are racist or bad right? All people are negatively effected by cops. You just choose to believe what the media wants you to think. Wake up social justice woke warriors. Have a brain and opinion for f*cks sake. Do your homework. Watch this video.

Shit, my bad. Why didn't someone tell me to have a brain 100 pages ago? I should have thought of that. Might as well end the thread folks.

4 minutes ago, cartman said:

I wasn't talking about that. You're putting up artificial obstacles for the creators that they literally have no reason to subscribe to. They already can employ a minority voice actor if he does the job but they gain absolutely nothing by shutting the door for a non-ethnic who can do it just as good or even better so why should they stifle themselves? Those who would want them to account for racial quotas are likely the same crowd who'll start bitching about the content and start demanding changes or a shutdown so it's all the more reason not to give in.

Maybe the minority voice actors didn't get a chance back in the day because the white guy voicing a half dozen other characters was "good enough". The show has really taken off since the late 80s. Maybe they can afford to offer some opportunities to new voice actors at this point. There is the possibility that just maybe they'll be even better.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

If that is the case the creator already is free to employ them as it is so there is no issue. Must he reach the conclusion that someone else subjectively thinks that he should?

Editorials Team · Posted
House Democratic efforts to end warrior-type training for officers, instill residency requirements for police officers, ban choke holds and institute voting rights for felons grinded to a halt as Senate Republicans responded with more narrow reforms.
Despite widespread calls for reform, the special legislative session came up empty handed.
"The people of Minnesota should certainly be deeply disappointed," Walz said, visibly upset. "This is a failure to move things, a failure to engage. It seems like there's a tendency in legislative bodies to place blame on everyone else."

Democracy in its death throes.  Incapable of working together.

Maybe the minority voice actors didn't get a chance back in the day because the white guy voicing a half dozen other characters was "good enough". The show has really taken off since the late 80s. Maybe they can afford to offer some opportunities to new voice actors at this point. There is the possibility that just maybe they'll be even better.

If he was good enough then he was good enough so it's self-explanatory. 

2 hours ago, cartman said:

By advocating the racialization of issues and wanting to see them pushed.

What issues am I advocating to be "Racialized"?

So what you are saying is.... bringing to light racism in real world issues, so that we can fix it, and people can learn from it... is causing racial division?..... Can you elaborate because that doesn't make sense.

If you're segregating artists and what they should create based on their race then what else is that if not divisive?

That was the choice of the content creators. I do not understand why it is a big issue. It was their choice to do it! It's not even your business.

What is BLM without the mandatory need for every issue to have been racism it's like a car without a fucking engine.

BLM stands for Black Lives Matter. It means that Black Lives Matter. And the goal is to bring to light and fix racism in the world today. 

Also the way you want to single out white people from the possibility of facing racism.

What do you mean possibility? I want to call out racism. Why don't you? Why do you want to allow racist people to be racist with no repercussions? 

Disagreeing with BLM

Yea disagreeing that Black Lives Matter is pretty racist.

having a girlfriend that said something racist and getting punished for it yourself,

If your girlfriend is racist you should dump her. Otherwise you are enabling her racism.

It's not some grounded assesment of potential racism it's really a bonafide witchhunt that can be kicked off at any moment.

You don't get to choose what is racist and what isn't. The people EXPERIENCING the racism are the ones who are hurt. You follow their lead.

• Like 1

Why take the potential to have better when you can settle for good enough? Tough to argue with that.

You can have better with one white guy getting the job over another white guy too what about that possibility? But it still wouldn't be good enough would it...