IGNORED

General Current Events/Political Discussion

MrWunderful

46 minutes ago, Silent Hill said:

Maybe that's why they want the data reported directly to them? 

Good point. But that is just one piece of the puzzle. What about testing? PPE? Contact tracing? Just getting the qty of cases and deaths doesnt really serve a purpose, other than fudging the numbers.   I will quote this post once the numbers start magically dropping right before the election. 

The CDC was fine for what 60 years? But as soon as Trump comes in, it cant be trusted and its the deep state out to get him. 

We are to the point that the administrations trade advisor is putting out op-eds actively attacking Anthony Fauci it’s fucking pathetic. (Not to mention the other sniveling sycophants like Jim Jordan, stephen miller etc. )

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Rhino said:

For all you clowns who think the U.S is being super dishonest about numbers, just look at China. It's really hard to get 100% accurate data. Be happy with probably 80% accurate data vs China's .0008% accurate data.

Good reminder that the US isn't as shitty as people have been making it out to be lately.

That said, I think the inconsistency/inaccuracy of data being delivered and protocols being applied has stoked the flames of not trusting what the sources are stating. I feel like a lot of people started leaning towards writing off COVID and protocols when they lost their business, couldn't see their families, couldn't attend weddings, funerals, etc. while nearly every major city had mass protests/riots and those participating got free passes. Then when you account for who's running these cities and enforcing protocols, in a double standard fashion, it's easy to see how this has now turned fully political. Maybe Trump can come around to helping enforce the proper protocols and have an effect on the die-hard supporters, but a lot of Democratic Mayors/Governors need to follow suit as well. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:
1 hour ago, Silent Hill said:

Maybe that's why they want the data reported directly to them? 

Good point. But that is just one piece of the puzzle. What about testing? PPE? Contact tracing? Just getting the qty of cases and deaths doesnt really serve a purpose, other than fudging the numbers.   I will quote this post once the numbers start magically dropping right before the election. 

The CDC was fine for what 60 years? But as soon as Trump comes in, it cant be trusted and its the deep state out to get him. 

We are to the point that the administrations trade advisor is putting out op-eds actively attacking Anthony Fauci it’s fucking pathetic. (Not to mention the other sniveling sycophants like Jim Jordan, stephen miller etc. )

All of those that impact the global picture definitely need to be accounted for, in the same consistent fashion. Maybe we'll get super lucky by having a better structure for tracking/addressing all of these things, even if only it's because of Trump's paranoia. If I were to bet though, I'd probably put my money on the rest of the year being a complete shit show. 

• Like 1

I think the reason so many people are now skeptical of the danger of the virus is because the government has taken a Laissez-faire approach to dealing with the huge unemployment problem (while simultaneously spending trillions to prop up big business), so telling people they can't go outside when they're probably going to get evicted and spend all day outside due to being out of work for several months comes off as a bit schizophrenic. Yeah, if everyone who couldn't find work was getting something like unemployment benefits there would still be idiots wanting to end the shutdown so they can get a haircut, but probably nowhere near what it's like now.

4 hours ago, Gloves said:

I honestly believe that if he were:

• A strong leader
  • Generally competent

He'd be able to unite the people under the cause.

and he would have done so from the beginning. And would not have disbanded the pandemic response team that prevented zika virus from being a big problem in 2016. All of this, of course, is Tedros and WHO’s fault 🙄 

Editorials Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Silent Hill said:

Good reminder that the US isn't as shitty as people have been making it out to be lately.

I'm not sure if that's directed at me, but I would never put us anywhere near China's awfulness.

And I mostly dump on the increasingly dysfunctional political divide, and how it appears to be sucking in more and more people.

And Trump.  I'll dump on him all day.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I'm not sure if that's directed at me, but I would never put us anywhere near China's awfulness.

And I mostly dump on the increasingly dysfunctional political divide, and how it appears to be sucking in more and more people.

And Trump.  I'll dump on him all day.

No, not directly towards you at all. Just a generalization of those who seem hellbent on tearing down and rebuilding overarching systems of America, without taking into consideration how great it really is to be an American, especially when compared to many other Countries. I too would gladly dump on the state of politics and even the media in America as I'd really love to see some "reform" there. (I also think we're feeling the effects of other edge of the Social Media sword)

Everyone can shit on Trump all day, but he's (unfortunately) a saint compared to some other "leaders".

That said, I think the inconsistency/inaccuracy of data being delivered and protocols being applied has stoked the flames of not trusting what the sources are stating. I feel like a lot of people started leaning towards writing off COVID and protocols when they lost their business, couldn't see their families, couldn't attend weddings, funerals, etc. while nearly every major city had mass protests/riots and those participating got free passes. Then when you account for who's running these cities and enforcing protocols, in a double standard fashion, it's easy to see how this has now turned fully political. Maybe Trump can come around to helping enforce the proper protocols and have an effect on the die-hard supporters, but a lot of Democratic Mayors/Governors need to follow suit as well. 

The U.S has it's problems, sure, but it's an incredible country to live in. A lot of problems are problems people in other countries don't even have the chance to make problems. Look at how women and the LGBT community are still treated in many other countries for example. If they try to fight for equal rights they could be killed.

Well well well.

https://theintercept.com/2020/07/15/george-floyd-protests-police-far-right-antifa/

Leaked Documents Show Police Knew Far-Right Extremists Were The Real Threat At Protests, Not “Antifa”

selected excepts:

As law enforcement worked to find cases that would support the attorney general’s portrait of a looming antifa menace, evidence mounted in late May and early June of right-wing extremists amassing weapons, plotting terror attacks, and killing law enforcement officials.

Michael German, a former FBI agent specializing in domestic terrorism...said the materials were rife with examples of law enforcement intelligence being politicized in ways that endangered both protesters and police alike. ...“Overall, what you see is a strange sensationalization of the antifa threats — and that doesn’t exist when looking at the boogaloo documents.” German argued that the impulse to paint both sides of the political spectrum with the same brush, despite the fact that only the far right is actively killing people, is among the most dangerous features of modern American law enforcement.

...a white supremacist channel... was encouraging followers to capitalize on the unrest by targeting the police with Molotov cocktails and firearms. “Looting and shoplifting are both cool and whites should be doing it way more,” the source went on. “...If you don’t like someone, hurt them.”

...Steven Carrillo ...had a ballistics vest bearing a boogaloo patch. ... “Go to the riots and support our own cause,” Carrillo reportedly wrote on the morning of the attacks. “Show them the real targets. Use their anger to fuel our fire. Think outside the box. We have mobs of angry people to use to our advantage.”
Carrillo and his accused partner, rolled up in a white van The side door of the vehicle slid open and Carrillo opened fire. Fifty-three-year-old David Patrick Underwood was shot dead (ahem...
@Tabonga). His “Did you see how they fucking fell?” [he exclaimed].

That same morning, Trump tweeted a quote from “Fox and Friends” co-host Brian Kilmeade: “I don’t see any indication that there were any white supremist [sic] groups mixing in. This is an ANTIFA Organization...”

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Good. Fuck that guy and everyone who thinks that shit. Tired of these dumb assholes playing around and undermining progress. They’re the reason our shit is gonna be jacked for as long as it is.

Bitch. Damn. There, I said all the curse words.

• Like 2

Editorials Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Anyone noticed that all people are talking about is Goya beans and we completely just jumped over the fact that we're still allowing bounties on our soldiers heads from Russia, and Roger Stone has been pardoned >_>

Just me? OK 😞

I think calls to boycott brands because they said something you disagree with politically is pretty dumb.  Both sides do it.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, ThePhleo said:

Anyone noticed that all people are talking about is Goya beans and we completely just jumped over the fact that we're still allowing bounties on our soldiers heads from Russia, and Roger Stone has been pardoned >_>

Just me? OK 😞

But, But, But,  statues! And shower heads!

3 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Also fuck Hobby Lobby.

That is a couple bridges farther than simply saying something you disagree with, though.

They have it covered on two fronts, with healthcare plan policies that are problematic being compounded by the fact that the company was smuggling ancient artifacts...

They have some serious bad action to go along with the disagreeable words. 😛

• Like 1