IGNORED

Ranks & Badges Discussion Thread

Gloves

Administrator · Posted
15 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Good points, especially agree with a slow roll out.  I'm a bit curious about the whole "no resubmission requirements".  I think you need to keep it current.  Maybe we can meet in the middle.  Charms resubmission are required with the end of production for a system.  

I think Zelda and Metroid are prime for the roll out as they are easy to make a list for (little argument for what's required for charm) and are fan favorites for sure.  

Charm resubmission means someone has to track it, and I'd like to avoid that, unless it's paired with some manner of leaderboard, partially for fun, partially to keep it from being something that keeps the staff occupied. 

Social Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I'm all for being as "current" as possible for the initial roll out, but I don't think it's worth the effort to check each year for something that ultimately isn't that important.  One thing to keep in mind is that if someone has every game in a series as of x date, it's pretty unlikely that they are going to stop buying games form that series going forward just because they already have the charm.  

200.gif

OK, you got me there....no need for resubmissions.

I

On 11/15/2021 at 9:05 PM, Gloves said:

Charm resubmission means someone has to track it, and I'd like to avoid that, unless it's paired with some manner of leaderboard, partially for fun, partially to keep it from being something that keeps the staff occupied. 

Yeah I agree.  My thoughts is, if you wanted to keep it simple for game series awards, then you have a list of games required for the award and start a thread where people can post pics of their series set.  Someone would have to see if the person qualifies for the award and then add to there account.  Once you have the award you keep, doesn't matter if more games come out your grandfathered in.  

If you wanted to start with a say just four series to keep it small, I'd suggest Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Kirby.  Could expand latter with others if all goes well (Pokemon, Sonic, Resident Evil, Wario, Castlevania, ect.) 

To keep the list simple, I'd say keep it to a fairly minimum representation.  As in the list doesn't count compilations, remakes (unless substantially different), later ports, ect.  Just one of each title.  Basically just the first-ish release of that game.  Here's my example for those four series:

Super Mario Bros (Mainline Series)    

Game  Systems Year

Super Mario Bros. NES 1985
Super Mario Bros. 2 NES 1988
Super Mario Bros. 3 NES 1990
Super Mario Land GB 1989
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins GB 1992
Super Mario World  SNES 1991
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island SNES 1995
Super Mario Sunshine NGC 2002
New Super Mario Bros. DS 2006
Super Mario Galaxy WII 2007
Super Mario Galaxy 2 WII 2010
New Super Mario Bros. WII 2009
Super Mario 3D Land 3DS 2011
New Super Mario Bros. 2 3DS 2012
New Super Mario Bros. Wii U WII U 2012
Super Mario 3D World WII U 2013
Super Mario Odyssey SWITCH 2017

Metroid    

Game  Systems Year
Metroid NES 1986
Metroid II: Return of Samus GB 1991
Super Metroid SNES 1994
Metroid Fusion GBA 2002
Metroid: Zero Mission GBA 2004
Metroid Prime NGC 2002
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes NGC 2004
Metroid Prime Pinball DS 2005
Metroid Prime Hunters DS 2006
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption WII 2007
Metroid:  Other M WII 2010
Metroid Prime:  Federation Force 3DS 2016
Metroid:  Samus Returns 3DS 2017
Metroid:  Dread SWITCH 2021

Kirby    

Game  Systems Year
Kirby's Dreamland GB 1992
Kirby's Dreamland 2 GB 1995
Kirby's Pinball Land GB 1993
Kirby's Block Ball GB 1996
Kirby's Star Stacker GB 1997
Kirby's Adventure NES 1993
Kirby's Avalanche SNES 1995
Kirby's Dream Course SNES 1995
Kirby Super Star SNES 1996
Kirby's Dreamland 3 SNES 1997
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards N64 2000
Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble GBC 2001
Kirby's Air Ride NGC 2003
Kirby & the Amazing Mirror GBA 2004
Kirby: Canvas Curse DS 2005
Kirby: Squeak Squad DS 2006
Kirby: Mass Attack DS 2011
Kirby's Epic Yarn WII 2010
Kirby's Return to Dreamland WII 2012
Kirby's Triple Deluxe 3DS 2014
Kirby:  Planet Robobot 3DS 2016
Kirby:  Battle Royale 3DS 2017
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse WII U 2015
Kirby Star Allies SWITCH 2018

Zelda    

Game  Systems Year
Legend of Zelda NES 1987
Zelda II: Adventure of Link NES 1988
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past SNES 1992
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening GB 1993
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64 1998
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask N64 2000
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages GBC 2001
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons GBC 2001
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker NGC 2003
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures NGC 2004
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess  NGC / WII 2006
Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap GBA 2004
Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass DS 2007
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks DS 2009
Link's Crossbow Training WII 2007
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword WII 2011
Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds
Tri Force Heroes
3DS
3DS
Hyrule Warriors 3DS / WII U 2014
Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild SWITCH / WII U 2017
Cadence of Hyrule SWITCH   2019
Hyrule Warriors:  Age of Clamity  SWITCH 2020

Also, I'll post some of the icons we had at Nintendoage (just as an example). It seems like we can make better and more detailed charms here.  

image.png.c961cbb528391fbc9c14f834e92b4c1a.png

I like the basic idea of these, but I think the Kirby one would be better if it was all pink and just Kirby's face, ha.  

Edited by NintendoTwizer
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Agree 3

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not up to date on the discussion here but, one of the big catalyst for my collecting was using NA awards to focus on areas to collect, so in turn I have really robust collections for series ranging from Nintendo, Sega, Sony and Microsoft stuff, has there been any traction on maybe considering series awards? Also, is this a good place to suggest for certain ones? I have a complete Neogeo Pocket Color, N-Gage and Game.com set as example but don't think there are awards here, I don't have many console full sets but figured I should try for the ones I did do 😛

Since NA went away I've moved and have built up my collection a lot, so it would be cool to have a new excuse to take pictures, hopefully this time without the '+5 non game' item requirement, since I can fulfill that usually but don't really care to picture that stuff.

Edited by goldenpp72

Social Team · Posted
On 5/19/2022 at 10:19 AM, ikk said:

Any chance charms for toys to life sets (especially Disney Infinity and Lego Dimensions) will be added in the future?

I'd like to second this for Lego Dimensions.  Given that new sets are no longer being made, and the collection its is no small feat to complete like someone may think.... This tracker shows cost to be about $1,500 LEGO Dimensions Tracker v2.4  Hell even PriceCharting is tracking it PriceCharting - LEGO Dimensions.  

Yes I know this is a "cheap" collection but it's a FULL set (62 packs).  But we should totally open the door to this since we have charms for full sets of N64 color variants.  

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

If someone made a thread in suggestions & feedback w/ a short list in a poll of charms you'd like, and let people vote on multiple things, and then people vote on the charms they want/can earn, that'd be a pretty decent way to get them made.

My only personal apprehension with these suggestions is the probability of us doing the work for it to only be earned by one person (or even zero).

Like, the NES Test Station charm was one we made at someone's request, so why does nobody have it?

image.png

Does seriously nobody have a TG16 set?

image.png

I mean I know Magical Chase is expensive these days but it's not a huge set.

52 minutes ago, Gloves said:

image.png

Eh, that surprises me.  I'm sure there are full set owners on here considering this crowd.  I'm just guessing the 2-3 users on here have just not requested it.

Also, can you see those stats only on an admin page, or is their a Charms page that we can all view with those details?  I'd kind of be interested in seeing a master list.

3 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

I swear if y’all make a Nintendo Power charm I will claim it

I just want my experimental Sage charm back.  I had it for something like 24 hours and then "the powers that be" just yanked it from me!

• Sad 1

In my mind, I think the fewer charms available, the more interesting they seem.  But at the same time, I see some of these super obscure charms and I can't help but think, if he have those we might as well add some more (like the e-Reader).  It really doesn't matter to me either way.  If someone sets up a pole to vote on them, I'll certainly take part.  

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, RH said:

Eh, that surprises me.  I'm sure there are full set owners on here considering this crowd.  I'm just guessing the 2-3 users on here have just not requested it.

Also, can you see those stats only on an admin page, or is their a Charms page that we can all view with those details?  I'd kind of be interested in seeing a master list.

Bruh.

image.png

• Thanks 1
  • Disagree 1

Social Team · Posted
28 minutes ago, RH said:

https://www.videogamesage.com/trophies

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

I'd like to second this for Lego Dimensions.  Given that new sets are no longer being made, and the collection its is no small feat to complete like someone may think.... This tracker shows cost to be about $1,500 LEGO Dimensions Tracker v2.4  Hell even PriceCharting is tracking it PriceCharting - LEGO Dimensions.  

Yes I know this is a "cheap" collection but it's a FULL set (62 packs).  But we should totally open the door to this since we have charms for full sets of N64 color variants.  

i'd like to third, forth, and fifth this for lego dimensions. 

Events Helper · Posted
3 hours ago, JVOSS said:

also where is the charms for
Beat Every Gameboy Game Participant

if you have for NES then where is the one for the best hand held system in the world.  and for sure the only one....

they actually beat the full set in the time allotted, aka 1 year.  That is why it was handed out!

• Wow! 1

6 hours ago, Gloves said:

image.png

Actually, that is a huge inhibiting factor to there not being as many full sets out there.  I have everything except Magical Chase and I know two guys locally that are in the same boat.  I can only imagine there are more than a few members here with the same conundrum: I just can't bring myself to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on a single video game I will almost never play.  But the day I do decide to pull the trigger, you can rest assured I will proudly put in my charm request... 🙂

EDIT: Also, if you do ever make an M82 charm, I will immediately request that one as well; and one charm in use is definitely better than zero 😛

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1

Administrator · Posted
4 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Actually, that is a huge inhibiting factor to there not being as many full sets out there.  I have everything except Magical Chase and I know two guys locally that are in the same boat.  I can only imagine there are more than a few members here with the same conundrum: I just can't bring myself to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on a single video game I will almost never play.  But the day I do decide to pull the trigger, you can rest assured I will proudly put in my charm request... 🙂

EDIT: Also, if you do ever make an M82 charm, I will immediately request that one as well; and one charm in use is definitely better than zero 😛

Just buy the game bro.

• Haha 1