IGNORED

Ranks & Badges Discussion Thread

Gloves

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2023 at 11:49 AM, darkchylde28 said:

It seems unlikely that they didn't produce enough software to go around compared to the number of systems that they produced.  If anything, historically, console makers have always put out more software titles than what the platform could support (at one time, there were more copies of Pac Man for the Atari 2600 than existed Atari 2600 systems themselves).  There might not be an enormous library for the system, but virtually guaranteed, there's most likely more than enough software to go around per-console, even if it's harder to find (which isn't surprising given where it was exclusive and when).

Funny enough, this just isn't true for the Super A'can. I have 7 systems (just from having to buy a system to get a specific game). There were tons and tons of consoles produced, but it seems like a complete afterthought to have enough software. I also heard rumors about unsold software burning down in a warehouse, but any proof of that has long since disappeared from the internet. 

Anyway, there's far far far more consoles than software out there. There's youtubers and instagramers that have only the console, or at most 1-2 games. Maybe it's just an China/Taiwan market thing. You can buy a complete set of Game King 1 consoles (1 of each color, probably 10-15 colors) about 100 fold easier than finding 1 of each game. 

Administrator · Posted
Just now, JVOSS said:

ahhh yes you made it public..

so cool but what are they...

I'm going through and making ranks for forum participation. The names and images are kinda placeholder (I generated the images using AI, off the top of my head), but it's like... a base for what we'll have at least. I was thinking I might do a poll to ask what people want to see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

I'm going through and making ranks for forum participation. The names and images are kinda placeholder (I generated the images using AI, off the top of my head), but it's like... a base for what we'll have at least. I was thinking I might do a poll to ask what people want to see.

cool..  and the charms are back when?  LOL....

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, RH said:

@Gloves Can we get a semi-official, new post on this XP system?  Like, what are the levels, how is XP earned, and we can commit/make suggestions on how it works?

Yeah I'm gonna be looking for feedback on stuff like the rank names and icons, as well as the point distribution. 

Part of my doing the work on it I've already done is me working out how it works in the first place. It's the new(ish) official achievement system made by Invision. I've not looked lately but you could probably answer some of your questions with a search online using those terms. Not that I wanna pawn off the duty, but just in the meantime until I get around to making a post. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Yeah I'm gonna be looking for feedback on stuff like the rank names and icons, as well as the point distribution. 

Part of my doing the work on it I've already done is me working out how it works in the first place. It's the new(ish) official achievement system made by Invision. I've not looked lately but you could probably answer some of your questions with a search online using those terms. Not that I wanna pawn off the duty, but just in the meantime until I get around to making a post. 

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/member-functions/achievements-ranks-r362/

• The title was changed to Ranks & Badges Discussion Thread
  • The topic was locked