IGNORED

Badge Signup Thread

Gloves

2 hours ago, Nes Freak said:

since an import charm does exist can i request it? for 25?  or if not just remember me when implemented.

the nes games are all pal B  i got them when i ordered a pal-B m82 demo unit.

IMG_3387.JPG

This import charm seems very US-centric... I suggest for collectors outside North America they have to own at least 25 USA games, lol! 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/11/2020 at 9:04 PM, Jeevan said:

surely u have this with your north amercan and japan n64 games!?

The Japanese ones wouldn't count in @OptOut' s situation or in mine , for that matter, as the Japanese games are the ones that were sold here locally 😉😄

I'm not even sure I have enough imported games to get a charm. I have two from Australia, and a few others from elsewhere, might have about 15 if I'm lucky.

edit: Wait... actually I do have enough! Forgot about a large chunk of imported games.

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I'm just not gonna let fcgamer or optout have the charms for imports cuz I don't like that they live in Taiwan.

I was gonna take some pics of my south American-made and Thailand-made carts, surely they'd count? 😄

edit: Shoot, I forgot, to many in the west Taiwan is an alias for Thailand :')

Edited by fcgamer
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I'm just not gonna let fcgamer or optout have the charms for imports cuz I don't like that they live in Taiwan.

I didn't even want the charm in the first place! I was only here for some mild trolling, and suddenly I'm bang under the spotlight!

I honestly didn't even read any of the pages up to this point, I only clicked on the link in the sidebar out of curiosity a couple days ago, lol! 

Banned from charms, eh?! The injustice continues... 😤

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/11/2020 at 4:12 AM, Scrobins said:

You got it! Nice collection by the way 😉

Are you able to get your 8-Bit Music Power to work on your NES? I can't get mine to work with the Famicom to NES adaptor I have.

Despite what many people over on Famicom World (and collectors as a whole) want to believe, the carts were marketed as being for use with Columbus Circle's line of Famiclones. In all the pictures and advertising I saw online surrounding the games (at least the initial one), the games were sold in stores displays with the clones nearby.

Needless to say, the clones would have the correct voltage, any modern noac coming out of China would be compatible and not be a safety issue.

Hardware purists are / were upset at this and were quick to denounce it as shoddy craftsmanship or whatever, but the games work 100% fine on the machines they were designed for.

As to why someone in Japan would want to purchase a new clone over an old machine? Well if I were a casual, I'd probably opt for new. Similarly, if I were buying a gift for someone who was a casual, I'd likely do the same.

So yeah, I hope that explains a bit better about the Columbus Circle music carts. They've been unfairly persecuted for far too long.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Despite what many people over on Famicom World (and collectors as a whole) want to believe, the carts were marketed as being for use with Columbus Circle's line of Famiclones. In all the pictures and advertising I saw online surrounding the games (at least the initial one), the games were sold in stores displays with the clones nearby.

Needless to say, the clones would have the correct voltage, any modern noac coming out of China would be compatible and not be a safety issue.

Hardware purists are / were upset at this and were quick to denounce it as shoddy craftsmanship or whatever, but the games work 100% fine on the machines they were designed for.

As to why someone in Japan would want to purchase a new clone over an old machine? Well if I were a casual, I'd probably opt for new. Similarly, if I were buying a gift for someone who was a casual, I'd likely do the same.

So yeah, I hope that explains a bit better about the Columbus Circle music carts. They've been unfairly persecuted for far too long.

Sort of like how the "Phantom System" released by Gradiente in Brazil has Crimebusters as its own game but it's also compatible in an NES because they're basically the same form factor.

Also it's funny how Licensed US games like Ghostbusters, Super Pitfall, Gauntlet, Predator, etc. from companies like Activision and Tengen/Atari are unlicensed over there. They're Licensed from Atari/Tengen, and Activision but not from Nintendo making them unlicensed NES compatible games! Even a couple Color Dreams and Sachen games made it there too!

• Like 1

Is the imports charm ready?  If hardware counts I'd like to apply for the 25 Imports one.

imports1.thumb.jpg.6b6460d2a80c33ac450ca8b43e182485.jpg

Here is my Japanese Panasonic Q Gamecube.  I'd take a better picture, but I would have to remove so much stuff from that shelf.

imports2.thumb.jpg.a11e4e7da8799fdc19e3a2a88040abe4.jpg

imports3.thumb.jpg.a2a983d3cdba6178b04a8f4dd904245f.jpg

imports4.thumb.jpg.56bf8f044912ebda8b4203501e6a2e69.jpg

I also have a Japanese SMB Advance and a boxed launch Japanese GBA system (it was all a bundle I bought along with that F-Zero), but no amount of digging in my closet this morning unearthed it.

Homebrew Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Nice.  I will have to take pictures of mine. 

Is it 25, 50 or 100?  Also, can you confirm if hardware counts?  My last count had me at exactly 99 import games, but I also have a small selection of import consoles, controllers and accessories.  

25, 50, 100.

Hardware does not count, games only.