IGNORED

Ballsy requests people ask of you

fcgamer

11 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

That was the main reason I wouldn't do work for non-friends.   As soon as you fix one thing, you're suddenly on the hook for every little thing that fucks up, even if it's months down the road.

"Hey remember that weird intermittent problem I was having with my laptop that I forced you to work on at thanksgiving but I couldn't replicate?  It's acting up again.  I thought you were supposed to be good at this stuff!?"  - One person in every family.

• Haha 1

One of my friends mom calls me for every little thing she needs done, recently put up and probably eventually take down her fake christmas tree, last couple have been oh my daughter and son in law are coming up can you move stuff for me to clear out sleeping space, i want to spend more time with them and dont want them to have to do it. Then next week oh my son, my friend, is coming the mattress you put on his bed can you move it back into other room so he has a place to sleep and doesn't have to move a mattress when he comes in. Of course i messed with my friend a little with that one, in our friends group text was like oh my god are you ok did you break an arm or something and everyone was like whats up so i explained that. But my best one from her is most years i help her set up her inflatable pool in her back yard, its not hard just pull the thing out lay it down and roll out and she inflates and installs filters and fills it. One year i go over to do it and start and she is like oh the new fake astro turf has to go down first. So I'm like ok when are you having that get done. She goes oh you have to go get it i ordered it at home depot. So i go over there, mind you i have a maybe 7 foot bed on my pick up, she ordered 3 15 foot long rolls of the stuff, so i'm like ok so you're renting a truck from here, shes like no it can fit in your truck. I'm like its not going to fit, but she goes well you gotta make it happen. Thankfully at this point my friend, her son, showed up and we are both looking at each other like what the fuck is she thinking. Worst part is I'm helping the 20 something year old kid at home depot to get these 100lb rolls into my truck and have them lean on top of the cab and hang over the hood. We get the third one in and 20 year old kid helps tie them down goes above and beyond. I lean to my friend and am like your mom is gonna tip this kid right, he didn't have to do half the stuff he did but went above and beyond to help get this stuff in and secured since i did not know i would be moving stuff. She doesn't tip him at all.

Get back to the house she hadn't cleared the old stuff out either so we had to take everything out of her backyard pick up the old astro turf before we could even start. Thankfully at this point another friend came over to help move the 3 new 100lb rolls into the back yard. we get the first one in roll it out. Go to pick second one up put it down, roll it half way and take like a 10 minute break to dick around, she comes out and is like chop chop come on boys lets go youre not strong enough to do this, and the 3 of us are thinking im wasting a saturday for this, get the third roll out. We then get the pool out and spotted and I'm like alright im going home im done. Worst part is I was there whole time took about 5 to 6 hours to do, her son was there for like 5 hours and the third friend was there for like 4 hours. She hands me a $20 and is like thanks for the help today. Doesn't give anything to other guy, so i take him out and we split the $20 for lunch.

Next year she called me to do it and I just didn't pick up my phone and usually when i do see that she calls dont pick up unless i need something.

• Wow! 4

51 minutes ago, Wasg13 said:

One of my friends mom calls me for every little thing she needs done, recently put up and probably eventually take down her fake christmas tree, last couple have been oh my daughter and son in law are coming up can you move stuff for me to clear out sleeping space, i want to spend more time with them and dont want them to have to do it. Then next week oh my son, my friend, is coming the mattress you put on his bed can you move it back into other room so he has a place to sleep and doesn't have to move a mattress when he comes in. Of course i messed with my friend a little with that one, in our friends group text was like oh my god are you ok did you break an arm or something and everyone was like whats up so i explained that. But my best one from her is most years i help her set up her inflatable pool in her back yard, its not hard just pull the thing out lay it down and roll out and she inflates and installs filters and fills it. One year i go over to do it and start and she is like oh the new fake astro turf has to go down first. So I'm like ok when are you having that get done. She goes oh you have to go get it i ordered it at home depot. So i go over there, mind you i have a maybe 7 foot bed on my pick up, she ordered 3 15 foot long rolls of the stuff, so i'm like ok so you're renting a truck from here, shes like no it can fit in your truck. I'm like its not going to fit, but she goes well you gotta make it happen. Thankfully at this point my friend, her son, showed up and we are both looking at each other like what the fuck is she thinking. Worst part is I'm helping the 20 something year old kid at home depot to get these 100lb rolls into my truck and have them lean on top of the cab and hang over the hood. We get the third one in and 20 year old kid helps tie them down goes above and beyond. I lean to my friend and am like your mom is gonna tip this kid right, he didn't have to do half the stuff he did but went above and beyond to help get this stuff in and secured since i did not know i would be moving stuff. She doesn't tip him at all.

Get back to the house she hadn't cleared the old stuff out either so we had to take everything out of her backyard pick up the old astro turf before we could even start. Thankfully at this point another friend came over to help move the 3 new 100lb rolls into the back yard. we get the first one in roll it out. Go to pick second one up put it down, roll it half way and take like a 10 minute break to dick around, she comes out and is like chop chop come on boys lets go youre not strong enough to do this, and the 3 of us are thinking im wasting a saturday for this, get the third roll out. We then get the pool out and spotted and I'm like alright im going home im done. Worst part is I was there whole time took about 5 to 6 hours to do, her son was there for like 5 hours and the third friend was there for like 4 hours. She hands me a $20 and is like thanks for the help today. Doesn't give anything to other guy, so i take him out and we split the $20 for lunch.

Next year she called me to do it and I just didn't pick up my phone and usually when i do see that she calls dont pick up unless i need something.

You have the patience of a saint. I would have just laughed and turned around and left without saying a word.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, MuNKeY said:

Meh I couldn't count the times I had been hit up to work on computers once they learn I know how to work on them and I never quite understood why they think people would do this for free now if it was brought up I would just say I used to but no longer with the explanation of how a lot of people liked taking advantage of peoples skills to do a job and get nothing or near nothing back in return and second I was not offering tech support 24/7 because someone doesn't know to avoid ransomware/malware and fucking their shit up after fixing it one time already and that generally that put an end to it. 

How true is this especially the last sentence.

I work in IT, specifically in a BA/QA role - which has absolutely 0% to do with anything regarding debugging/cleaning/fixing computers.  Yet, like every single person I meet it feels like "Oh, you work in IT, ya know I got this old laptop...".  People apparently think "IT" means "Gods of Computers, Helpers of All".

While I do know quite a bit about computers (can build desktops and do general computer cleanup), I have helped a friend or two out.  Worst mistake I could have made, you are 1000% correct in that it then translates the relationship to a on-the-fly 24/7 tech support friend.  Ugh.

1 hour ago, Wasg13 said:

This makes me sick...that is beyond ballsy.  Can't believe you were so supportive, but kudos ya beastly Mandalorian.

Someone on eBay bought a Playstation Underground from me for like $15. A few weeks after they got it I got a refund request. The message stated since the discs say "Not for Resale" they thought they shouldn't have to pay for it. I thought they were joking... But I humored them and said sure, ship it back and I'll refund you. They mailed it back and got a refund. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 hours ago, Wasg13 said:

wall of being taken advantage of

Does she have blackmail pics of you or something?

I don't get why you would keep doing all these things (or why your friend wouldn't take it upon himself to say something to her about bugging you for all this shit)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Does she have blackmail pics of you or something?

I don't get why you would keep doing all these things (or why your friend wouldn't take it upon himself to say something to her about bugging you for all this shit)

No she doesn't, and i really don't help anymore, and my friend lives in Penn we NJ so i think he tries to avoid her at all cost as well, so I get stuck i usually dont pick up anymore and she can go onto the next one.

And i mean i have more great stories, of her ballsyness. She asked me to watch her dog i was the night guy so no big deal either wanted me to stay at house over night cause dog needed to be out early cause she gets up at like 6am for work and lets him out and thats his schedule, so I am up at 6 am anyway so no big deal i can do the let him out at night sleep over if i want and let him out at 6, first night go over, she gave me the wrong key to the house couldn't get in so i feel bad the little guy is stuck in there all night by himself and all morning. Next day go over early to talk to other person that lets him out during the day get in and get another spare key from inside.

Best part of this story is, she gets sick while visiting here daughter down in georgia and cant fly cant because of it. Mind you my schedule for work is hectic as it is for work as i'm basically on call 24 7 almost 7 days a week. Usually dont get a lot of emergency calls but one day i'm working mornings next i can be nights some i can be doing both. This lady has the nerve to call everyone else to call me and be like can you tell Dave he has to keep coming another 4 days. Mind you she is suppose to be home like 3 hours later. So i walk in at 8 she is suppose to be home at 11pm, guy i grab to let me in to grab spare key is like so you spending the night again and im like no im letting the dog out and she will be home in a couple hours, im done did what i said i would. Again another neighbor sees me as i'm walking the dog and comes out and is like oh so i hear you are watching the dog for another couple days, I'm like as I know I'm done as soon as I'm done walking the dog right now and haven't heard anything to disprove that. At midnight she calls and is like how are things going. I'm like good I let him out early should be all good when you get in. She was like oh you're not staying over tonight. I'm like you should be home by now. She was like i called the 2 people from earlier to tell you i was sick and not coming home to next week i needed you to watch the dog longer. I'm like i got to head to new york for work for the next 4 days so i can't. She was like well what am I suppose to do. I'm like idk not my problem and hung up. Best part is her son comes up that weekend so i go over and hang out with him and she is like well how many times did you have to clean up his accidents he has one or two a day with me. I was like 0 he was fine. She was amazed by this. As the day goes on the dog is sitting there barking at her to go out, she is like shut up you're being annoying, so i lean over to my friend her son and am like i don't think you're mom should have a dog he wants to go out. Not 3 minutes later the dog pisses on the floor and she is like what the hell is wrong with you why would you pee on the floor, and I straight up look at her and was like he was barking at you to go out for like 3 minutes and you did nothing its your fault he pissed on the floor hes not barking at you cause hes being annoying hes barking cause he needs to go out. She was like well why didn't you tell me that before now i have to clean up his piss.

Moral of all these stories that i have learned, people are selfish and will use you to get what they need so use them first and get what you need and get out.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 2

Dang, wasg, thats insane. Glad you don't help her anymore. Some people just take others for granted. 

The biggest favor I've ever done for someone was I helped dig a grave for my friend's pet horse who died. Difference was he was my best friend and he didn't expect me to help, so I was happy to do it. But god damn horses are way bigger than you'd think. Felt like I was digging a fucking basement.

On 1/18/2020 at 5:08 PM, Wasg13 said:

No she doesn't, and i really don't help anymore, and my friend lives in Penn we NJ so i think he tries to avoid her at all cost as well, so I get stuck i usually dont pick up anymore and she can go onto the next one.

And i mean i have more great stories, of her ballsyness. She asked me to watch her dog i was the night guy so no big deal either wanted me to stay at house over night cause dog needed to be out early cause she gets up at like 6am for work and lets him out and thats his schedule, so I am up at 6 am anyway so no big deal i can do the let him out at night sleep over if i want and let him out at 6, first night go over, she gave me the wrong key to the house couldn't get in so i feel bad the little guy is stuck in there all night by himself and all morning. Next day go over early to talk to other person that lets him out during the day get in and get another spare key from inside.

Best part of this story is, she gets sick while visiting here daughter down in georgia and cant fly cant because of it. Mind you my schedule for work is hectic as it is for work as i'm basically on call 24 7 almost 7 days a week. Usually dont get a lot of emergency calls but one day i'm working mornings next i can be nights some i can be doing both. This lady has the nerve to call everyone else to call me and be like can you tell Dave he has to keep coming another 4 days. Mind you she is suppose to be home like 3 hours later. So i walk in at 8 she is suppose to be home at 11pm, guy i grab to let me in to grab spare key is like so you spending the night again and im like no im letting the dog out and she will be home in a couple hours, im done did what i said i would. Again another neighbor sees me as i'm walking the dog and comes out and is like oh so i hear you are watching the dog for another couple days, I'm like as I know I'm done as soon as I'm done walking the dog right now and haven't heard anything to disprove that. At midnight she calls and is like how are things going. I'm like good I let him out early should be all good when you get in. She was like oh you're not staying over tonight. I'm like you should be home by now. She was like i called the 2 people from earlier to tell you i was sick and not coming home to next week i needed you to watch the dog longer. I'm like i got to head to new york for work for the next 4 days so i can't. She was like well what am I suppose to do. I'm like idk not my problem and hung up. Best part is her son comes up that weekend so i go over and hang out with him and she is like well how many times did you have to clean up his accidents he has one or two a day with me. I was like 0 he was fine. She was amazed by this. As the day goes on the dog is sitting there barking at her to go out, she is like shut up you're being annoying, so i lean over to my friend her son and am like i don't think you're mom should have a dog he wants to go out. Not 3 minutes later the dog pisses on the floor and she is like what the hell is wrong with you why would you pee on the floor, and I straight up look at her and was like he was barking at you to go out for like 3 minutes and you did nothing its your fault he pissed on the floor hes not barking at you cause hes being annoying hes barking cause he needs to go out. She was like well why didn't you tell me that before now i have to clean up his piss.

Moral of all these stories that i have learned, people are selfish and will use you to get what they need so use them first and get what you need and get out.

Moral of the story is that there are people who receive and give, and there are those who receive and take more (your friend’s mom). 

The fact that she keeps asking you for help and not her son should have been a hint already. 🙂