IGNORED

Happy New Year/Decade!

NZCollector

I did this every year on NintendoAge, and I shall continue the tradition on here too. HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

It's 12:37 am on January 1st, 2020 here in New Zealand as of typing this, hello from the future. First country to see the turn of the decade. Hope you all had a fantastic 2019 and have an incredible 2020. It'll be very interesting to see where we are in ten years time, notably in technology. Personally I think there'll be a near complete shift to digital entertainment and likely a widespread introduction to augmented reality. 

Personally 2019 was the worst year of my life, breaking my ankle in the worst way possible and losing a family member both within a week, and general shortcomings that followed. Hopefully you all felt differently. It was good in that I completed my first year of university and have found my true passions to pursue after I graduate, which made the lowpoints not as bad. 

And then having VGS start up so well! So glad there's this community of us to share our hobby and enjoyment to retro games, thanks all for making that happen! Hopefully you all set some nice, realistic resolutions and can see them through to completion. Whether that be collecting or otherwise, hopefully you can achieve your goals! 

Edited by NZCollector
  • Like 7

Administrator · Posted

I'll be honest I'm having a bit of trouble getting in the celebrating mood with the stuff going on in Australia. In a bit of a funk from it even. 

I wasn't going to do any drinking since I'm alone but maybe I'll do a glass for the people and animals there working hard right now just to survive.

Not intending to be a downer, just where I'm at right now.

6 hours ago, Estil said:

I don't suppose you got to be there in 2000 did you?  I mean to be among the first to see the start of the new millennium must've been so awesome.

Ha wish I could've experienced it! 

I was born September 2000, so missed it by quite a bit. From looking at the Y2K hysteria, it would've been an interesting time for sure. 

2020, let's go guys. Make it the best. Happy new year!

Shit and earlier going home around 1:30am, someone almost crashed into me when I was turning into the right lane to exit from the highway. He was going around 110. If I didn't move out in time, he would have hit me. Please stay safe everyone out there.

Edited by Skorp

4 hours ago, NZCollector said:

Ha wish I could've experienced it! 

I was born September 2000, so missed it by quite a bit. From looking at the Y2K hysteria, it would've been an interesting time for sure. 

I was born March 1980 (so you know what's coming for me then... 😞 ) but indeed it was!  I was at home watching the then new South Park movie on my parent's TV the evening before the ball drop while I was home on Christmas break after my first semester at UK (sadly I bombed by two computer science intro courses so I ended up changing my majors to history and political science, which I ultimately did graduate with) and they and their friends were out somewhere getting drunk at a party or something.  As for the Y2K hysteria, maybe it did in fact help bring attention to and fix at least some of the non-Y2K ready machines, ya know?  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Estil said:

I was born March 1980 (so you know what's coming for me then... 😞 ) but indeed it was!  I was at home watching the then new South Park movie on my parent's TV the evening before the ball drop while I was home on Christmas break after my first semester at UK (sadly I bombed by two computer science intro courses so I ended up changing my majors to history and political science, which I ultimately did graduate with) and they and their friends were out somewhere getting drunk at a party or something.  As for the Y2K hysteria, maybe it did in fact help bring attention to and fix at least some of the non-Y2K ready machines, ya know?  

Don’t be sad. 40 is gonna be great. I’m 40 next year and I’m gonna make it the best year.😁