IGNORED

Ever find bugs in your games?

fcgamer

Nothing living. I've found dead spiders & bugs inside game carts and consoles. The worst was a yard sale Wii I took apart because it was scratching discs and found the disc drive was full of spider silk and pieces of bug carapace.

At a yard sale once, I came across a GBA lot inside a GBA travel fanny pack. I opened up one of the compartments and cockroaches immediately began scurrying about inside it. I put the pack down and walked away.

• Wow! 1

Never found any bugs in a game, but consoles are a different story. I find the grossest shit in them. All kinds of bugs, cigarette butts pieces of food. The list goes on. I used to work in a store that bought used media and I’d find all kinds of nasty shit in people’s stuff all the time. The worst was I opened up a dvd case once and dozens of cockroaches came crawling out all over my arm. There’s also nothing like sticking your hands into a strangers back pack 🤢

• Haha 1

Working in a game store, you'll see everything

Not often inside games. Did see bugs in a Master system game box, a roach in a Mario Party 5 box.

So many bugs in game systems. When you work repairing systems, you see the worst of the worst. Roaches every day in PS4s. I've learned from this to never buy a PS4 used!! Seriously, so many roaches in so many PS4s. Disgusting. 

Edited by acromite53
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Never found any bugs in a game, but consoles are a different story. I find the grossest shit in them. All kinds of bugs, cigarette butts pieces of food. The list goes on. I used to work in a store that bought used media and I’d find all kinds of nasty shit in people’s stuff all the time. The worst was I opened up a dvd case once and dozens of cockroaches came crawling out all over my arm. There’s also nothing like sticking your hands into a strangers back pack 🤢

I feel your pain. One time a guy takes his Ps4 out of his backpack and places it on the counter. Roaches proceed to scurry out. Man nonchalantly puts it back into his backpack and walks out. Then I'm chasing these things down before another customer walks in. I've got way more stories too.

Why are people so casual about having roach infestations? Whenever I call someone to let them know that their system has an infestation, or if they are at the front counter, they dont care and act like "oh yeah makes sense". If it was me, I'd freak out and go into action mode. Time to call an exterminator and get this problem solved. I dont want to see what their home is like. 😥🤢

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Events Team · Posted

Yeah, found some dead bugs in many NES consoles over the years. As long as they're normal size for something that chose a NES console as their coffin, I don't mind much cause it is just something likely to happens. Sometimes when they're sort of bigger than what I would casually expect, or that there's too much of them, I find it quite repulsively gross. But the thing I absolutely find disgusting is when you have a combination of some dirty coca cola dried up inside a console with some shit/bugs sticked on it, YUCK! 

I repair electronics for pawn shops. Some of the stuff they take in and I have to open up to clean/fix is horrendous. I have a plastic tote dedicated to putting stuff in and spraying with bug spray and letting sit for few hours before starting on it so live ones are scattering to the winds in my house.

Also as a car mechanic for a long time, peoples cars can be equally terrifying inside. Have actually had to turn away a person once that pulled in the service drive, car was literally to the roof with garage, and you can see roaches running across him as he sat in the driver seat. Didnt bother him in the least.

1 hour ago, Gutling said:

I repair electronics for pawn shops. Some of the stuff they take in and I have to open up to clean/fix is horrendous. I have a plastic tote dedicated to putting stuff in and spraying with bug spray and letting sit for few hours before starting on it so live ones are scattering to the winds in my house.

Also as a car mechanic for a long time, peoples cars can be equally terrifying inside. Have actually had to turn away a person once that pulled in the service drive, car was literally to the roof with garage, and you can see roaches running across him as he sat in the driver seat. Didnt bother him in the least.

I used to do the same thing and as a side project with a friend of mine, and I agree it's unreal some of the nasty things you come across. 

My first Genesis was a roach motel when I got it. Looked fairly clean on the outside, but the inside was like it'd been in a barn for twenty years. The amount of dead cockroaches was staggering... *shivers* 

Funny thing is that after cleaning it, that Genesis ran like a champ. Never had a problem with it, aside from it generally being one of the worse revisions for audio/video quality.

I've only found tiny, dead beetles in some of my games.  Nothing much to worry about. I've found some nasty systems but they've had the same issue--tiny little bugs, but no spiders.

On 12/23/2019 at 7:37 AM, Gutling said:

My car use to be parked each night by a giant red tip bush.  I also had to get up early to go to work, and one morning when I was a about a mile and a half away from my home, a huge frickin' wolf spider crawled across my wind shield down into the air vent. I nearly ran of the road, I jumped out of my car and started looking through windshield hoping to find that rascal.

Nope!  It was also the middle of the winter at 5:00AM and I was NOT about to cut on the heat and disturb the thing and have it crawl out of the air vent and onto my hand.

I never found they thing either.  I sold the car not long after that.

• Haha 1