IGNORED

How would you open a sticker sealed NES game? (if given the opportunity)

austin532

I've always wondered about this. Couldn't the flaps/tabs on the bottom of the box be pulled open? They might get a bit bent in the process though if not done carefully.

I was worried someone out there might fake sticker seals to up the value of a game. Seems easier to fake than H-Seam shrink wrap, and considering the money people have been dropping on sticker sealed games lately, it just seems risky.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, RH said:

If a gun was held to my head...

Heat gun and peel off just one side. One finished, I would then leave the sticker unpressed back on the box to show it was opened.

Same. To be more specific, I'd peel up from the front of the box, then press the bottom half of the sticker back down on the upper flap so it would be nice and smooth for future viewing.

Just now, DoctorEncore said:

Same. To be more specific, I'd peel up from the front of the box, then press the bottom half of the sticker back down on the upper flap so it would be nice and smooth for future viewing.

But if you do that, I think, you can't see "Nintendo.  Isn't it usually positioned on the front-side of the box, which means it would be folded inside and not visible. Personally, I'd rather keep it unattached, especially if it were to then get graded.  Pressing it on the flap hides that circle sticker goodness.

26 minutes ago, RH said:

But if you do that, I think, you can't see "Nintendo.  Isn't it usually positioned on the front-side of the box, which means it would be folded inside and not visible. Personally, I'd rather keep it unattached, especially if it were to then get graded.  Pressing it on the flap hides that circle sticker goodness.

I'm okay with that. I just want it smoothly pressed down. I would never get it graded, so I could always open the flap to show people. 😁

48 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Come on, you're on your death bed, you have no family to take your inheritance, but you still have your old Nintendo tapes. Take that Gumshoe and slice it open just to feel something one last time!

Ill take the knife. Slice the sticker fast and clean and continue the swipe into my heart ending my life to atone for my sin of opening a sticker sealed game.

• Haha 1