IGNORED

2020 MLB Thread

Bearcat-Doug

2 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

John Henry and Tom Werner are PR guys. I guarantee you Cora is gone. I would be shocked if he's not. 

Personally I think the whole thing is overblown. The response to sign stealing is more extreme than it was to steroids. Suspended for a year? Are you kidding me? Couldn't have even started for a month? 2 first rounders and 5 mil from the organization? Jesus Christ!

As a Sox fan I'll just appreciate what we got. We are about to get boned for half a decade. Dombrowski sold the farm and MLB is about to strip away our ability to build it back. Would Chaim even have come on board if he knew this was about to go down?

Im more worried about astros clubhouse and players pending soon to be free agency. Players loved AJ Hinch. Verlander loved Luhnow. This team is going to start to fracture I have a feeling. Its going to suck. Cmon Jose Altuve. Bring us all together.

This all started with Mike Fiers being pissed he was left off the playoff roster in 2017 after sucking in september. He sure hasnt given back that world series ring he got. "Pine Tar" Mike Fiers casting aspersions on Houston for "not playing the right way" is laughable coming from him.

Edited by Quest4Nes

Still dont know how you could possibly hear a bang with that stadium in a playoff game. Still to act like the astros are the only sign stealers and the the scapegoat of the entire league pisses me off. There is a reason on players really talk about it. Because they know they do it too. 

Minute Maid is so loud with a closed roof. How does this even work on the road with no home camera. I just dont see how its possible to even relay anything in time to even be effective. Alot of questions.

26 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

Still dont know how you could possibly hear a bang with that stadium in a playoff game. Still to act like the astros are the only sign stealers and the the scapegoat of the entire league pisses me off. There is a reason on players really talk about it. Because they know they do it too. 

Minute Maid is so loud with a closed roof. How does this even work on the road with no home camera. I just dont see how its possible to even relay anything in time to even be effective. Alot of questions.

Have you watched any clips of them doing it on youtube?  There's enough seconds between the sign confirmation and the windup to get the number of bangs in.

You'll still hear a drum beat even through the most revved up of crowds.

3 hours ago, Quest4Nes said:

It happened, the punishment may ve unfair,(it is) but prepare to see AAAstros of the 2000s return. The owner litterally blew up the team over this.

Im getting ready myself. Cora is about to get everyone fucked hard. I mean, everything is questioned now. Cora gets in, and Mookie moves from a great player to the best in the game? Really? Everyone on the sox sans JD and Devers had a down year this past year and could hit situationally worth a damn at all. There's reports that the press box the Sox used in 18 was occupied by league officials in 19. They went from the best home teams in mlb in 18 to an under 500 in 19. Coincidence? Cora has me questioning everything. I'll enjoy the title for what it was, but I am preparing to spend some time in the basement this coming decade. You should too.

dude weve seen the video a hundred times. no need to post it. Its the one they show all the time. Not to mention that awesome effective sign stealing up there. losing in the 8th to a crappy white sox team in a regular season game.

like ive said thats a half empty stadium regular season game. you have no idea how loud that place gets in a game that matters.

It doesnt make sense that this would go on for a season and no one notices. I watch every damn game along with thousands of others. Never heard anything. Fans never noticed? media never noticed? road fans never noticed?  I mean it doesnt sound like the most reliable way to transmit information. I think its greatly overblown.

If you are going to punish houston, fine Ill accept that, but burying this story with houston and boston is just wrong. Manfred apologizing about having to investigate boston but had too. He is now probably going to axe any other investigations. We have players (IE Logan Morrison) starting to come out and say other teams do it and they have first hand accounts of dodgers and yankees stealing signs with technology. Seems to me we need to investigate more teams.

Edited by Quest4Nes

Boy are opposing fans gonna really let the visiting 2017 World Series Champions* have it in 2020 with waving those asterisk cards!!

Maybe they can bring back that classic Darryl...Darryl... chant saying Asssterisk....Assssterisk!  Assssterisk....Assssterisk! 😄

I figure that all teams are sign-stealing to some extent.  I know the Astros situation more has to do that they were using technology to steal signs, including using cameras intended for replay, from what I read.  I have to imagine other teams are doing this too and that the shoe is going to drop elsewhere eventually.

3 hours ago, arnpoly said:

I figure that all teams are sign-stealing to some extent.  I know the Astros situation more has to do that they were using technology to steal signs, including using cameras intended for replay, from what I read.  I have to imagine other teams are doing this too and that the shoe is going to drop elsewhere eventually.

And it's nothing new either...I think the 1951 Giants were suspected of doing that, if I'm not mistaken?

13 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

Man, this shit is getting crazy. Being accused of wearing buzzers lol. I think that seems a little too far fetched. If something like that were to ever be proven true, there would be some lifetime bans being thrown around. 

There are previous games where altuve didnt want his shirt ripped off. EVen one where he fought it and they did and there was no wire. Hes a weird humble shy dude. 

Twitter circulating dumb pictures with red circles like its youtube clickbait. There is a picture of reddick posted by an astros hater being circulated. Even the guy that posted it retracted it saying it was wrong and it was proven to be confetti on his shoulder and his necklace chain. 

Astros beat the yankees 3 years in a row and they just cant take it.  National Media  & Yankees /Dodgers fans just spreading everything at this point. Feels like a hit job.  This is turning into a true witch hunt to discredit all astros players. Its sickening. Yankees just dont feel its plausable that a guy who grew up hitting bottle caps with a broom stick can be that good.

So many questions. If they had this "trash can" relay why would they need buzzers? If they had buzzers, wouldnt the team already know not to rip off his shirt? I hate social media.  I cant wait till a story gets out diving deeper into the yankees and dodgers cheating. Im sure that one will get buried asap. Hell the yankees already were punished for using the yes network to steal signs, but nobody cares about that.

Edited by Quest4Nes

20 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

Man, this shit is getting crazy. Being accused of wearing buzzers lol. I think that seems a little too far fetched. If something like that were to ever be proven true, there would be some lifetime bans being thrown around. 

BUZZERS???  This is baseball, not a game show!!

• Like 1