IGNORED

The Mandalorian discussion thread (spoilers)

BriGuy82

Regarding the Mandalorian and his helmet, I kind of hope he never does take it off. There's something to be said about building a culture with an aire of mystery to it, but not writing the story with the expectation that it should be revealed.  The Mandalorians maintain that form of privacy (whatever the reason) so don't make it a "thing" where everyone wonders when the guy will take his helmet off.  Plus, we live in the day of IMDB.  If you're curious, go over there and check it out.  Now, I'm sure once his face is revealed, they will somehow change his face.  Maybe he'll have a big scar, or something, but once it's revealed, it's not going to be a big deal, and the mystery will be gone.  I enjoy not really knowing much about this guy, beyond observing his actions.  Adding a face takes away form the mystery, and that's a large part of this story.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

I agree, he better keep it on forever. From what it looks like, once he takes it off, he's not The Mandalorian anymore. Another season is already in the works, so it would be a huge let-down to the whole series to end with "here's his face. Aaaand he's changed forever. In an unsatisfying way that doesn't make him happy."

But that's probably what's going to happen. There will be some situation where he has an opportunity to save Baby Yoda, that involves losing the helmet. SOMEONE had Baby Yoda locked up and guarded, and now that Mando has him, that someone is going to be very angry. Darth Binks?

I really dont care if he takes his helmet off or not. Im just liking the show. That aspect has no influence on whether I like it or not. Mandalorians have taken their helmets off in rebels and clone wars. They had a whole season of clone wars dedicated to Mandalore and those mandalorians repeatedly had their helmet off. So meh, dont really care. Just want a fun and entertaining show, which it has definitely been so far.

• Like 1

People commenting on the lack of direction, have you watched clone wars or rebels? It's basically the same idea for the season just half as many episodes. The first couple start with 2-3 episode arcs, then 1 off episodes that introduce reoccurring characters into the series and then end on a 2-3 episode arc. Rebels and clone wars and rebels had the luxury of 20-25 episode seasons so they could have more short arcs built in surrounding interesting plot lines but overall the mandolorian has the same arc it started with.

The past few episodes introduced potential reoccurring characters like the crew he locked up, the lady bounty Hunter from the swam world and showed the depth of how fucked his is since he kept baby Yoda. We're primed for a 2-3 episode arc to finish the season. 

Also, he didn't kill the new republic pilot bc he knew he would squeeze the beacon if he was shot or stabbed or w.e. He accurately read that guy and saw that he would need to convince him to put the beacon down before killing him. The beacon was essentially a bigger gun than any of them had and he knew he'd have to out wit the pilot to survive. He ended up out witting everyone to survive. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

People commenting on the lack of direction, have you watched clone wars or rebels? It's basically the same idea for the season just half as many episodes. The first couple start with 2-3 episode arcs, then 1 off episodes that introduce reoccurring characters into the series and then end on a 2-3 episode arc. Rebels and clone wars and rebels had the luxury of 20-25 episode seasons so they could have more short arcs built in surrounding interesting plot lines but overall the mandolorian has the same arc it started with.

The past few episodes introduced potential reoccurring characters like the crew he locked up, the lady bounty Hunter from the swam world and showed the depth of how fucked his is since he kept baby Yoda. We're primed for a 2-3 episode arc to finish the season. 

Also, he didn't kill the new republic pilot bc he knew he would squeeze the beacon if he was shot or stabbed or w.e. He accurately read that guy and saw that he would need to convince him to put the beacon down before killing him. The beacon was essentially a bigger gun than any of them had and he knew he'd have to out wit the pilot to survive. He ended up out witting everyone to survive. 

Only 2 episodes remain. If the current arc remains open (which would be extremely frustrating) then it will have to be resolved next season. 

I see what you're saying, and yeah he did read the guy.... But he was also immediately apprehensive upon learning that a lifeform was on board. (Implying that he wasn't game to kill anyone from the start)

33 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Clone wars which i loved was the same way. Overarching story, individual episode adventures with the occasional 2-4 episode longer arch. Rebels did the same thing. Rebels i didnt like as much but it did have some great episodes and moments.

1 hour ago, Br81zad said:

But he was also immediately apprehensive upon learning that a lifeform was on board. (Implying that he wasn't game to kill anyone from the start)

I think when he references that he did what he had to do oh that planet the female told him to talk about that you see he's only interested in killing when necessary. Also, he definitely enjoys killing droids while he is apprehensive about killing people. Even when he killed the storm troopers, he had to really commit to it and have a driving force which was saving an innocent child that *saved his life*.

1 hour ago, Quest4Nes said:

Rebels did the same thing. Rebels i didnt like as much but it did have some great episodes and moments.

I didn't like rebels nearly as much either but I enjoyed the starting and endy arc of each season.

Events Team · Posted

Yeah new episode was great and had an epic cliffhanger for sure.

Got a Rise of Skywalker related question:

Spoiler

Did they use the baby Yoda healing scene to establish that as the new force power for RoS?  Was not a bit surprised when that came up for Rey.

1 minute ago, JamesRobot said:

Yeah new episode was great and had an epic cliffhanger for sure.

Got a Rise of Skywalker related question:

Hide contents

Did they use the baby Yoda healing scene to establish that as the new force power for RoS?  Was not a bit surprised when that came up for Rey.

Spoiler

Im guessing they absolutely did to get people around the whole idea of that light side power.

Just saw the finale, I thought it was great. Overall this show has been a real pleasant surprise so far.

Spoiler

I was bummed out when the IG droid died. I thought it was awesome when it killed those two scout troopers that had been beating on baby yoda. It was funny when the same troopers were showing off how terrible they were at target shooting (I had to explain that joke to my wife).The mandalorian getting the jet pack was pretty bad ass.  I can't wait for season two! 

• 4 months later...

Very nice! Shortly before Coronageddon hit, I took the family for a Disney World vacation, this was mid-February. We went to the new Star Wars park one day, and while there was tons of cool merch, they didn't have much in the way of Baby Yoda stuff. There were shirts and socks, but no figures or stuffed toys. 

I read that they didn't produce any toys or anything before the show aired because they didn't want it to leak and spoil the surprise. I imagine that there will be tons of Baby Yoda stuff on the shelves by this Christmas season though. Anyway, your build-a-bear is awesome. 

• 6 months later...

Necrobump for Season 2!

Anyone else also seen the first episode?  It seems the SW fan community was a bit divided on this one.  Generally, the tale was enjoyed but some LOVED all of the OG references to original material, while other felt they added to much.

And that ending!  I was hoping something like that would happen the whole dang time!

Also, remember spoilers are allowed.  If you want to join the discussion, watch the current episode before joining. I didn't reference anything that is important for Season 2, ep. 1 as a warning. So you've been warned.

Tonight I watch episode 2 with my wife after the kids are in bed.  I can't wait!

• Like 1

I haven't watched it yet, but I will.  I'll stay out of here until I get around to watching it.  I'm going into it with the same expectations I had for season 1, meaning that I'm not expecting too much.  I considered the first season to be good, but not great.  It was entertaining enough to continue watching, so I'm hoping season 2 is at least more of that.  

9 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I haven't watched it yet, but I will.  I'll stay out of here until I get around to watching it.  I'm going into it with the same expectations I had for season 1, meaning that I'm not expecting too much.  I considered the first season to be good, but not great.  It was entertaining enough to continue watching, so I'm hoping season 2 is at least more of that.  

Hopefully we agree it's been better than the prequels and sequels though. Right?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RH said:

Hopefully we agree it's been better than the prequels and sequels though. Right?

Personally, I'm one of the few who believes the prequel trilogy isn't that bad.  I've re-watched the prequel trilogy many times, and while it isn't perfect, it's not nearly as bad as most people claim.  However, I just can't find much enjoyment out of the sequel trilogy.  I've tried re-watching them and I've never been able to get completely through any of the movies a second time.  

I guess I would rank the Madalorian about evenly with the prequel trilogy, but keep in mind why I say that, FOR ME that isn't a bad thing.  

• Like 1