IGNORED

The Mandalorian discussion thread (spoilers)

BriGuy82

9 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Loving this show. I don't get any of the criticism. It's a western in disguise. It's more Star Wars than any of the newer movies (which I also enjoyed, I know, minority opinion). I can't wait for more!

Well Star Wars was influenced by samurai films which were influenced by westerns so we are full circle now.

Seeing Mando team up with the sheriff of Deadwood doesn’t get more western than that!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Gloves said:

Please do use spoiler tags for anything important:

Hide contents

Like so:

image.png

If for no reason other than that I haven't watched it and it's not possible for an admin to ignore threads, and I'm asking nicely. 😭

I would argue about that, but consider the point and reason, you mind if I recommend a one week embargo?

Anyway...

Spoiler

I can't say I move Grogu as a name, but I think it's comparable to 'Yoda' and 'Yaddle'.  I think another Y name would have been a bit much, but Grogu seems to fit the species.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, RH said:

I would argue about that, but consider the point and reason, you mind if I recommend a one week embargo?

Anyway...

Reveal hidden contents

All I'm saying is that I sit on the "Latest Activity" feed on the site. If I see this thread I tend to just avert my eyes anyway, but if you're gonna drop any "Character X was killed by Character Y" or anything serious I'd just ask that it be in a spoiler tag for a while. A week embargo doesn't help much cuz I won't be able to watch it until the holiday season.

It's not a rule and I won't enforce it in any way, I'm just asking purely for myself, in a "pwetty pwease?" kinda way, not as like "I'm an admin do as I say!" way. It'd just be nice.

On 11/13/2020 at 10:15 PM, Quest4Nes said:

Newest episode was good. Love that we got to see a deeper star wars recurring character(bo katan). One off / ocassional recurring  characters are needed but i like seeing this connected. Feels like this episode is setting up this season nicely.

I feel like this season has set up 3 other series so far. Bo Katan and the fight to reclaim mandalor, Ashoka and her being ok with being a Jedi again and finding 

Spoiler

Thrawn

and Cara Dune past and present.

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

All I'm saying is that I sit on the "Latest Activity" feed on the site. If I see this thread I tend to just avert my eyes anyway, but if you're gonna drop any "Character X was killed by Character Y" or anything serious I'd just ask that it be in a spoiler tag for a while. A week embargo doesn't help much cuz I won't be able to watch it until the holiday season.

It's not a rule and I won't enforce it in any way, I'm just asking purely for myself, in a "pwetty pwease?" kinda way, not as like "I'm an admin do as I say!" way. It'd just be nice.

Ok, no problem. I think we can all respect that.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

I feel like this season has set up 3 other series so far. Bo Katan and the fight to reclaim mandalor, Ashoka and her being ok with being a Jedi again and finding 

Reveal hidden contents

Thrawn

and Cara Dune past and present.

yea i see alot of ahsoka stuff being set up for her own series based on what we just learned and the end of rebels. I think people are right. The scene of rebels at the very end are probably after this episode.

i wonder which 

Spoiler

jedi will reach out for the child. do you think thats the end of this season type thing or later on?

Edited by Quest4Nes

48 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

wonder which

Spoiler

My personal hope is no one comes for the child and he becomes a foundling and becomes a mando 

I know it's a long shot but I really hope we could see the 2nd coming of a founder of mandalor since the first mando was a force user. 

Spoiler

Maybe the child might make a dark saber.

I know it's would be the ultimate fan service but that's what my hope is 

Fan service aside, I'm really happy with the way the first half of the season is going. It really feels like clone wars, and to me that's a good thing. 

Mando seems to really cut the filler episodes down and is added huge substance every other episode at least.

1 hour ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Reveal hidden contents

My personal hope is no one comes for the child and he becomes a foundling and becomes a mando 

I know it's a long shot but I really hope we could see the 2nd coming of a founder of mandalor since the first mando was a force user. 

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe the child might make a dark saber.

I know it's would be the ultimate fan service but that's what my hope is 

Fan service aside, I'm really happy with the way the first half of the season is going. It really feels like clone wars, and to me that's a good thing. 

Mando seems to really cut the filler episodes down and is added huge substance every other episode at least.

Actually... that's not a bad guess.

Spoiler

What if Grugu is "the Mandalorian". As in, the series is really named after him, this is his story, Fun will somehow acquire the Dark Saber and it will be held and kept by the Mandalorians until The Child is old enough to wield it properly.

This could make sense. I've not watch any of The Clone Wars story, read any books or comics and I've only dabbled into the backstory in wookiepedia, but what are their any Mandalorians prophecies about a coming ruler or anything? Maybe consistently calling it "the child" is a foreshadow that he's actually important to Mandalor and, who knows, may one day be groomed to be the leader of their people?

It's a farfetched fan theory, but it doesn't seem like an implausible ark.

I kept hearing how awesome this show is and I had not been able to watch it until recently.  I will be honest and say that I was not impressed one bit with this show.  I pushed myself to finish the first season.  The season finale I did like.  Since it is Star Wars and a Filoni show, I have kept on watching.  The latter two episodes I have enjoyed, particularly this latest one.  I'll keep it at that so as not to spoil anything. 

Most recent episode was the best by far this season.

Spoiler

Having Ahsoka show up is the best fanservice, also nice to see the animted shows getting some love and attention in proper live actions

Grogu is a fine name for the Baby Yoda, actually glad he has a name now instead of just being "the Child". Also some explanation of where he came from and whats happened in the interim.

Big time name drop in the end of the episode there. I really think it means we will probably see Admiral Thrawn and Ezra Bridger show up at some point, also this

Also lots of rumours abound that Jedi Fallen Order main character Cal Kestis could make an appearance. Maybe all of them? At the rate they're going with the cameos and such this season.

Calling it now; Mando makes it to the planet Tython & get Grogu to the altar or w/e, only for Moff Gideon and his goons to show up, kick Mando's ass and steal away Grogu, so Mando has to do the obligatory "getting the band back together" of Ashoka, Bo-Katan and the rest to do a final episode big time brouhaha. At that point a Jedi shows up to take Grogu and train him, though who knows who that will actually be, as there be a lot of contenders (heck wouldn't be surprised to see Hamill suit up as Luke one more time to make a cameo, cause why not?)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Quest4Nes said:

This newest episode was my favorite. The show keeps one upping itself. 

Hide contents

Freaking boba fett combat was awesome, and now hes on the crew. SWEET!!! Rip Razor Crest.

I'd agree but it was thirty friggin minutes. Come on, Disney. This show needs to be an hour!

I guess I'm the only one that thought that was one of the weakest episodes this season. 

Spoiler

So the guy that had Bubba Frtt's armor has been protecting that town for years, but Mando gets his armor and Bubba Fett immediately knows he has it and where to find him?

When the female assassin pushed down the boulder, it magically got bigger and rolled over soldiers standing in a perfect line.

Or the part where Mando finally joins the fight and all of the storm troopers learn how to aim since he has armor on. 

And the light saber looked like a laser sword. They dump all kinds of money into this show and I've seen better effects on a Youtube video.

Edited by Californication

2 hours ago, BriGuy82 said:

I can't even. That episode was so awesome. 

Reveal hidden contents

Boba fett was so bad ass! I wonder if the mandalorian is gonna end up getting slave-1 now that that Razor Crest was destroyed. 

Looks like he's learned a thing or two from the tuskin raiders.