IGNORED

The Mandalorian discussion thread (spoilers)

BriGuy82

On 12/11/2020 at 2:09 AM, Quest4Nes said:

so we got a pretty big announcement of new shows on the horizon. Pretty awesome stuff coming.

A lot of new stuff. Almost too much tbh. Between that and Marvel (and for some GD reason a new Indiana Jones with Harrison Ford... Nothing against Ford but not sure we need this new instalment lol

On 12/12/2020 at 9:02 AM, BriGuy82 said:

I'm looking forward to the obi wan series that's gonna have Darth Vader! That Bad Batch/clone wars trailer looked really good too.

I'm interested in the Acolyte. Also Ahsoka should be good so long as Dave Filoni is behind it, which I don't see why he wouldn't be.

On 12/12/2020 at 9:44 AM, BriGuy82 said:

Not for nothin, but I think Bill Burr is a better actor than comedian. I hope he's on the show more. I like his character.

I agree. At the least they kept the door open.

On 12/12/2020 at 11:11 AM, JamesRobot said:

The last episode infiltrating the Imperial outpost was righteous.  Great theme, comedy, and relentless action.  I just about forgot it was the baby Yoda show until my daughter mentioned that we didnt even see him at the end of the show.

Can't believe we just have one episode left. 

For some reason I thought it was going to be a 12 episode season.

I've been following this series simply out of the frequent need to watch something casual with the girlfriend.

It's a mostly inoffensive and largely enjoyable show that really doesn't do anything to set itself apart, nor does it try it. I wouldn't really describe it as "good", but it serves its purpose well, outside of a few instances of really awful acting. So if that's good to you, I guess it's good enough. 😛

But I gotta give props to that last episode. It feels like the only episode of the show so far with an actual story. I know that sounds kinda silly, but so far I felt like everything that happened in the series has been just that - stuff happening, but without any real purpose to it in the context of storytelling. More like an excuse to show fun fights and setpieces (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).
It's really just a small thing, but Mayfeld's (Bill Burr) character arc felt delightfully human, and it worked well. Kudos.

On 11/29/2020 at 1:25 AM, SpoonMan Abrams X said:
Spoiler

Calling it now; Mando makes it to the planet Tython & get Grogu to the altar or w/e, only for Moff Gideon and his goons to show up, kick Mando's ass and steal away Grogu, so Mando has to do the obligatory "getting the band back together" of Ashoka, Bo-Katan and the rest to do a final episode big time brouhaha. At that point a Jedi shows up to take Grogu and train him, though who knows who that will actually be, as there be a lot of contenders (heck wouldn't be surprised to see Hamill suit up as Luke one more time to make a cameo, cause why not?)

tenor.gif

Mostly lol Good 95% anyway~

That was a solid season finale! I'm not not really the biggest Star Wars fan but that was hype as h*ck!

Spoiler

The beginning bit with Mando's "crew" meeting back up with Bo-Katan to get help, with some nice show of dissension/history between her and Boba.

The action was pretty sweet. The crew was great but also happy they didn't make Mando seem like a goober this time around, which I was a bit fearful they would do. Mando the "true" wielder of the Dark Saber? Wonder where this is going to go 🤔

Mando jettisoning a bunch of Dark Trooper uberdroids only for them to come back and infiltrate the ship made a lot of sense. Was glad they did it the way they did then just having more "show up" or something silly.

The whole build up to the reveal of Luke was top notch. Built almost perfectly I think. Leaves just enough room for doubt to make the final reveal satisfying as all h*ck.

Someone was definitely cutting onions in my room while Mando was saying "see you later" to Grogu no it doesn't matter I was home alone you don't know me

Post credits, what is Boba Fett getting up to? It is Boba Fett so while it seems he's getting his own spin off, do you think it's the last of him we've seen of him in The Mandalorian, or will he crop up elsewhere? We shall see.

I'm definitely curious to see season 3 now.