IGNORED

Song Debate #6: Even Flow / Black Hole Sun

Rate 'em  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Even Flow

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite songs of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing song. Everyone should hear it.
    • 8/10 - Great song. Easy to recommend.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional listen.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to listen.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - In Lil Xan or Blood on the Dance Floor territory
  2. 2. Black Hole Sun

• 10/10 - One of your very favorite songs of all time.
    • 9/10 - Killer f'ing song. Everyone should hear it.
    • 8/10 - Great song. Easy to recommend.
    • 7/10 - Very good, but not quite great.
    • 6/10 - Pretty good. You might enjoy the occasional listen.
    • 5/10 - It's okay, but maybe not something you'll go out of your way to listen.
    • 4/10 - Meh. There's plenty of better alternatives to this.
    • 3/10 - Not very good.
    • 2/10 - Pretty crappy.
    • 1/10 - Horrible in every way.
    • 0/10 - In Lil Xan or Blood on the Dance Floor territory

• The title was changed to Song Debate #6: Even Flow / Black Hole Sun

Even Flow: 1. Fuck everything (besides the Ticketmaster fight) about Pearl Jam from Ten onwards, with a sideways pitchfork. And I've never had any interest in checking out the earlier stuff. I didn't know what the title of this song referred to until I clicked this thread. I gave it until Vedder started singing and said "oh, that one" ⏹️

Black Hole Sun: 7. I always liked this song and it's one of few I welcome when it comes on the radio. I sold my Superunknown >20 years ago and never missed it. I should give it another chance. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Link said:

Black Hole Sun: 7. I always liked this song and it's one of few I welcome when it comes on the radio. I sold my Superunknown >20 years ago and never missed it. I should give it another chance. 

Let Me Drown, Kickstand, and 4th of July are all bangers

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Editorials Team · Posted
11 hours ago, Link said:

Even Flow: 1. Fuck everything (besides the Ticketmaster fight) about Pearl Jam from Ten onwards, with a sideways pitchfork. And I've never had any interest in checking out the earlier stuff. I didn't know what the title of this song referred to until I clicked this thread. I gave it until Vedder started singing and said "oh, that one" ⏹️

Ten is the debut album.  They do not even have a demo available as far as I know.

8 for both. I love grunge so these are easy listens for me. I think SG are easily the better band but I also don’t understand the hatred for PJ. 

I find it’s pretty hard to find people that are into grunge music. I thought it was a liked genre in the rock/metal scene, but if it isn’t SG or Alice in Chains then they don’t want to talk about it. I’ll continue rocking the flannel in honour!

I like Pearl Jam, but Even Flow is just okay. 5/10.

I've never been able to stand Black Hole Sun. I don't know if Soundgarden's other music is any good, because I've never wanted to try listening to any of it because of how bad Black Hole Sun is. Was tempted to give it a 1, but feeling generous today. 2/10.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tantalus said:

I like Pearl Jam, but Even Flow is just okay. 5/10.

I've never been able to stand Black Hole Sun. I don't know if Soundgarden's other music is any good, because I've never wanted to try listening to any of it because of how bad Black Hole Sun is. Was tempted to give it a 1, but feeling generous today. 2/10.

Please go listen to the album Badmotorfinger

• Like 1