IGNORED

VGS Christmas Contest 2023 [ENDED]

ZeldaFreak

8 hours ago, RH said:

Yeah, sure.  That's as far as I could get.  Many of these light-ups and bonuses seem to be random.  Also, has anyone hit the ramp all they way through the top on the left?  I've tried, and I've attempted many ways of getting it up there.  I've knocked out the 4th multiplier roll-over, but I've never made a full loop.

A little trick I found. You can backhand that far left ramp shot with the upper flipper. Just trap the ball and lightly hit the flipper. You can hit most of the targets that way.

But very tough shot overall!

Edited by CT

9 hours ago, Gloves said:

You speak in rhymes,
but you're no vet.
You think your score is good,
but against you I'd bet.
You may have beaten them,
but I doubt you can beat me.
Best you just give up now,
second place is the best you'll ever be.

My strategy is not to be the best 
And you may not yet be beaten
But that cart I will win
By stealin' and cheatin'!

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
17 minutes ago, RH said:

Score updated.  @ZeldaFreak you have a few minutes to update the board, especially since @CT has posted a killer score, and @The Grinch has posted an update?

Done, was about ready to do that before you pinged me actually.

.........Grinch is kicking your guys' asses, step it up fellas! Haha.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Done, was about ready to do that before you pinged me actually.

.........Grinch is kicking your guys' asses, step it up fellas! Haha.

There's a small chance some of us might only post our second-best score.  Also, I have it on good authority that the score does NOT roll over at 9,999,999 and can go up to 99,999,999.

Am I eluding to the fact and/or bluffing that I've broken this game?  Maybe...

• Wow! 1

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, RH said:

Am I eluding to the fact and/or bluffing that I've broken this game?  Maybe...

🤷‍♂️ We'll see I guess, haha. I don't generally test score rolling so I was just making a safe guess in case it does roll over at that amount, obviously if it doesn't  then I'll update the rule for that.

1 minute ago, ZeldaFreak said:

🤷‍♂️ We'll see I guess, haha. I don't generally test score rolling so I was just making a safe guess in case it does roll over at that amount, obviously if it doesn't  then I'll update the rule for that.

I'm not cheating when I say this, but I can commit to the statement that the score does NOT roll over back to 0 at 10,000,000.

Everyone, if they ever get that high can take photos before hand but you don't have to drain a ball to be safe (assuming you trust me.)

Events Team · Posted
39 minutes ago, RH said:

I'm not cheating when I say this, but I can commit to the statement that the score does NOT roll over back to 0 at 10,000,000.

Everyone, if they ever get that high can take photos before hand but you don't have to drain a ball to be safe (assuming you trust me.)

I believe. 🎅

High scores for 2016 were 50 million plus on the AVS scoreboard.

• Wow! 1

Events Team · Posted
52 minutes ago, RH said:

11 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

I believe. 🎅

High scores for 2016 were 50 million plus on the AVS scoreboard.

Good enough for me! Rule updated 👍

On 12/20/2023 at 9:32 AM, RH said:

Yeah, sure.  That's as far as I could get.  Many of these light-ups and bonuses seem to be random.  Also, has anyone hit the ramp all they way through the top on the left?  I've tried, and I've attempted many ways of getting it up there.  I've knocked out the 4th multiplier roll-over, but I've never made a full loop.

I just did it. It just increased the multiplier I had at the moment from 4x to 5x. I'm not sure what you mean about a roll-over.