IGNORED

The perfect box art doesn't exis-

Rhuno

Administrator · Posted

@BlackVega and @fcgamer I know you're just trying to be funny or whatever, but that type of demeaning language about women needs to stop as we want to be a welcoming and inclusive place here.  No need to drag this conversation out here (i.e. don't), PM me with questions.  This should be a reminder to the full community to think about the language we're using and getting rid of the stereotypical male "locker room" language, especially about women.

Now, back to the thread 🙂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, spacepup said:

@BlackVega and @fcgamer I know you're just trying to be funny or whatever, but that type of demeaning language about women needs to stop as we want to be a welcoming and inclusive place here.  No need to drag this conversation out here (i.e. don't), PM me with questions.  This should be a reminder to the full community to think about the language we're using and getting rid of the stereotypical male "locker room" language, especially about women.

Now, back to the thread 🙂

But nobody here was racist, offensive or even sexist here at this point. Ladies on cover arts are nothing new and there are countless examples of it, even during NES era and nobody is offended and this is something you shouldn't even forbid doing. That is even oversensitive. The term doesn't matter. Nobody was degrading ladies. Females on cover arts don't need to be "low quality". They might as well be...... very high quality women😒

Events Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, BlackVega said:

But nobody here was racist, offensive or even sexist here at this point. Ladies on cover arts are nothing new and there are countless examples of it, even during NES era and nobody is offended and this is something you shouldn't even forbid doing. That is even oversensitive. The term doesn't matter. Nobody was degrading ladies. Females on cover arts don't need to be "low quality". They might as well be...... very high quality women😒

Referring to women as ladies (however scantily clad they may be) is totally appropriate.  And while you or I may not be personally offended, it is widely regarded by at least half the population or more that referring to women as "bitchez" is misogynistic and by definition, sexist.  Hence the totally reasonable request from Space.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Personally I feel much more uncomfortable about the term lady, and here's an article explaining some of the issues with the word:

https://helloclue.com/articles/culture/lets-talk-about-word-lady

With the word "bitch", in the circles I run in, it's quite common, take the usage in Avril Lavigne's song "Smile" for example.

That being said, I see bitch as being edgy, a modern woman with personality, whereas the term lady just conjures images of feminine stereotypes and helplessness of yesteryear, rather than strength and independence. 

I will not respond to this further, I just wanted to point out the issue with the outmoded term lady, in hopes we can all as a team work together to make VGS a welcoming place for all.

Events Team · Posted
22 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Personally I feel much more uncomfortable about the term lady, and here's an article explaining some of the issues with the word:

https://helloclue.com/articles/culture/lets-talk-about-word-lady

With the word "bitch", in the circles I run in, it's quite common, take the usage in Avril Lavigne's song "Smile" for example.

That being said, I see bitch as being edgy, a modern woman with personality, whereas the term lady just conjures images of feminine stereotypes and helplessness of yesteryear, rather than strength and independence. 

I will not respond to this further, I just wanted to point out the issue with the outmoded term lady, in hopes we can all as a team work together to make VGS a welcoming place for all.

You don't have to agree, but you are being willfully ignorant of the connotation that word carries across the general western population. 

Anyway, since Opt is indisposed, I added a couple bitchez driving the Ferrari for you guys.

AVkU6Vc.png

• Haha 1