IGNORED

Official VGS Secret Santa Thread 2023! [Signups Closed]

Secret Santa

Editorials Team · Posted

A while back I sent a big ol' box of goodies to a friend in the Netherlands, we had been trading boxes for a long time. Shipping was $60. It got returned because the customs form wasn't specific enough. I had to pay another 60 to try again. So don't just put Gifts as the contents of the box lol. It can be categorized as a gift but the itemized list has to be more specific.

Hey everyone, tomorrow (the 9th) is the deadline to ship!!!

Some have communicated to me already about shipping late, but there are still a handful of folk who have not shipped and have not communicated with me. Is everything going alright? If you are running into issues, please let me know, I promise I won't get mad as long as you communicate with me!

• Thanks 1

On 12/8/2023 at 12:21 PM, Splain said:

A while back I sent a big ol' box of goodies to a friend in the Netherlands, we had been trading boxes for a long time. Shipping was $60. It got returned because the customs form wasn't specific enough. I had to pay another 60 to try again. So don't just put Gifts as the contents of the box lol. It can be categorized as a gift but the itemized list has to be more specific.

Yeah to mail out of Taiwan has become a pain in the ass, they want you to list every item, weigh it, etc. 

Then if they feel you measured the box wrong, they'll redo it themselves wasting even more time.

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted
17 hours ago, Secret Santa said:

Hey everyone, tomorrow (the 9th) is the deadline to ship!!!

Some have communicated to me already about shipping late, but there are still a handful of folk who have not shipped and have not communicated with me. Is everything going alright? If you are running into issues, please let me know, I promise I won't get mad as long as you communicate with me!

UGH!  Guess I need to stop buying more tasty treats and get to wrapping.  

OH BOY. Just a couple days left. Just as a reminder, be on the lookout for a reveal thread. It's going to go live sometime early Christmas morning. No peeking beforehand!

As part of the reveal thread, I will be doing a guess the santa game. Anyone who participated in secret santa (except for the handful of people who already know who I am) can play. Santa could have been ANYONE. I haven't decided what the prize will be yet but I'll figure it out before the reveal thread.

Edited by Secret Santa
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Not gonna lie, I had a moment of weakness and opened up the shipping box early. My secret santa was one step ahead though and wrapped what they sent me which I as far as I am concerned is a legal binding contract for opening on christmas day.

20231224_170454.jpg.01e1adb21826242d434aa0f4a9402815.jpg

Edited by SNESNESCUBE64
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, SNESNESCUBE64 said:

Not gonna lie, I had a moment of weakness and opened up the shipping box early. My secret santa was one step ahead though and wrapped what they sent me which I as far as I am concerned is a legal binding contract for opening on christmas day.

Man your secret Santa must be a total genius 😏

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
2 hours ago, SNESNESCUBE64 said:

Just a reminder to everyone, make sure not to post your reveals in this thread - we'll make a new one tomorrow!

• Love 1