IGNORED

What movies have you been watching?

acromite53

Editorials Team · Posted
21 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

I've been gradually stocking up my media server, and recently picked up the universal classic monsters collection on sale -- watched Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, and Dracula with the kids (almost-4 and almost-7) yesterday.

They both got a kick out of it.

Want to purchase cheap digital copies of Dredd, most of the Mission Impossible a, and several others? 😄

Watched Bride of Frankenstein last night and Frankenstein a few days prior.  Last year for Spooktober I watched a ton of silent movies and even went to a live score showing of Nosferatu (1922).  Can't believe it's already almost Halloween. I need to catch up on more films this year, haha.

*Edit* random aside/off-topic. Took me awhile to realize why I had a quote from Bill & Ted just appear under my username... 69th post.  🥁  Good one @Gloves  😄

Edited by nesmaster14
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1

Administrator · Posted
14 minutes ago, nesmaster14 said:

Watched Bride of Frankenstein last night and Frankenstein a few days prior.  Last year for Spooktober I watched a ton of silent movies and even went to a live score showing of Nosferatu (1922).  Can't believe it's already almost Halloween. I need to catch up on more films this year, haha.

*Edit* random aside/off-topic. Took me awhile to realize why I had a quote from Bill & Ted just appear under my username... 69th post.  🥁  Good one @Gloves  😄

Now just never post again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watched Re-Animator (1985) for the first time last night. I had a blast! I love Herbert West's creepy intensity and devotion to his experiments by any means. Talk about a roommate from hell. Great practical effects throughout. That ending fight in the morgue was insane. All in all, it was a ton of fun!

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
45 minutes ago, acromite53 said:

Watched Re-Animator (1985) for the first time last night. I had a blast! I love Herbert West's creepy intensity and devotion to his experiments by any means. Talk about a roommate from hell. Great practical effects throughout. That ending fight in the morgue was insane. All in all, it was a ton of fun!

Check out From Beyond

18 hours ago, avatar! said:

This makes The Ring and Ringu and most horror movies look like unimaginative high school writing (which they probably are 🙂

71F7srZF1uL._SL1500_.jpg

This is another Japanese horror film that shouldn't be overlooked:

Visually sumptuous it is not a fast moving film - but well worth savoring if you can get into it.

Also not movies, but in the last few months I picked up complete series of The Sopranos and The Wire since I had never seen them.  

Both are really good.   I have rewatched several Sopranos episodes, whereas The Wire doesn't seem to have as much rewatch value to it.

Thinking of Sons of Anarchy next, but I'll be starting a new job soon that won't have me working from home as much.