fcgamer

Lock him up! Lock him up!  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should we lock this thread?

• Yes
    • No

Graphics Team · Posted
3 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Regarding roach pics, alright, but is this some sort of situation regarding all insects? Taiwan is known for butterflies, would it be better to post pictures of them (I did see a grandma here swatting at butterflies one afternoon though). How about shrimp, they're the cockroach of the sea. Of even cats, my aunt is terrified of cats and hates the damned things. 

I'm just looking for guidance as I don't want to offend people in the future. Self reflection and improvement is very important to me.

My apologies if you were being facetious here, but there's a good rule-of-thumb for this:
If you're genuinely concerned about not offending anyone and you aren't sure whether your post is or isn't offensive, just don't post it. It's like the old mantra, "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all".

Obviously people can still get offended by innocuous stuff, and there's no way of reasonably preventing that, but if you're about to hit "Post" and you think for a moment, "this might be offensive", then just don't post it. Easy as that.

[T-Pac]

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Here's a good rule of thumb:  stop being such a pain-in-the-ass for the mods.

Oh, like the times people reference me in paragraphs like "Let's not turn this into an fcgamer thread" or something? Yeah, you even made a snarky remark last night or the night prior regarding cheating and Taiwan, which was obviously aimed at me. Sorry bud, we are living in 2023. I wish we were in the 90s and people didn't cheat and everyone lived happily ever after and what not, but guess what? We're in 2023, I look at the reality of the situation in today's society. You disagree and your marriage is perfect? Okay that's great, but you should double and triple check with your wife, and then make sure you don't get complacent as well.

Having different perspectives or thinking outside of the majority / group - there is nothing wrong with that - in fact, you should embrace the fact that we're not just all sniffing your farts and bottling them up as some sort of holy truth, will save you the embarrassment later on.

Now for another good rule of thumb: If you prefer SNES to NES or Famicom, just don't post anything as your opinion is wrong by default. 😉 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

What did @docile tapeworm do this time? 🤣

Look if I go missing forever…. It will be because of this post. The 5 warning points scared me straight. 
it was blurry and damp. A strange smell. As I woke up I could only make out silhouettes. I swear my hands were tied behind my back. I do t think they knew I was somewhat conscious. I heard shouting. I believe @Gloves @captmorgandrinker @spacepup were in a circle while @guillavoie waved frantically while saying something important. I lost consciousness. When I woke up I was met by “the council” that’s all they said as they hid there identities with robes and masquerade…..masks…you know the ones with long noses and kinda like birds…anyway it was all very serious…..then Miyamoto appeared. He whispered in my ear sweet nothings. I heard guil say “I told you”…. That was it. 

i know guil saved my life that day. I owe him all the respect in the world. I’ll never do anything that would disrespect him.

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 6

24 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

in fact, you should embrace the fact that we're not just all sniffing your farts and bottling them up as some sort of holy truth, will save you the embarrassment later on.

Now for another good rule of thumb: If you prefer SNES to NES or Famicom, just don't post anything as your opinion is wrong by default. 😉 

I sniff my own farts….

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Link said:

A seller was a noob. We don't need to call for blood over it. Threads can be locked if one tone deaf person wants to turn things into a headache and loudly shrug their shoulders and press on about it when addressed.

Hey I wasn’t the only one calling for newb blood!

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, docile tapeworm said:

Hey I wasn’t the only one calling for newb blood!

but the point was, it was a noob, who was prolly only here to sell an avs, and prolly won't be doing much else.  One way to encourage people is to say hey, you should have posted how you wanted to do it vs. saying "this person screwed up, why did you do this, i want your head on a pike"

Not really a good way to keep people around imo, hence the dead horse gif i posted which brought about a whole other set of people weighing in on it, it needed to be locked as it was pointless at the time..........

Cheers to the staff for knowing when to lock, had i been a mod i would have locked it instead of posting the gif.  It was pretty much pointless at that time to continue the conversation.

• Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted
33 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

Oh, like the times people reference me in paragraphs like "Let's not turn this into an fcgamer thread" or something? Yeah, you even made a snarky remark last night or the night prior regarding cheating and Taiwan, which was obviously aimed at me. Sorry bud, we are living in 2023. I wish we were in the 90s and people didn't cheat and everyone lived happily ever after and what not, but guess what? We're in 2023, I look at the reality of the situation in today's society. You disagree and your marriage is perfect? Okay that's great, but you should double and triple check with your wife, and then make sure you don't get complacent as well.

Having different perspectives or thinking outside of the majority / group - there is nothing wrong with that - in fact, you should embrace the fact that we're not just all sniffing your farts and bottling them up as some sort of holy truth, will save you the embarrassment later on.

That's fine.  Don't heed my advice.  Frankly I'll be glad when they finally tire of your shit.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

46 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Look if I go missing forever…. It will be because of this post. The 5 warning points scared me straight. 
it was blurry and damp. A strange smell. As I woke up I could only make out silhouettes. I swear my hands were tied behind my back. I do t think they knew I was somewhat conscious. I heard shouting. I believe @Gloves @captmorgandrinker @spacepup were in a circle while @guillavoie waved frantically while saying something important. I lost consciousness. When I woke up I was met by “the council” that’s all they said as they hid there identities with robes and masquerade…..masks…you know the ones with long noses and kinda like birds…anyway it was all very serious…..then Miyamoto appeared. He whispered in my ear sweet nothings. I heard guil say “I told you”…. That was it. 

i know guil saved my life that day. I owe him all the respect in the world. I’ll never do anything that would disrespect him.

You got 5 warning points? Did they suspend your driver's license with that many? 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

One way to encourage people is to say hey, you should have posted how you wanted to do it vs. saying "this person screwed up, why did you do this, i want your head on a pike"

Sometimes it takes a good public beheading/crucifixion to scare everyone straight. I think that's how they got skinny to behave.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

In all honesty. I sincerely appreciate all of you who sat me down like a kindergartner and said “hey man cut that shit out not everybody thinks it’s funny”. 

It made me better. Taught me to hold my tongue a little better. To respect others feelings a little more. Not be so selfish. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5

1 minute ago, docile tapeworm said:

In all honesty. I sincerely appreciate all of you who sat me down like a kindergartner and said “hey man cut that shit out not everybody thinks it’s funny”. 

It made me better. Taught me to hold my tongue a little better. To respect others feelings a little more. Not be so selfish. 

If it makes you feel any better I still think you're funny. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

That's fine.  Don't heed my advice.  Frankly I'll be glad when they finally tire of your shit.

For a man with so many kids, I honestly feel bad for your wife, as it looks like a kids +1 situation to me.

The comment you made in the other to thread wasn't necessary, neither was my response about SNES but you instigated the situation, which was childish.

24 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

but the point was, it was a noob, who was prolly only here to sell an avs, and prolly won't be doing much else.  One way to encourage people is to say hey, you should have posted how you wanted to do it vs. saying "this person screwed up, why did you do this, i want your head on a pike"

Not really a good way to keep people around imo, hence the dead horse gif i posted which brought about a whole other set of people weighing in on it, it needed to be locked as it was pointless at the time..........

Cheers to the staff for knowing when to lock, had i been a mod i would have locked it instead of posting the gif.  It was pretty much pointless at that time to continue the conversation.

I agree that dude was here to sell his avs. Regardless if we called him out or not he wasn’t going to be active here. Soooo noobs get a pass, don’t say anything in hopes they will stick around? I joke but I only was curious if that was ok with the majority how that went down and perhaps some answers from the op.

• Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

For a man with so many kids, I honestly feel bad for your wife, as it looks like a kids +1 situation to me.

The comment you made in the other to thread wasn't necessary, neither was my response about SNES but you instigated the situation, which was childish.

Stick to your lane.  Let the people with wives and kids talk about wives and kids.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1