IGNORED

Life Is Precious, Rest in Peace Mr Roach

fcgamer

So to set the scene, I'm standing outside of a convenience store at the moment, drinking a bit of ume plum alcohol. I saw a large (about two inches) cockroach walking across the alleyway, and I immediately started thinking about getting out of the way, I mean I don't want a cockroach getting up close and personal with me.

Then, a scooter comes flying down the alley, strikes the roach that ends up flipping it upside down. It's still wiggling a bit until a Taiwanese guy with large nasty-ass feet steps on it as he walks down the alley from the opposite direction. At this point any hope is lost and the poor guy is likely a goner.

Just remember folks, life is precious. That poor roach certainly had no idea it would be hit by a scooter just whilst crossing the road, and given its size, it likely survived quite a bit.

RIP Mr Roach 😢

IMG20230813200335.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/13/2023 at 7:40 AM, fcgamer said:

I genuinely felt bad for the poor guy. I'll kill roaches in the apartment if I see them, but I don't like to do so. Outside though, it's a completely different thing, he was where he should be, just doing cockroach things and .... Bam!

don’t lie to yourself. A roach is always “just doing cockroach things” just because it’s doing it inside your habitat you built on top of its ancestors doesn’t make it any different than if it was outside. Roaches don’t consciously act out of spite, doing there things in your habitat saying “fuck this human I’m living here bitch”.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

don’t lie to yourself. A roach is always “just doing cockroach things” just because it’s doing it inside your habitat you built on top of its ancestors doesn’t make it any different than if it was outside. Roaches don’t consciously act out of spite, doing there things in your habitat saying “fuck this human I’m living here bitch”.

I totally agree with this. I generally don't go out of my way to go after roaches, unless they're a couple inches long (and I rarely ever see roaches of that size in my apartment). I've got a cat, and I just let him do cat things 😉

But yeah although I don't want an infestation and don't want the bastards in my place, I don't like killing roaches or insects or whatever, feels wrong and they don't deserve such treatment.

• Like 1

Okay, while we're on this subject I gotta ask, why did Theo's BFF on The Cosby Show call himself of all things "Cockroach"? (not to mention the super creepy looking "Weasel" from Family Matters).

And I wonder how many times her parents lied awake at night thinking, "When I told our little girl she should take up a hobby I meant something like stamp collecting!!!" 😮 

Edited by Estil
  • Wow! 1

Administrator · Posted
11 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Man, that's some disgusting shit.  I have never seen a cockroach before in my entire life!  How do you people live?!?

If you have factories anywhere near you, they're at least there.

We have some so big at work you can put a saddle on them.

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Man, that's some disgusting shit.  I have never seen a cockroach before in my entire life!  How do you people live?!?

In Florida there is a type of roach that is commonly found in forests called a Palmetto Bug. They get big and can fly and can shoot out a bad smelling spray. Since they are commonly found outdoors I don't view them to be as much of a pest as some other types of roaches, but I definitely don't like them in my home. Florida's got all sorts of weird stuff living in it though

13 hours ago, fcgamer said:

Canada, fortunately.

Fixed that for you... 😉

Actually, it's probably the -35 winter temperatures that keep the roaches out of my area.  It's also the reason we don't have termites up here and a whole bunch of other creepy-crawlies that the rest of the world has to deal with - if you can't handle the cold, gtfo of Canada 😛

Edited by Dr. Morbis