IGNORED

2023 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Punch Out!

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!

Put on your gloves, prepare by running behind a bicycle while wearing a pink hoodie in New York and enter the RING!
Prove you are the strongest Little Mac out there. Dance like a fly, bite like a mosquito!

Here are the rules for this week of extreme boxing:

• Play Another Circuit Mode (enter the code 135 792 4680, hold select and press A+B)
  • Take a picture of the timer of each fight you won
  • If you win a fight by points, your time for that fight will be 9:00.0
  • If you lose a fight, take your picture before the fight transitions into the game over screen. Your time for that fight and for each fighter you failed to fight due to that loss will be 10:00.0
  • You must beat King Hippo, Great Tiger and Piston Honda for your score to be valid.
  • The fights are King Hippo, Great Tiger, Piston Honda, Soda Popinsky, Bald Bull (rematch), Don Flamenco (rematch), Mr. Sandman, Super Macho Man, Mike Tyson / Mr. Dream 
  • Lowest total time to beat all 9 fighters wins
  • There is no tie break.
  • Genre: Sports

The contest ends Sunday, 07/23/23 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

18 minutes ago, Murray said:

I like how Skinny disagrees 

354B6D3A-2F51-4F73-97DC-9A424D043D09.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

That motherfucker!😂

Lol. Me and my old roommate “a” (I’ve told a story of finding him wasted in the mangroves) we used to go shot for shot blunt for blunt and see who could still beat Tyson lol. I mean after a fifth and a few blunts we might not be able to stand but could still put down Tyson lol

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Lol. Me and my old roommate “a” (I’ve told a story of finding him wasted in the mangroves) we used to go shot for shot blunt for blunt and see who could still beat Tyson lol. I mean after a fifth and a few blunts we might not be able to stand but could still put down Tyson lol

Fuuuuuuuck! Just a couple hits on a small pipe of this new weed and I can’t even beat glass Joe. 
maybe I’ll try an edible instead. 

• Wow! 1
  • Haha 2

Events Team · Posted
5 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Do we take the Tyson picture after the fight too since it gives the round and full time at the bottom of the ending screen when you play on the Another World Circuit mode?

Yes, yes you do.