IGNORED

Super Tilt Bro. Kickstarter Tournament! (Signups closed)

Jeevan

Events Helper · Posted

Tournament Dates:  May 12 - 14  2023

image.jpeg.74e6ad8df81ac50087c01379a00da618.jpeg

Hey Sages,

It's been a bit since ole' Jeevy hosted anything for VGS, but here we are!  @RogerBidon and @Broke Studio are Kickstarting the game. 

Link here:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brokestudio/super-tilt-bro-new-online-nes-game

What is this and why should I care?

What this is:  We at VGS care about the community, and sometimes that means giving back and collaborating with developers.  By that we mean, we care about growing our community and supporting others!  We are looking to get the word out about this game as it shows some very nice potential to be the next Smash bros.......ok maybe not, but its cool that you can play a nes fighter online right?  Why not help Kickstart this fine game!

Why you should care:  Prizes of course!  

Prizes to be offered:

We are gonna do a breakdown for the top 3 this time!  So Git Gud and come kick some azz!  

1st place:  $50 and a sage plushie

2nd place:  $30 and a sage plushie

3rd place:  $20 and a sage plushie

Sage plushie

1680006024692.jpg

Rules:

You MUST join the STB discord on the following link:  https://discord.gg/qkxHkfx

You MUST be a member of VGS to participate!  Signups will be going from time of posting until Wednesday May 10, 2023 at 11:59PM VGS time!

This will be a bracket tournament with random seeding!  We do not have the means to seed everyone properly so rng be your friend!  

To signup you must reply in this thread.  When we have all the participants signed up, we will get the brackets setup.  

After signups are done, you will get assinged a match and will need to pm me available times that you are willing to be around to participate!  This is worldwide, so we are trying to accomodate as best as possible.

So with that, get to practicing scrubs!  Download here:  https://sgadrat.itch.io/super-tilt-bro
There is also a way to join the STB discord on the link above!

Edited by Jeevan
  • Like 1

Events Helper · Posted

Challengers:

1.  Braven
2.  kzroszee (jade)
3.  Geoguy1900 (knuckers)
4.  urangutanLP
5.  Fei
6.  Frogoo
7.  Gobolz
8.  RegularGuyGamer
9.  Mx.Headroom (Bug)
10.  AVGN Gamer
11.  Adrian
12.  fngerg
13.  TheGreatBlackCat
14.  Le poussin
15.  erockbrox

Edited by Jeevan

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

Gross, they added anextra 150 to the collector tier. I really hate that, like it makes it less limited and kind of defeats the purpose 

We got MANY people that was too late for the collector (because of the working time around the world... hard to be fair for everyone).
The collectors versions are not supposed to be "early bird" versions... so we add 150 copies, but it will be the last chance for latecomers. They will remain collectors because Kickstarter exclusive, numbered, and even during the campaign, we will not give more. After these 300 copies, it will be over ! (and we hope to have way more than 300 backers...)

Edited by Fei

Administrator · Posted
On 4/25/2023 at 9:17 AM, a3quit4s said:

Gross, they added anextra 150 to the collector tier. I really hate that, like it makes it less limited and kind of defeats the purpose 

I actually think it's cool they did that.  They are still quite limited if people care about that.  Plus, if someone is unhappy with the total number right now or feels they were misled in any way, they can always cancel. 

I'm just glad more people will have the ability to own that particular version. 

7 minutes ago, spacepup said:

I actually think it's cool they did that.  They are still quite limited if people care about that.  Plus, if someone is unhappy with the total number right now or feels they were misled in any way, they can always cancel. 

I'm just glad more people will have the ability to own that particular version. 

I was only half being serious, the game is awesome anyways. Even @RogerBidon PMed me. There wasn’t much to bitch about yesterday so I had to invent something. 

Your positivity is gross lmao