IGNORED

Water Cooler!

a3quit4s

48 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

The guy posting the batshit crazy asks for those repro WC carts isn't the tractor/immediate-Starkeeper-flipper guy, is it?

Nah different guy. I dealt with StarKeeper guy a bunch on other deals. Got 2008/2009 Xmas from him as well and he was down to earth on pricing. He actually just did 1 cent auctions on his other stuff I didn’t buy as well which is the way to go if you actually want to sell stuff, instead of asking $18,000 off the bat haha

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

I wonder what a fair price would be for Starkeeper? It seems to be in popular demand; at $40 a piece, how many copies could be sold in a six month exclusivity time span before letting the savior go nuts with it? Whatever number that would be, plus a bit on the top for good measure, would be the going rate by now I guess. 

Edited by fcgamer

Events Helper · Posted
On 2/19/2023 at 2:03 PM, Vaosu said:

Did they still have the Game Boy that survived the Gulf War on display? Imo, that was one of the highlights of the store last time I went.

Just watched a youtube vid. the other day, 2 month old vid.....

The gameboy is not there.  It was returned to headquarters.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Maybe it finally died or just needed servicing.  The unit had been on active display there for a long time with Tetris on a loop.

I feel like I remember seeing it years before. I mean the last time I was at NYC Nintendo was before I even joined NintendoAge and was a normal person not slinging thousands of dollars on games. What the hell even is a Stadium Events 

54 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Ok so is it just me or near the end of the video when he cleans the SMB/DH board - it’s a totally fake board on the game he got from DKoldies?

It's you.  Nintendo did release some copies of SMB/DH with epoxy blobs versus chips, although they're not as plentiful.  No harm in not knowing, as it's not extremely commonly known in the community.  I'm aware of this discussion happening at least once, if not twice before on here.  That stuff he bought was definitely not "refurbished" in any way, shape, or form, perhaps beyond them slapping a replacement lid on the NES, as they clearly didn't clean any of it.

• Thanks 1

I’ll let you know when I make it there. Had to take breaks in between taking them all down from the shelf and arranging by letter; now putting them back in alphabetical order. I’m on F. Went to the gym this morning too so trying to take it easy on my back lol

For reference the way I do this is to take every game off the shelf and organize it by its starting letter on the floor, then once the shelf is empty go back and start with A, actually alphabetize the As then place them back on the shelf and move on. 

Edited by a3quit4s

Just now, MrWunderful said:

Are you/ have you cleaned and tested them all?

Oh god no. Most of the time when, I’m doing full sets, games go right from the mailbox to the shelf. There are instances when I need to play them or they are higher value so I need to pop them open to verify the boards. 99% of the time when I have them open I clean the board pins with IPA to shine them up without being harsh. I keep reminding myself to put IPA in the game room with some qtips to have it handy in case I want to play something and it doesn’t work but I keep forgetting. 

The SUP count should be 64, I forgot I have the Super Bomberman Party thing so the cart is in the box on the upper shelf. 

18 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Oh god no. Most of the time when, I’m doing full sets, games go right from the mailbox to the shelf. There are instances when I need to play them or they are higher value so I need to pop them open to verify the boards. 99% of the time when I have them open I clean the board pins with IPA to shine them up without being harsh. I keep reminding myself to put IPA in the game room with some qtips to have it handy in case I want to play something and it doesn’t work but I keep forgetting. 

The SUP count should be 64, I forgot I have the Super Bomberman Party thing so the cart is in the box on the upper shelf. 

I feel that big time, I had a storage until too which I was able to throw tons of crap into. 

That was me 100% up until 2 ish years ago when I focused the collection and organized, sold off all extra stuff and started cleaning and testing. 

30 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

I feel that big time, I had a storage until too which I was able to throw tons of crap into. 

That was me 100% up until 2 ish years ago when I focused the collection and organized, sold off all extra stuff and started cleaning and testing. 

That’s me now. I’m done with full sets and just buying what I want not because I feel like I have too

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Is this a good deal or nah?

E78DCAFB-5728-472A-8E83-44449615E369.thumb.jpeg.ebafb8181029199d01d8508c23dd5b26.jpeg

like if yes

disagree if no

I agree it’s a good price, one sold like 2 days ago for $178 and that was at auction. That one you’ve listed already appears to be sold as well so hopefully you grabbed it. It’s good to see game prices coming down or maybe it’s just Sega. My old trick of 1x loose price, 2x box/manual and cart, and 3x CIB pricing may start making sense again lmao

Edited by a3quit4s

31 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Things I'm excited for in no particular order:

1. Mario Bros Movie

2. Tears of the Kingdom

3. New Ninja Turtles Movie

4. Finishing my Sega Genesis set this year

I think I’d put TMNT above Mario Bros movie and TotK at number 1. That TMNT trailer looked hilarious 

edit: sorry you said no particular order so maybe our list is the same save for number 4. No more full sets for me!!

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I agree it’s a good price, one sold like 2 days ago for $178 and that was at auction. That one you’ve listed already appears to be sold as well so hopefully you grabbed it. It’s good to see game prices coming down or maybe it’s just Sega. My old trick of 1x loose price, 2x box/manual and cart, and 3x CIB pricing may start making sense again lmao

Yeah thats the price I paid. Waited until it was in mail. Usually I want it a little more mint, but should have no problem getting the sticker off. Im alright with a manny having some wear as long as its complete. 

• Like 2