IGNORED

Water Cooler!

a3quit4s

2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

What do you still need for the set? I thought yours was complete. 

For Sega Genesis, sadly no. There's nothing left I need that isn't already expensive or rare so I don't mind sharing. El Viento is on the way from the 'Bay, so all that's left is:

1. Bible Adventures (I could get a loose cart but all of my other Genesis are CIB or CB so I don't really want to.

2. Grind Stormer

3. Splatterhouse 2

4. Splatterhouse 3

And then there is Outback Joey but I have no intention of including that in my set so I'll feel "complete" after I get these remaining 4. Good opportunity to say if ANYONE has a lead on a CIB Bible Adventures for Genesis or has one they'd sell, please let me know. It's the only one I couldn't just actively buy right now if I wanted to.

Also, if you count 32X, I need 11 more of those. But that's no big deal. Also as far as Sega in general goes I only need 20 more Saturn games (every one is pricey) and 62 more Dreamcast games. Well and 92 Sega CD but it's my lowest priority as far as Sega.

• Like 2

@CodysGameRoom oddly enough the game store by me had a splatterhouse 2 CIB, I think it may have sold recently but their pricing is always in line with eBay anyways. I’ll remember to peek next time I go. I think they had a grind stormer as well but I think it was missing the manual?

Edited by a3quit4s

3 hours ago, CodysGameRoom said:

For Sega Genesis, sadly no. There's nothing left I need that isn't already expensive or rare so I don't mind sharing. El Viento is on the way from the 'Bay, so all that's left is:

1. Bible Adventures (I could get a loose cart but all of my other Genesis are CIB or CB so I don't really want to.

2. Grind Stormer

3. Splatterhouse 2

4. Splatterhouse 3

And then there is Outback Joey but I have no intention of including that in my set so I'll feel "complete" after I get these remaining 4. Good opportunity to say if ANYONE has a lead on a CIB Bible Adventures for Genesis or has one they'd sell, please let me know. It's the only one I couldn't just actively buy right now if I wanted to.

Also, if you count 32X, I need 11 more of those. But that's no big deal. Also as far as Sega in general goes I only need 20 more Saturn games (every one is pricey) and 62 more Dreamcast games. Well and 92 Sega CD but it's my lowest priority as far as Sega.

Grind stormer was tough, so was splatterhouse 2 for me. Still need 3.  Ill keep my eyes open for you, and If I run into any of those for a decent price ill grab it, you can decide if you want. I dont mind having rare doubles

• Like 1

Ok so like obv a lot of retro gaming related stuff comes up in my YouTube feed but what is with the deal with everyone shitting on DKoldies? Like we get it man stop trying to farm free internet points. None of us are their target audience and I certainly don’t give a rats ass if grandma Tilly bought a n64 that says refurbished and no one took the motherboard out and washed it with IPA and gave it a back massage. If you are smart enough to buy something online you are certainly smart enough to do comparative shopping and realize you are getting f’d in the a. No one thinks your a hero because you are the 9,000,000th person to call them out. 

ffs

Edited by a3quit4s

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else underwhelmed by what they have seen from Tears of the Kingdom? I guess I was hoping for an all new game given it’s been what 6 years since the last game? Instead we’ve got some kind of Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask thing going on. I guess it makes sense to reuse assets from the first game because they are running on the same system but can’t help but feel like it just looks like extended DLC for breath of the wild. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m going to buy and play the shit out of it but I feel like it could have been so much better. Maybe they are just trying to keep a lot under wraps so people by it and it really is a truly different experience?

• Agree 1

Is anyone else playing skate cat on an analogue mini nt noir? I can’t get past the SJ Games splash screen even with 3.6v enabled which usually fixes homebrew games. 

edit: @matthughson I noticed in a Google search you had posted about the Broke Studio PCBs and the mini noir, any helpful insight is appreciated. Nebs and debs works for me but it uses an old nram board. Project Blue and maybe skate cat use the UNROM?

edit2: interesting L’Abbaye Des Morts doesn’t work either and it has an earlier revision of the UNROM512

Edited by a3quit4s

On 3/28/2023 at 9:54 AM, a3quit4s said:

Anyone else underwhelmed by what they have seen from Tears of the Kingdom? I guess I was hoping for an all new game given it’s been what 6 years since the last game? Instead we’ve got some kind of Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask thing going on. I guess it makes sense to reuse assets from the first game because they are running on the same system but can’t help but feel like it just looks like extended DLC for breath of the wild. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m going to buy and play the shit out of it but I feel like it could have been so much better. Maybe they are just trying to keep a lot under wraps so people by it and it really is a truly different experience?

I totally get what you're saying. Zelda II is one of my fav games ever, never mind among the LoZ series which is also in my top tier. But the best games (including Zelda 2) have always run on a new engine. So TotK could be slightly less exciting than its full potential, but I really believe in it as, again, expanding the top notch gameplay of its immediate predecessor, perhaps the first such successin this best ever franchise.  

• Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 10:54 AM, a3quit4s said:

Yes. I feel exactly the same way. BotW is one of my all-time favorite games, but I'm holding off for reviews and maybe even waiting for the launch of a Switch successor. What I've seen so far has not impressed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Yes. I feel exactly the same way. BotW is one of my all-time favorite games, but I'm holding off for reviews and maybe even waiting for the launch of a Switch successor. What I've seen so far has not impressed.

I guess I wasn’t really sure what to expect from a Breath of the Wild successor. Maybe I was just hoping for more, but you know Nintendo they probably aren’t even showing half of what is available in the new game. I’ll be playing it on release regardless of reviews, but will also try to contain my expectations lol

On 4/1/2023 at 6:11 AM, a3quit4s said:

Is anyone else playing skate cat on an analogue mini nt noir? I can’t get past the SJ Games splash screen even with 3.6v enabled which usually fixes homebrew games. 

edit: @matthughson I noticed in a Google search you had posted about the Broke Studio PCBs and the mini noir, any helpful insight is appreciated. Nebs and debs works for me but it uses an old nram board. Project Blue and maybe skate cat use the UNROM?

edit2: interesting L’Abbaye Des Morts doesn’t work either and it has an earlier revision of the UNROM512

I haven't had any issues, but I don't have Skate Cat. I did play Dungeons and Doomknights on it though, and I assume it's using the same board, but maybe not. I would reach out to @Broke Studio. If there are compatibility issues, I bet they will know about it.

20 minutes ago, matthughson said:

I haven't had any issues, but I don't have Skate Cat. I did play Dungeons and Doomknights on it though, and I assume it's using the same board, but maybe not. I would reach out to @Broke Studio. If there are compatibility issues, I bet they will know about it.

I didn’t even know they were a member here! Thanks!

• Like 1

Broke Studio got back to me on the UNROM512 issues. They had me try to downgrade to the 1.1 firmware on NT Mini Noir and that seems to have done the trick. It’s kind of balls that the 1.2 was released like 2 years ago at this point and it doesn’t work but hey maybe they will work on 1.3 if it ever comes out. 

On 4/7/2023 at 1:08 PM, MrWunderful said:

Was there a thread for mail in hint sheets? @acidjaguar I know about your mail order publishers news one, could have sworn you started one here. 

I've only created threads with overall lists of guides, nintendo powers, and newsletters.  The Mail in hint sheets are a little of the NES based books, but there could also be another category of direct letters from the game publishers as I've seen and have a few from when the client wrote in directly for help and they sometimes answered with a hint sheet in return. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, acidjaguar said:

I've only created threads with overall lists of guides, nintendo powers, and newsletters.  The Mail in hint sheets are a little of the NES based books, but there could also be another category of direct letters from the game publishers as I've seen and have a few from when the client wrote in directly for help and they sometimes answered with a hint sheet in return. 

Ok Ill start a new thread I guess, as this is SMS. Cant find much online about it. 

• Love 1

In light of the recent garage collapse in NYC this is  pretty sobering:

https://www.thedrive.com/news/heavy-evs-could-collapse-old-parking-garages-report

Some of the pictures I have seen of the garage from top down show almost all SUVs - not clear yet how many were EVs..

Edited by Tabonga

55 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

In light of the recent garage collapse in NYC this is  pretty sobering:

https://www.thedrive.com/news/heavy-evs-could-collapse-old-parking-garages-report

Some of the pictures I have seen of the garage from top down show almost all SUVs - not clear yet how many were EVs..

I didn’t realize they were that much heavier than normal cars!

7 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I didn’t realize they were that much heavier than normal cars!

This parking structure was almost 100 years old - so it was built in an era when ICEs were generally much lighter than today.   And I bet there are lots more out there that are problematic.

On 4/20/2023 at 6:25 PM, a3quit4s said:

Does anyone know if anywhere is actually doing a midnight release of Tears of the Kingdom? I feel like everywhere used to to them and now no one does. It’s only fitting because the last midnight I did was for Breath of the Wild with the Switch also being released. 

I did find out the two gamestops near me are doing a midnight release. It’s not information you can find online I guess, I had to go in and ask. It must just be up to each store. Pre-ordered it there and will pick it up at midnight whoop whoop