IGNORED

Water Cooler!

a3quit4s

Alright I’m tired of creating topics for random things and the water cooler needs to be resurrected. If this has been done already feel free to delete or catapult me into instant celebrity by pinning it. 

Ran into our boy Link at Nintendo NYC - he would not give me any details on Tears of the Kingdom!

03BCAABE-0E14-44BF-994C-E4E60FFBE979.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Link said:

You didn't have to go all the way over there for me to tell you nothing, I'm right here 🤫 

I still don’t understand how Nintendo is so good at keeping their games secrets. Like all other developers/publishers seem to have leaks but not Nintendo. It’s like they send the Yakuza out or some shit to keep things under wrap lol

I was actually kind of underwhelmed by Nintendo NYC, I feel like the last time I was there they had a lot more stuff. Like the exclusive apparel is cool. I don’t know what I was expecting but it’s Nintendos like flagship and only US retail store, no?

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I still don’t understand how Nintendo is so good at keeping their games secrets. Like all other developers/publishers seem to have leaks but not Nintendo. It’s like they send the Yakuza out or some shit to keep things under wrap lol

I was actually kind of underwhelmed by Nintendo NYC, I feel like the last time I was there they had a lot more stuff. Like the exclusive apparel is cool. I don’t know what I was expecting but it’s Nintendos like flagship and only US retail store, no?

Did they still have the Game Boy that survived the Gulf War on display? Imo, that was one of the highlights of the store last time I went.

8 minutes ago, Vaosu said:

Did they still have the Game Boy that survived the Gulf War on display? Imo, that was one of the highlights of the store last time I went.

Was that in the middle of upstairs? They replaced it with like a display of all handhelds on one side and all consoles on the other. I didn’t see the Middle East game boy in it. There was another like jewelry store display with a buttload of amiboos in it. 

Just now, Tanooki said:

I asked about that on another place online about a month ago, got a picture that was recently taken of it claiming it is still there on the second floor and still demo'ing tetris inside.

It could still be, I was underwhelmed and didn’t really visit all corners of upstairs. It was pretty empty up there towards one side so I didn’t wander over but maybe I just missed it. I did get distracted by the console wall in the middle seeing how many I had lol

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

Hope they keep going up so can unload what I have left. 

That’s the thing, if you sort by sold none of that crazy shit is actually selling or people are just taking best offers. 

@DK I was typing this as you posted lol those two are just nuts haha

• Agree 1

Just yet another non-collaborative push by enough bad players to try and push their investment property to the next level.  I specifically ignore this stuff because of losers like that as it's as depressing and angering as it is just confusing.  It's fluff for fluff sake, hardly collectible as it's just modern goods for a niche within a niche market.

Moderator · Posted

That guy on eBay is ridiculous. And he’s not taking best offers. I offered a high but reasonable offer for an item and he declined saying a different absurd price was the “best he could do”.

I’m all for getting more for the games you want to unload, but this is just greedy.

• Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, fcgamer said:

Speaking of Starkeeper, I've got one up for grabs. Anyone want to protect their investment and purchase mine for a crazy price?

It's one of very few games of its kind that I'd actually love to own, but there's just no way with recent prices I'd offer anything close, unfortunately.

• Like 1