IGNORED

Water Cooler!

a3quit4s

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

I saw an eBay listing for a 5 screw Mega Man for $8,500 I feel like that is just someone fishing for a whale, I’m not even sure the real value would be half of that. 

Agree or disagree?

You know, this does bring up a slightly interesting bit of food for thought.  What is likely to be worth more--one of a kind items or items that only 2-5 are known to exist.

If you have a 1-of-a-kind item that might be desirable, you have to market you have it for sale.  If you just post it on eBay, there's a chance that no one who would be willing to pay big money for it will find it.  Of course, you can throw a big BIN on it, but what I mean is if you put it up for auction so the market could set the price.

However, those really rare items that are likely just as desirable but only 2-5 items exist, well, if 1-2 have made it to market in the past 15 years, then there's latent hype built around it and people probably have saved eBay searches for it.

This game is a good example.  It's a 5-screw, it's Mega Man and it's rare.  I have no clue what it's worth.  It's worth whatever someone would pay because there's just so few.  If it were to go up for auction, let's guess it'd go for, say, $5,000.  But my next question is, if someone found one of these, it was the first and only known copy and they just put it up on eBay for a $1 auction, do you think it'd end at $5,000.  I can't quite say.  FOMO might make the one-of-a-kind more valuable, but then again, I also don't know if it'd get enough attention.

🤔🤔🤔

I don't know.

1 hour ago, Tabonga said:

Return of "The Blob".

I'm well aware that Octopus can do this and, yet, every now and then when I see this, it amazes me.  It's amazing what creature can squeeze through when they lack bones and cartilage. 

17 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

I saw an eBay listing for a 5 screw Mega Man for $8,500 I feel like that is just someone fishing for a whale, I’m not even sure the real value would be half of that. 

Agree or disagree?

It's partially my fault. I put in what I called a "Walk-away" bid, a ridiculous amount that I thought no one would ever reach so I wouldn't have to worry about potentially losing, and someone outbid me on an item like this. I believe I fucked up the market and now people think that's what they're worth where I think it was a one time fluke. I didn't mean for it to happen, but a handful of people saw and are pushing it as the new price point. There's no way for me to correct it, so here we are. I won't be bidding that way again, ever. Lol?

Edited by Ferris Bueller

8 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

It's partially my fault. I put in what I called a "Walk-away" bid, a ridiculous amount that I thought no one would ever reach so I wouldn't have to worry about potentially losing, and someone outbid me on an item like this. I believe I fucked up the market and now people think that's what they're worth where I think it was a one time fluke. I didn't mean for it to happen, but a handful of people saw and are pushing it as the new price point. There's no way for me to correct it, so here we are. I won't be bidding that way again, ever. Lol?

I mean in reality like how many people are even searching for a 5 screw mega man besides a bunch of us nerds? Although I have been scavenging eBay for something like 2 years for a N7 nba basketball so who knows maybe there are more than I think

This dude picked up a Donkey Kong Jr math and doesn’t even realize it’s value as a 3-screw 

The peeling label is suspect though as maybe a re-shell but I doubt it

edit: OMG - so I don’t have any social media but I was able to reach out to this dude via eBay to ask if he knew what he had. He said he didn’t but he sold the game for the going rate of a 5 screw DK math not even a few days ago! @ThePhleo what are the chances this was a legit 3 screw??

ebay sold listing here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/186314414310?itmmeta=01HWBZMT64FK5D93E498JVNEZE&hash=item2b613458e6:g:8fwAAOSwDQVl2m-6&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA8K1bxqq0LWLJ1PJ7Sw7HUxWkCWouO9C2Ko16NL9yU%2FyelzSZ8fXQj9Obnu3NLaXgJBhQD2VDUmcVsToJYZXoQEM7YbiVYIgyXYJpmzONUnGVTLJbGimKtJZGI0EsNjwWh%2Bmr7SWJsRGNhOIoN2NbPj3pncUnWVyQv1LuGUVIcr%2F6xycGVktBKb7WSENqRyqYW4u6fkaUFJGPg3Lr0PZEpDL8RWfG0H5ExQClfu0QqV6cmKqKd%2B%2B%2BUVC2gb%2BPxM1LdFLMIIRx4ETRHAjlJnem4iAK3JHE5O5jbAWJ7vlgIEqWyNIhZSQY%2BwAOIc7GGdbHTg%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR4yj0__iYw

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Wow! 1

@a3quit4s Neat!

Yeah, it seems 100% legit. No backstamp, hand applied label and all.

Everyone that pops up seems to have the same hallmark, and they all seem to be Nintendo refurbs 🙂

(Also, it has decades of wear, giving it a more authentic feel. I have no doubts that it's faked)

Edited by ThePhleo
  • Like 1

On 4/26/2024 at 7:19 AM, a3quit4s said:

This dude picked up a Donkey Kong Jr math and doesn’t even realize it’s value as a 3-screw 

The peeling label is suspect though as maybe a re-shell but I doubt it

edit: OMG - so I don’t have any social media but I was able to reach out to this dude via eBay to ask if he knew what he had. He said he didn’t but he sold the game for the going rate of a 5 screw DK math not even a few days ago! @ThePhleo what are the chances this was a legit 3 screw??

ebay sold listing here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/186314414310?itmmeta=01HWBZMT64FK5D93E498JVNEZE&hash=item2b613458e6:g:8fwAAOSwDQVl2m-6&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA8K1bxqq0LWLJ1PJ7Sw7HUxWkCWouO9C2Ko16NL9yU%2FyelzSZ8fXQj9Obnu3NLaXgJBhQD2VDUmcVsToJYZXoQEM7YbiVYIgyXYJpmzONUnGVTLJbGimKtJZGI0EsNjwWh%2Bmr7SWJsRGNhOIoN2NbPj3pncUnWVyQv1LuGUVIcr%2F6xycGVktBKb7WSENqRyqYW4u6fkaUFJGPg3Lr0PZEpDL8RWfG0H5ExQClfu0QqV6cmKqKd%2B%2B%2BUVC2gb%2BPxM1LdFLMIIRx4ETRHAjlJnem4iAK3JHE5O5jbAWJ7vlgIEqWyNIhZSQY%2BwAOIc7GGdbHTg%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR4yj0__iYw

Man those hand / knuckle tattoos. 

• Sad 1