IGNORED

WINNERS REVEALED!!! GOLDEN GANONS 2023 FINAL POLLS - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

OptOut

GOLDEN GANON 2023 FINALS  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Best VGS Community Contest, Game, Challenge and/or Competition

• 8-Bit Xmas competition
    • The NES Weekly Contest
    • 31-Day Videogame Music challenge
    • Yearly Backlog Challenge
    • VGS Werewolf
    • VGS BINGO!
  2. 2. Best Individual Artistic contribution to the site (Video/Audio/Visual etc.)

• @CasualCart - Many contributions
    • @JamesRobot - Videomation skillz / pumpkin carvings
    • @DefaultGen - Werewolf videos
    • @OptOut - MS paint
  3. 3. VGS's Best Friend Award - The Most Friendly, Helpful and/or Generous Buddy on VGS!

• @Jeevan
    • @ZeldaFreak
    • @JVOSS
    • @Hybrid
    • @ReedRothchild
    • @spacepup
  4. 4. The Great gaming DEBATE! - The best, most memorable and/or most controversial game debate topic!

• SMB3 v. SMW - https://www.videogamesage.com/forums/topic/10752-smw-is-not-great-if-you-compare-it-to-smb3/
    • NES Rare Variants - https://www.videogamesage.com/forums/topic/1218-vgs-rare-varianterror-thread-nintendo-edition/
    • Decouple NES from Famicom - https://www.videogamesage.com/forums/topic/11742-decoupling-the-nes-from-the-famicom/
  5. 5. VGS' Gaming GOD award - The most impressive gaming achievement by a VGS'er (single game achievement and/or cumulative impressive performances).

• @ZeldaFreak - VGS Survivor challenges
    • @Floating Platforms - Hyper Lode Runner
    • @ReedRothchild - SNES Rankings
    • @Philosoraptor - Over 200 Backlog beats
    • @PII - Q*bert's Qubes
    • @Crabmaster2000 - Beating the NES library
  6. 6. VGS' HOTTEST take award - Which gaming related opinion is VGS' hottest take of the year? The more CONTROVERSIAL the opinion, the better!!!

• @docile tapeworm - Super Mario Bros. 2 is a fake Mario game!
    • @the_wizard_666 - NES has worst First-party line up of any Nintendo system.
    • @fcgamer - The Super Nintendo SUCKS.
  7. 7. VGS' Green-eyed Award; Pick-up of the year - Which single game, unique item or job-lot score by a VGS member made you GREEN with envy?

• @MiamiSlice - Year round pick-ups
    • @OptOut - Mega Drive shooters
    • @DefaultGen - Potential SMB prototype find
    • @Renmauzo - Cool pick-ups
    • @Galdius - Cool pick-ups
  8. 8. VGS' Ultimate Collection - Which member here has shown off VGS' best collection?

• @goldenpp7
    • @CodysGameRoom
    • @VideoGameGalaxy
    • @Nintegageo
    • @Ulrizza
    • @fcgamer
    • @JVOSS
  9. 9. VGS' Collectors' Collector Award - Which collector of VGS do you admire most?

• @spacepup
    • @Dr. Morbis
    • @drxandy
    • @ThePhleo
    • @Gloves
    • @fcgamer
    • @CasualCart
  10. 10. VGS' Class Clown award! Which VGS member tickled you just right, and made you ROFLcopter till you could ROFLcopter no more?

• @Murray
    • @DefaultGen
    • @OptOut
    • @JamesRobot
    • @FenrirZero
  11. 11. Public enemy No. 1 award! Just for FUN, which VGS member do you love to hate, or somehow always find yourself on opposite sides of the discursive battlefield?

• @Tanooki
    • @fcgamer
    • @peg
    • @Code Monkey
  12. 12. VGS' THREAD OF THE YEAR! Here it is folks, what you've all been waiting for! Your favourite thread on VGS, for ANY reason!

• Chili v. Potato - https://www.videogamesage.com/forums/topic/6382-what-is-this/
    • SMB3 v. SMW - https://www.videogamesage.com/forums/topic/10752-smw-is-not-great-if-you-compare-it-to-smb3/
    • HA MEGATHREAD - https://www.videogamesage.com/forums/topic/887-heritage-auctions-thread/

This poll is closed to new votes

Events Helper · Posted
4 minutes ago, OptOut said:

WELL DONE to all our wonderful award winners, as we conclude our awards season for this year! Feel free to post your acceptance speeches, congratulations, and/or bitter rebukes below! And here's to all of you, our entire community, everyone who makes VGS the most awesome place to be!!! 😍😍😍

shit, i didn't see this.............

I love everyone who nominated me, but I don't feel i deserve it!  I do appreciate each and every one of you, but feel tht I have let you down in the same breath!  I appreciate being recognized as a person who is your best friend, and love that you all thought of me!  Thanks so much, it means more than you will ever know!  Like legit, i don't want to be recognized for giving away games, but want to make it so that folks can have games that they want and not feel like they have to be burdened by the $$$$ aspect of it.  So my idea of giving away a game to a sage was just something I wanted to do whilst I was getting some OT and able to do so.  I didn't want anyone to tell that i was doing it and I don't think that anyone but @G-type mentioned it. 

I love everyone on VGS and just want to let you know that you all have kept me sane through some dark times in my life.  

Thanks for the nominatoins, and the "win" but i feel that we should all embnrace the feelings of, let's help each other out if we can!  That is what collecting and VGS is all about.  

Acceptance speech over, now give me my charm/bauble 😆

• Like 1
  • Love 5

5 hours ago, Jeevan said:

Who told you I give away games?  Was it @phart010, @Gloves, @G-type or @spacepup lol.  I was planning on doing more, but he pandemic hit and I wanted to be able to make sure I was able to take care of my own before vgs unfortunately!  either way, i love vgs and will be giving away more games in the future if $$$$ permits me to do so!

Not me. But now that the genie left the bottle, let me state how honored I am to have been chosen among the ranks of @Gloves, @G-type, and @spacepup

You have identified some real champions and I feel humbled 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, OptOut said:

11. Public enemy No. 1 award! Just for FUN, which VGS member do you love to hate, or somehow always find yourself on opposite sides of the discursive battlefield?

Winner: @fcgamer

Hoo hoo hoo boy! In what turned out to be a surprisingly hotly contested category, I think we found the bad boy VGS... deserves??? Yeah we'll go with that, well done @fcgamer, if that IS your real name! 😲

Nice! 

Back on NA I always admired the Nolan brothers; they always had their hands in one thing or another, when it came to drama, but they were no-nonsense and generally just told things how they saw it. I miss people like that. I'm not saying that people go around and act like a dick for the sake of doing so, but sometimes the pot does need to be stirred, and similarly, sometimes someone needs to point out the literal elephant that's standing in the room.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again here: I reckon folks would be quite surprised if we met up in person. At the end of the day, I see this collecting as just "trivial things" to occupy my time at the moment. If any of you VGS'ers make it to Taiwan, hit me up, I'll gladly take off work and show you around, and also go for a few beers. 

#SachenKicksAss
#UnlicensedCartsMatter
#SayUnauthorisedGamesNotBootlegGames

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ThePhleo said:

...chili vs. potato needed to be higher though.

It had a tough match up competing with the Heritage Auction thread. I think I found a way to bridge the gap though... I'm going to see about getting this can of Skyline Chili slabbed:

chili.jpg.3377b69f701104bfb0905ce817886b62.jpg

I think I might have inadvertently stumbled onto the next hot trend in collecting. Get in quick before all comic investors  skyrocket the prices. Skyline will definitely be in the Black Box series of canned chilies.

• Wow! 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

Administrator · Posted

You don't give yourself enough credit Reed!

There are lots of amazing people here, some of whom are more private than others or have different ways of contributing positivity and constructive energy to the community.  

Jeevan is a great fellow and friend, so I think his win is definitely well-deserved!  But there are many great people here, doing lots of good things for others.  Thanks for everything you do Reed!

• Love 1

Events Helper · Posted
16 minutes ago, spacepup said:

You don't give yourself enough credit Reed!

There are lots of amazing people here, some of whom are more private than others or have different ways of contributing positivity and constructive energy to the community.  

Jeevan is a great fellow and friend, so I think his win is definitely well-deserved!  But there are many great people here, doing lots of good things for others.  Thanks for everything you do Reed!

Personally I would have loved to see a tie all around that category 😉  I have become very good friends with all nominated, and I think there are a lot who were not on there that should have been!  Lots of good folks on VGS!

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
7 hours ago, Brickman said:

So no GG2024? 😞 

Soz dude, I'm absolutely snowed under with everything at work ATM!

I will be happy to give the awards another go at some point in the future, if by some miracle I manage to get more freetime!

Otherwise, of course, I would be happy to pass the baton if anyone else wants to take over! 🙂

• Sad 1