IGNORED

Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 303/303 -- BOOGIE DOWN

Splain

IMHO, there's no system I hope gets an FPGA implementation in the next 10 years more than the N64.  I imagine it will be quite difficult to re-engineer those Silcon Graphics chips, though. It's probably a pipe dream, but who knows. (And the Saturn would be second.)

5 hours ago, RH said:

IMHO, there's no system I hope gets an FPGA implementation in the next 10 years more than the N64.  I imagine it will be quite difficult to re-engineer those Silcon Graphics chips, though. It's probably a pipe dream, but who knows. (And the Saturn would be second.)

I don’t know much about the inner workings of FGPA but I have read it would be impossible with the current chip.

So would it be possible in 5-10 years for an affordable chip to arrive and people to create the N64? I hope so, that would be amazing!

57 minutes ago, Brickman said:

I don’t know much about the inner workings of FGPA but I have read it would be impossible with the current chip.

So would it be possible in 5-10 years for an affordable chip to arrive and people to create the N64? I hope so, that would be amazing!

Oh yeah, I think it's a ways off.  The N64/PS1/Saturn generation really upped the complexity.  I'm not at all familiar with FPGA programming but it'd be considerably different than what we typically see now with 80s arcade machines and NES units.  I'm kind of impressed that we have FGPA cores for the Genesis and the SNES but taking it to the next gen would be difficult.  It doesn't mean it might not be possible in 10 years, though but it would be a lot more work and probably a whole lot of reverse engineering that will likely make it not very feasible.

I beat this final/very weird "special" level at end of Worms Armageddon. No credits or anything to show for it (because there were none). But here's the weird level, consisting of the programming team's heads.

20230417_201143.jpg

... and yes, I play the six-four by candlelight...

Edited by 3rdStrongestMole
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

I just finished up Top Gear Overdrive. I enjoyed it for the most part. It's by no means a long game, but it certainly could have used a couple more tracks as I did get tired of the same tracks over and over again. I played through it a couple of years ago, so I probably won't re-visit it again for a long time.

GLideN64_Top_Gear_Overdrive_000.jpg

• Like 5

Editorials Team · Posted
22 hours ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

I beat this final/very weird "special" level at end of Worms Armageddon. No credits or anything to show for it (because there were none). But here's the weird level, consisting of the programming team's heads.

I've never seen anyone get any ending or credits in that game, I think that level is kinda supposed to be the credits. So... great job!

Here's Aidyn, starting strong:

aRv9rCz.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 195/303

Just put some time into Hexen only to find out that saving wasn't working despite having the required space... 🤬

It's a decent game, but I'm not replaying the first hour again.

For whomever else picks it up, test if the saving works before making too much progress!

• Sad 1

• The title was changed to Beat Every N64 Game - 2023 - 198/303
4 hours ago, Jeevan said:

I've got like a couple seasons to go on TGR and i think i got a game plan for starcraft so i am gonna hit that after dinner tonight and hopefully knock out 2 for the thread and then beat army men air combat tomorrow after i work out in the morning.

Feel free to also play the other army men games, they were horrible haha. How did the company who made one of the best games of all time (HOMM3) make such a bad game 🤣

I’ll have to look through the list and choose something else. Maybe Castlevania if it’s still available once I get back into N64 playing.

Events Helper · Posted
12 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Feel free to also play the other army men games, they were horrible haha. How did the company who made one of the best games of all time (HOMM3) make such a bad game 🤣

I’ll have to look through the list and choose something else. Maybe Castlevania if it’s still available once I get back into N64 playing.

you didn't like them?

Maybe it was the fact that i always wanted to play them as a kid and really enjoyed them once i got older, took me back i guess.....