IGNORED

Sealed Games, Show Them Off!

Justin

Did some more poking around Ebay. I'm seeing a lot more "RTB" seals over "tube" seals which makes sense since supposedly "RTB" is a later run. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

VGAhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/143644010508?epid=5520&hash=item2171d9a80c%3Ag%3AHG0AAOSwefhe-Mp9&LH_ItemCondition=1000

WATA - https://www.ebay.com/itm/154400570280?hash=item23f2fdbba8%3Ag%3A~NUAAOSwr-5gaEyN&LH_ItemCondition=1000

7 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Hmmm...let's stir up some shit...an oldie but a goodie...

Oh for 2009 prices to be a thing again!

Man, that brings back memoires!  Though I'd forgotten that you once had hair... 😉

And that box still looks good on my shelf to this day... 😛

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

Man, that brings back memoires!  Though I'd forgotten that you once had hair... 😉

And that box still looks good on my shelf to this day... 😛

Thanks for paying me more than I paid for the sealed one 😉 Although I do wish I'd hung on as a CIB collector for a couple more years before parting everything out...

2 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I wish you'd have let me know a few months ago before dumping your boxes.

I dumped them in like 2011.  What went to VGT was just the same boxes that got picked over for 10 years since then.  You weren't missing much.  Although I may still have a few of Jeff's rejects around...but yeah, all the good shit was long gone before you even started collecting 😛

EDIT: Also, I didn't even know you until last week 😛

Edited by the_wizard_666

4 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Also of note, Bronty purchased his sealed Stadium Events only a couple years prior, for the then asinine price of $3000 (carts were only around $500-600 or so at the time).  Ah, the good ol' days.

Of course I would have loved to have made that purchase back then, but it's not that crazy when you put it in perspective. My Amazon stock from 2011 has actually appreciated as much, if not more than SE. Of course, sealed SMB blows Amazon out of the water, so video games win out in that comparison.

1 hour ago, A_Feisty_Pickle said:

More Sega games! No S tiers but we'll take what we can get. (Only one of the Sonics are new, other is from last week)IMG_4626.JPG.8111a1859f58a5f9a6fd5820bfd9fb55.JPG 

Sealed RBI is a nice find! If you're upgrading a CIB copy and have an extra to get rid of, definitely let me know.

Edited by DoctorEncore

On 4/25/2021 at 3:43 PM, the_wizard_666 said:

Hmmm...let's stir up some shit...an oldie but a goodie...

Oh for 2009 prices to be a thing again!

Looks like it's actually from 2007? Sealed NES games were still dirt cheap back then but were slowly going up. No body really wanted them and the people who did either held onto to them or just opened them. Back when spending $200 on a sealed game was considered alot XD.

3 minutes ago, austin532 said:

Looks like it's actually from 2007? Sealed NES games were still dirt cheap back then but were slowly going up. No body really wanted them and the people who did either held onto to them or just opened them. Back when spending $200 on a sealed game was considered alot XD.

Also note that I even said I was turning into a $50 game as I opened it.  If I only knew then what I know now...well, I still would've opened it, I just would've waited a few more years to sell the paper 😛