IGNORED

VGS Thanksgiving Contest 2022 [ENDED]

ZeldaFreak

43 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

That sounds like fun, but why wait?  Isn't there a thread somewhere containing suggestions for "off season" contests/competitions?

Not sure, but it would be cool if there were.  I have another idea for a cool comp stewin around my noggin too but I want to test it out a bit more.

I was going to try a non-dom duck hunt run and post it here by the end of the week, but I've had a bit much going on so haven't yet.  Maybe I'll give it a try tomorrow...

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
56 minutes ago, PII said:

Not sure, but it would be cool if there were.  I have another idea for a cool comp stewin around my noggin too but I want to test it out a bit more.

If you've got ideas for contests, feel free to share 'em, can always use the help as there's only so many ideas I can come up with. It's pretty much only me doing these contests in terms of hosting them and trying to come up with ideas, so I'll always entertain any ideas you guys have for future contests.

There will continue to be Thanksgiving contests, but ideally they'll be different games every year. Certain contests like the Pumpkin Carving Contest will be more or less the same every year, but for events like this I'm gonna be trying my best not to repeat them since I'm trying to avoid the contests getting too stale, that's the last thing I want. The main central goal I had when I got offered to be put on the Events team was to have as much variety as possible with these contests, both in terms of the formats of the contests themselves and in terms of the games we play for the gaming ones!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I felt that a good idea could be a light gun only NES competition, where each week is just light fun game.

It would be worth posting a list of the games before hand so that we can buy the games as needed.  I don’t think any are expensive, and maybe stay away from stuff we have to import.

I mean, I guess emulation and point-and-click play could be allowed but that’s just not the same.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RH said:

I felt that a good idea could be a light gun only NES competition, where each week is just light fun game.

It would be worth posting a list of the games before hand so that we can buy the games as needed.  I don’t think any are expensive, and maybe stay away from stuff we have to import.

I mean, I guess emulation and point-and-click play could be allowed but that’s just not the same.  

I honestly think that light gun games are one facet of gaming where og hardware and emulation can't really compete together.  Like playing Duck Hunt with a mouse on a pc is a completely different experience from shooting an actual light gun.  I mean, they're not even comparable...

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

I honestly think that light gun games are one facet of gaming where og hardware and emulation can't really compete together.  Like playing Duck Hunt with a mouse on a pc is a completely different experience from shooting an actual light gun.  I mean, they're not even comparable...

I agree but, since many of us may not own every game (or a flash cart) it at least provides a way for people to participate for a participation score the weeks they don’t have access to the game.

4 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

That sounds like fun, but why wait?  Isn't there a thread somewhere containing suggestions for "off season" contests/competitions?

Maybe you saw the thread I started?  I'm running another off-season contest this year starting next weekend.  In the past, they focused on one console (Sega Master System, Game Boy, Virtual Boy, Nintendo 64), but this year every game will be on a different system.  It will follow the same format as my previous ones.  Here's a link to the Game Boy one from a few years ago.

• Like 1