IGNORED

VGS Thanksgiving Contest 2022 [ENDED]

ZeldaFreak

4 hours ago, RH said:

Look, we're all adults, so I can ask this question--anyone else's arms hurt after one round?

No?  No?

Arms?  Can't say they do.  A little soreness in the hands yes, but just lately after 30+ weeks of the NES Weekly it doesn't take a whole lot to produce that soreness either....

Events Team · Posted

Quick reminder that there's only a couple days left until the contest ends, last day for new score submissions will be the 25th! Looking forward to seeing some new submissions over the next couple days, very curious to see who the top 3 will end up being!

9 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Quick reminder that there's only a couple days left until the contest ends, last day for new score submissions will be the 25th! Looking forward to seeing some new submissions over the next couple days, very curious to see who the top 3 will end up being!

@PII is heating up like a pumpkin pie in the oven on Thanksgiving!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Great score even though you knocked me out of the top 3! 😂

There’s still time! Could this be my early Christmas miracle— I take 1st in a NES competition on here?!

I’m not sure about that but it’s been fun taking breaks through the days and pushing my score.

My goal was just to break 400k, but when I did, well, I just kept going.  Maybe I should shoot for 500k.  That felt impossible early yesterday, but now it feels within reach.

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RH said:

There’s still time! Could this be my early Christmas miracle— I take 1st in a NES competition on here?!

I’m not sure about that but it’s been fun taking breaks through the days and pushing my score.

My goal was just to break 400k, but when I did, well, I just kept going.  Maybe I should shoot for 500k.  That felt impossible early yesterday, but now it feels within reach.

I hope I can get another run in, but my NES is apparently on its last legs and just getting it to boot up is a ten minute ordeal. I'm sure that there are going to be some really high scores that will be posted towards the end, so it will be interesting to see what the winning score is.

3 hours ago, RH said:

It will definitely take practice to get 500K or higher. I tried a second time and got 451,000. Have to basically go 20 rounds perfect to have a chance at getting to the 500K mark. 

49 minutes ago, RH said:

How are you playing on an LCD?!

There are ROMs for 4-5 light gun games that had the timing on the hit boxes tweaked so they could be detected on an LCD.  As long as you keep the lights in the room where you're playing lower, it'll pick up the hit boxes just like the real thing.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Morbis said:

You didn't miss a single duck for like 90 rounds in a row?!?  WTF!!!!

104 rounds, I finally had to leave to go to our family's day after Thanksgiving dinner, lol.  My dad and I played a LOT of Duck Hunt (and Clay Shooting) when I was little.