IGNORED

2022-23 NCAA and NFL Football Thread

Bearcat-Doug

8 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Didnt get to play it either way. Did play against kupp in fantasy. Pretty well summarizes my day. 

I didn't either. I thought it would be too close to call and with the game being played in LA, I probably would have picked the Rams with the points. Good thing I stayed away from it.

Matthew Broderick GIF

My reaction after the game today. Dolphins defense played well. Needham needs to improve, still... I'm not sure why the Patriots didn't target him much. 

Dolphins offense was not that great. Not sure what's going on with Tua, but a lot of questionable moves later in the game. He was trying to force plays like the Dolphins were down several scores. Hopefully things improve.

• Agree 1

Editorials Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Matthew Broderick GIF

My reaction after the game today. Dolphins defense played well. Needham needs to improve, still... I'm not sure why the Patriots didn't target him much. 

Dolphins offense was not that great. Not sure what's going on with Tua, but a lot of questionable moves later in the game. He was trying to force plays like the Dolphins were down several scores. Hopefully things improve.

Just to clarify: you just beat the Pats by double digits under your head coachj's first game.  Just making sure we're all on the same page here...

Whereas my team just lost to the mighty Bears but I ain't yapping 😅

2 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Just to clarify: you just beat the Pats by double digits under your head coache's first game.

My team just lost to the mighty Bears but I ain't yapping 😅

It's a Patriots team that is meh at best and played at home. If it wasn't for a blown PI call on the first INT this game could have ended differently. It's also a Patriots team that has apparently no clear cut offensive play caller, so I didn't expect them to be their usual Patriot selves.

For all the noise surrounding the offense it was not much of a show today. What we learned what was we knew. The defense is still good, Hill is the main receiver and he has some wheels, Waddle is a solid #2, Tua is still a big ? in some aspects. I really want to know what he was thinking late in the game when he made all those silly throws trying to extend drives when it wasn't needed.

31 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

What’s going on with Tua is his name is Tua and he’s not a good nfl qb. It blows my mind how so many people wanted to look elsewhere for his struggles. I’m surprised he didn’t lose the game the way he played late. That’s always been his beef with me. He just isn’t a finisher. Hell he can’t even manage. Like you said late in that game he took us out of fg range and nearly turned the ball over twice trying to make plays over his skill level. He had an easy 1st on a run but threw it away instead. I’d like to see the stats on first downs he gained without yac, he rode hill like a $2….did he even throw to waddle 5 times? that fluke on 4th and 4 was fortunate. It was smart to get speed at rb because Tua really is the check down king. it’s hard to watch and he is gonna lose his starting job sooner or later.

27 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Just to clarify: you just beat the Pats by double digits under your head coachj's first game.  Just making sure we're all on the same page here...

Whereas my team just lost to the mighty Bears but I ain't yapping 😅

We got lucky. They didn’t throw a Flag on a clear pi against us early that was momentum for sure. They did make up for it later in the game by extending a drive for ne on a soft pi. Still if our defense wouldn’t have scored on a fumble recovery…..

you know how people say “a win is a win”. it’s was sloppy though. It’s a good thing we didn’t have to rely on Tua scoring a td late in order to win. We ran the clock and took a knee…. 

yikes.

1 minute ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Yeah, sorry you don't get to complain about a double digit win.  Or, any win, really.  Same way the Jets and Lions wouldn't get to complain.

If you have been garbage for decades, your bar is low.  You're not the Packers or Pats or Chiefs. 😚

I'm pointing out the flaws they show. A win is a win, but they need to play better.

Edited by Mega Tank

49 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Dude we’re gonna win 7 games this year. Nothing about today showed me otherwise.

The schedule should show you otherwise: they play the Jets twice, as always, and the Lions once.  Now add that to today's win and I count 4.  where on God's green earth is their fifth win going to come from?????

• Haha 1

Editorials Team · Posted
9 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Also, the challenge now is the Bills, not the Patriots. In case you haven't been paying attention lol

Whoa now.  You're talking about the best team in the NFL.  Baby steps.  Right now you settle for beating the good teams.  We'll talk next year about Bills aspirations.  Rome wasn't built in a day, and you guys have spent year after year trying to do your best to set it ion fire.

5 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Whoa now.  You're talking about the best team in the NFL.  Baby steps.  Right now you settle for beating the good teams.  We'll talk next year about Bills aspirations.  Rome wasn't built in a day, and you guys have spent year after year trying to do your best to set it ion fire.

No, I'm saying the AFC East is the Bills now, not the Patriots.

22 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Yes, and I'm saying the Bills are likely to end up being the best team in the NFL this year.  So slow the roll on trying to measure up to them!

Brah I’m not trying to measure up our team to buffalo. Miami is just as good as buffalo except for one glaring obvious spot. Rome Wasn’t built in a day? Well it’s pretty well finished we are waiting for one more piece.