IGNORED

Super Punch Out! 2 player exhibition cheat discovered!!

Andy_Bogomil

I guess someone was modding the game and discovered that you can play against any character if you hold Y+R on player 2 controller and then press A or START on player 1. It works!!... just did it on my SNES with original hardware. On top of that... if player 2 holds Y+B on this special character select screen and then player 1 selects an opponent, player 2 holds those buttons until the timer in the fight starts THEY CONTROL THE OPPONENT.. Macho Man, Mad Clown... anyone... so cool for a game I played so much and never knew. 

JhupC4J.jpg

Edited by Andy_Bogomil
  • Like 6
  • Wow! 2

I’ve never gotten int rom hacking or developing but for major blockbuster games, I’m some times surprised enthusiasts haven’t already dissected every minutia of these games.

Unless this is one of those “discoveries” that not really a discovery if you read your Nintendo Power in 1994, it’s crazy that something like this took this long to be discovered.

• Agree 1

I tried this in Fight Night Round 2 for GameCube. It didn't work. I tried holding B+R instead (B is left punch on GameCube). Still didn't work.

I came across this article and found out why: 

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/legendary-snes-emulator-snesticle-freed-using-nsa-tools 

The SNES Emulator that Fight Night: Round 2 uses (SNESTicle) disables 2-player input. The 2-player mode probably still exists since it's an SNES ROM, but can't be accessed without hacking.

Oh well, the game is otherwise emulated well. And Little Mac can be unlocked in the main game of Fight Night Round 2 by beating Super Punch-Out!! 

image.jpeg.152e7a66ce7afd7c13bc2f202e040f22.jpeg

image.jpeg.65d98d1502fa9c2eb44b828552a4dd13.jpeg

image.jpeg.ef188f4ccf1cbfbedaa28aa4a336b355.jpeg

image.jpeg.feba57cf2c3e60e641ba8b77ca23bd15.jpeg

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 3

I love this kind of stuff. I know it wasn't meant for home users, but it's still so cool to think this has been there for decades waiting to be discovered.

1 hour ago, MegaMan52 said:

Oh well, the game is otherwise emulated well. And Little Mac can be unlocked in the main game of Fight Night Round 2 by beating Super Punch-Out!! 

Whoever created that portrait of Little Mac should be punished for crimes against humanity. Those eyes will haunt me for years.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

I tried this in Fight Night Round 2 for GameCube. It didn't work. I tried holding B+R instead (B is left punch on GameCube). Still didn't work.

I came across this article and found out why: 

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/legendary-snes-emulator-snesticle-freed-using-nsa-tools 

The SNES Emulator that Fight Night: Round 2 uses (SNESTicle) disables 2-player input. The 2-player mode probably still exists since it's an SNES ROM, but can't be accessed without hacking.

image.jpeg.152e7a66ce7afd7c13bc2f202e040f22.jpeg

image.jpeg.65d98d1502fa9c2eb44b828552a4dd13.jpeg

image.jpeg.feba57cf2c3e60e641ba8b77ca23bd15.jpeg

Fight night round 2 is the goat boxing game. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Fight night round 2 is the goat boxing game. 

I don't know which one was the best one, but the Fight Night games were fun. I love how you controlled the punches with the thumb stick in a way that felt natural. I played on XBOX and it was just a smooth game overall. Being able to pair up some legendary matchups was always fun.

• Like 2

Administrator · Posted
23 hours ago, DoctorEncore said:

I love this kind of stuff. I know it wasn't meant for home users, but it's still so cool to think this has been there for decades waiting to be discovered.

Whoever created that portrait of Little Mac should be punished for crimes against humanity. Those eyes will haunt me for years.

image.png

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1

It’s crazy that things like this can slip by unnoticed for so many years. Obviously someone at Nintendo intentionally programmed this feature into the game, and usually when things are added, multiple people know about it. Did they not mention it to anyone all these years

• Like 1