IGNORED

Lottery is over $1 Billion (again)

I would definitely buy absolutely every game my heart desired, and would throw all kinds of money at things I've wanted to have for a long time, but never had the money for (and in some cases will likely never have the money for in my lifetime).

I would also definitely build a gigantic arcade, either for my personal use/friends or (much more likely) for the public. I would love the idea of doing this as a business, except for all the "figuring out how to make money doing this" part. Having infinite money, I would absolutely buy up a shitload of arcade games and set them up, to hell with the profits.

Other than make a nice 50s/60s/early 70s Topps baseball sets, try to get near all the NES/SNES games and perhaps my most recent hobby, coin collecting...I wouldn't even know what to do with most of it.

Though don't get too excited...the jackpot is up this high for a reason.  Even the second prize has about one in 12.6 million odds.  I think I read somewhere you're more likely to get killed on the way to or from buying the ticket than winning the jackpot.

PS: Hey, the first number is our anniversary, 17!  And the second number is my birth month, 3! 😄  Wow I guess the Simpsons really can predict stuff!

Edited by Estil

I honestly have no clue.  I'd bank it all for a year.  After all taxes and obligations are gone, the first thing my wife and I would start doing is probably something like move 10-15% to a 501c3 because we would give that all away.  The rest that remains would be tough to consider.  I'm sure my wife and I would set aside a million each to blow on "fun".  Then we'd spend a little on fun/family stuff like a beach and mountain house, but nothing BIG and insane.  I'd set some cash aside for our parents and we'd probably put an additional $20m aside for "retirement".  The rest I'm sure we'd form some plan of what to do with it.

I think everything made today is 100% trash and never meant to last more than 5 years.  I've dreamed of starting a company that made appliances by old standards.  I'd have to get advisors but I'd start small with things like toaster, blenders, simple power tools, etc. and the idea behind ethe entire company would be to make items that are simple but built to last 20-30 years, plus.  I don't know if there's a market for it, but I think enough people might be size of cheap china trash, they may like the idea of buy-it-once-bought-forever items.  If we're successful, I'd move up to bigger appliances like washers, dryers and refrigerators.

Administrator · Posted

With $1b I would start a franchise of restaurants that provide all food for free, with each order having a maximum "value" of $5-10.

Ignoring operating costs this would give us about 100 years of serving 2700 meals per day. 

Based on that math we could cap the meals per day to, say, 2000. This would leave us $7000 per day for operating costs, which would be far more than enough (and 2k meals per day is also again unrealistically large by my measure). 

I'd pay myself out $200k/year as the owner/operator and provide more than competitive wages to the employees.

This is all napkin math, so please don't pick apart the numbers, suffice it to say that $1b is an unreasonably difficult amount of money to even comprehend as an individual. So the core here is "restaurant with free food for all".

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

I’m just here to be the asshole that says you’re not going to actually get $1 billion, because of taxes of course and even less if you do the lump sum payment. 

I would buy every stadium events cart I can get my hands on to artificially inflate the scarcity.

Buy every one, completely burn all on camera except 3. You now control the market. Get them graded at wata, auction off 1, you just made a lot of money. Sit and wait for bids and sell another one when you feel the bid is stupid enough. You made anotther huge stack of money. 5 years later show all your carts on camera and ask if they rly thought you ruined them lmao

35 minutes ago, 360collector said:

Buy every one, completely burn all on camera except 3. You now control the market. Get them graded at wata, auction off 1, you just made a lot of money. Sit and wait for bids and sell another one when you feel the bid is stupid enough. You made anotther huge stack of money. 5 years later show all your carts on camera and ask if they rly thought you ruined them lmao

And easily demonstrate how easy it is to manipulate the market! Genius. If I do that, ill cut you in on it. 

Social Team · Posted

Make sure I live a nice life forever (trust fund), probably wouldn't quite my job until I knew what the fuck I'm going to do with all that money.  Would definitely put money toward the Southern Poverty Law Center.  Probably fund some volunteer/non-profit organizations geared towards trash clean up.  I can't fucking stand litter and love the idea of finding something valuable that was discarded.  I spend a decent amount of time within the road right-of-ways and I can tell you America is a VERY dirty/trashy place.  I'd want to clean it up.  Honestly not the best use of money for good.  But fuck it, I'm tired to seeing litter and I'd prove good pay for people to help make the environment cleaner.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

If I told you I would likely have to dispose of you!

Not surprisingly, there are a number of precedents...

N.C. Man Who Won $10 Million Lottery Sentenced to Life in Prison for Fatally Shooting His Girlfriend

https://people.com/crime/n-c-man-who-won-10-million-lottery-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-for-fatally-shooting-his-girlfriend/

Hill's sentencing comes more than four-and-a-half years after he won a $10 million lottery from purchasing a scratch-off ticket at a local gas station. He opted to take his payments in a lump sum of $6 million, and was ultimately paid $4,159,101 after federal taxes, he told NC Education Lottery.

"This is life changing," Hill told the site at the time. "Wow! Just wow!"