8 members have voted

1. 1. What do we wanna play?

• Mario Strikers
    • River City Melee Mach (switch)
    • Mario Party Superstars
    • Move or Die (switch)
    • Fall guys (whatever that is)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/22/2022 at 09:38 AM

Events Helper · Posted
6 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

...I would say I also have 1Gbps fiber, but I don't want to make Gloves more irritated than he already is... 😅

I'm almost afraid to ask, how much are you paying for that internet @Gloves?

never ask a man how much he pays, if he offers, great, if not, it's rude 😆

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Gloves said:

It's $70/mth and it's supposed to be "the best" internet possible for my address. I literally go on the phone and say "cost doesn't matter, I need the best internet you can possibly give me" and this is "it". 

dog-cat.gif

• Sad 2

Events Helper · Posted
6 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I pay 72.99 for 1Gbps - Verizon in Maryland USA

fair enough, i think it would move up to 80 or so for me, i dont need that much, i really don't need this much, i bumped it up for things like game nights.......

🤔

Its 90 for 1 gig, here at least, I don't really need it that much though, i don't even really need this.

If only i could send all my excess to gloves, that would be worth it!

Events Team · Posted
17 minutes ago, Gloves said:

It's $70/mth and it's supposed to be "the best" internet possible for my address. I literally go on the phone and say "cost doesn't matter, I need the best internet you can possibly give me" and this is "it". 

Jeez... I mean, the download speed is perfectly usable, but the upload speed... my condolences.

9 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

That's a pretty solid deal actually. We use AT&T, but I've heard generally pretty good things about Verizon most of the time.

Events Helper · Posted
15 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

2 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Jeez... I mean, the download speed is perfectly usable, but the upload speed... my condolences.

That's a pretty solid deal actually. We use AT&T, but I've heard generally pretty good things about Verizon most of the time.

We have a local to the region company called cinergy metronet.  I really am ok with paying what i do because it is not one of the big evil ones, and i have had no interuptions, save 1, that i know of and it is a small enough company they make you feel like they care about ya!  I hooked up and never looked back!

Funny thing is, i was with comcast before this, and they decided to do the stupid data plan thing.  I was like, fine, can you give me your tier listings?  

Sir, we can just upgrade you to this for x a month and blah blah

I hung up, called metronet and then canceled comcast the next day!

Events Team · Posted
6 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

If only i could send all my excess to gloves, that would be worth it!

Agreed, I mean we only got fiber internet at all since an AT&T salesperson came to our door and told us they were installing fiber in the area, and we weren't interested at first, but then later on after he left we called AT&T out of curiosity, asked how much it cost, and we realized it cost the exact same as the 100mbps internet (which frequently went down for extended periods of time) we already had, so we were like "Well what the hell are we doing with this shit, let's switch."

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Jeevan said:

We have a local to the region company called cinergy metronet.  I really am ok with paying what i do because it is not one of the big evil ones, and i have had no interuptions, save 1, that i know of and it is a small enough company they make you feel like they care about ya!  I hooked up and never looked back!

Funny thing is, i was with comcast before this, and they decided to do the stupid data plan thing.  I was like, fine, can you give me your tier listings?  

Sir, we can just upgrade you to this for x a month and blah blah

I hung up, called metronet and then canceled comcast the next day!

We used to have Spectrum, formally Charter. Fuck them, hahaha. When it functioned it was usable, but it would often dip well below the speeds we were supposed to be getting, and it went out pretty regularly, and when it did go down, it would generally take quite awhile for it to come back up, there were multiple times when it would take hours to come back up. As I said above, we switched to AT&T fiber and frankly haven't looked back either, it is rock solid in our experience. Very very rarely ever goes down, and when it does, it's brief, like a couple minutes at worst. There's only been one time I can think of where it went down for more than like 30 minutes. The vast majority of the time, it only goes down when the power goes out. Speeds are also generally very close to actually hitting the advertised speeds, so yeah, even though they are one of the big bad megacorporations, honestly don't have anything negative to say about their internet service at least, they've been great.

...And no I'm not getting paid to say all of this, and I'll prove that by saying we've recently switched our phone plan to AT&T as well and it was one of the worst experiences we've ever had with anything, in direct contrast to the entirely positive experience we had when we switched ISPs 🙂 haha.

Yeah, in contrast to Verizon, Comcast I've heard several negative things about, hahaha.

7 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

AT&T

Jimmy Fallon Eww GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

We have been dealing with them for far too long. Top speed is ridiculous around here. Called other ISP's and they want to come dig etc to place their cables. No thanks. Some neighbors have exposed cables running along the grass etc. One day we will enjoy top speeds again. AT&T was supposed to have been in our neighborhood about 5-10 years ago. What a joke.

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Jimmy Fallon Eww GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

We have been dealing with them for far too long. Top speed is ridiculous around here. Called other ISP's and they want to come dig etc to place their cables. No thanks. Some neighbors have exposed cables running along the grass etc. One day we will enjoy top speeds again. AT&T was supposed to have been in our neighborhood about 5-10 years ago. What a joke.

Yeah, that's the thing I've noticed about ISPs, everyone seems to have completely different experiences, it's rare for an ISP to be universally liked. It just seems to be a complete crapshoot on whether someone has a mostly positive experience or if it's nothing but trouble, and there's no real consistency or pattern to it. It's really strange.

Social Team · Posted
On 7/21/2022 at 2:49 PM, Gloves said:

Have you asked about a business internet connection.  Typically you can get a much better connection if it's a business account.  Cost will be higher though but probably not crazy expensive.  Besides you can write that shit off right?  I'm not a certify @spacepupso don't quote me on tax stuff.

14 hours ago, spacepup said:

If the people who attend are game, I think that'd be fine.  I don't imagine people will want to play Fall Guys for like 6 hours straight. 🙂

Playing two games in one night is something that should've happened a lot more often before, but many people don't seem to have a problem with playing Among Us or Jack Box for six hours straight.

Edited by MegaMan52

Administrator · Posted
Just now, MegaMan52 said:

Playing two games in one night is something that should've happened more often before,  but people don't seem to have a problem with playing Among Us or Jack Box for six hours straight.

There's never been a problem with switching the game we play half way through or whatever, literally any night. All that has to happen is for someone to say like "hey I'm bored, does anyone wanna play something else?" and we'll have that discussion in the moment. It's happened plenty of times, especially when people get tired of me kicking butt at Killer Queen Black.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

There's never been a problem with switching the game we play half way through or whatever, literally any night. All that has to happen is for someone to say like "hey I'm bored, does anyone wanna play something else?" and we'll have that discussion in the moment. It's happened plenty of times, especially when people get tired of me kicking butt at Killer Queen Black.

Exactly what I did last year while you guys were playing Worms. I let you guys play for a few hours, then I asked if anyone wanted to play Power Bomberman but they wanted to keep playing Worms...and then it was too late. I've also asked on other nights if anyone wants to play something else. Same thing. 

And, as I mentioned already in another topic, people apparently had a problem with me choosing Mario Kart often so I suggested several other games for future game nights. I LISTENED, and was open to playing other games. But no one was interested in playing what I wanted to play. Everytime River City Melee Mach and Mario Party Superstars were on the polls, they didn't get enough votes. Meanwhile other peoples suggestions, such as Halo, did get enough votes after only one appearance on the polls. People didn't listen to me (even though I listened to them), and nothing I say matters. Yes Mario Party Superstars and River City Melee Mach appeared on this poll, but guess what game got the most votes despite being new to the polls? Further proof that nothing I say matters. If anything I've said in the past really mattered, then people would've already listened to me.

And while it wouldn't surprise me if Fall Guys ends up being the only game you guys play tonight, I have no reason to doubt that some game night participants will play Mario Party later now that Mandy has said she wants to play it. It's only if someone else wants to play a different game that people are willing to play something different. If I want to play a different game, no one listens.

Is it really any surprise that I decided that I'm officially done with these game nights?

Edited by MegaMan52

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

Exactly what I did last year while you guys were playing Worms. I let you guys play for a few hours, then I asked if anyone wanted to play Power Bomberman but they wanted to keep playing Worms...and then it was too late. I've also asked on other nights if anyone wants to play something else. Same thing. 

And, as I mentioned already in another topic, people apparently had a problem with me choosing Mario Kart often so I suggested several other games for future game nights. I LISTENED, and was open to playing other games. But no one was interested in playing what I wanted to play. Everytime River City Melee Mach and Mario Party Superstars were on the polls, they didn't get enough votes. Meanwhile other peoples suggestions, such as Halo, did get enough votes after only one appearance on the polls. People didn't listen to me (even though I listened to them), and nothing I say matters. Yes Mario Party Superstars and River City Melee Mach appeared on this poll, but guess what game got the most votes despite being new to the polls? Further proof that nothing I say matters. If anything I've said in the past really mattered, then people would've already listened to me.

And while it wouldn't surprise me if Fall Guys ends up being the only game you guys play tonight, I have no reason to doubt that some game night participants will play Mario Party later now that Mandy has said she wants to play it. It's only if someone else wants to play a different game that people are willing to play something different. If I want to play a different game, no one listens.

Is it really any surprise that I'm officially done with these game nights?

To say that anything you say doesn't matter is a huge stretch dude, you're being way dramatic here. Who even had a problem with Mario Kart? People love Mario Kart, I vote for it basically every time it appears. Nobody is singling you out at all, quite the opposite in fact - people are actively trying to adjust things to suit you. It's not the event team's fault that people voted for Fall Guys, and it's a voting system, we play the games people vote for. Would you prefer that the staff just say "k guys, we're playing GameX this week" and not give options? I've done that before on another forum and it technically went fine, but it is a good way to end up with like 2 people showing up to play.

You're really taking this whole thing very personally when there's nothing at all personal about it. If people don't feel like swapping games that has nothing at all to do with who it is suggesting we do so. You seem to think we're playing favorites somehow which couldn't be farther from the truth. I'd encourage you to ask literally anybody how the game night chat turns whenever you have to leave - "That was fun, love having him show up to game nights", "Yeah he's a cool dude I love his stories", "I look forward to Mario Kart knowing he might join us", "Dude's really good at this game". Like bro those are real quotes.

It's kinda sad seeing you get all huffy when literally everyone else is like "What can we do to get MegaMan52 back in here?" and you're like "Nobody likes me!". For someone who's "officially done" with Game Nights you really seem to like still popping in and complaining about them; if you're actually done just ignore the thread and quit dragging negativity into it.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1