8 members have voted

1. 1. What do we wanna play?

• Mario Strikers
    • River City Melee Mach (switch)
    • Mario Party Superstars
    • Move or Die (switch)
    • Fall guys (whatever that is)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/22/2022 at 09:38 AM

Administrator · Posted
On 7/16/2022 at 8:25 PM, MegaMan52 said:

Oh of course, now people want to play Mario Party Superstars/River City Melee Mach now that I'm done with the game nights.

To be fair, being "done" with game nights is entirely your call. You gave feedback, we discussed it, and now it's being actioned. 

You could easily make it the shortest retirement in history and join us to play some games. 

• Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
10 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I'll have to skip out on this one since I don't own Mario Party, but I do really like this new format and I'm glad it's giving us the opportunity to have more variety in the games we play.

Maybe we'll have a Payday 2 game night... one day...

almost added it last, but it will be on there eventually, hopefully it will go on sale, or others bought it.

• Love 1

On 7/17/2022 at 10:22 PM, Gloves said:

To be fair, being "done" with game nights is entirely your call. You gave feedback, we discussed it, and now it's being actioned. 

You could easily make it the shortest retirement in history and join us to play some games. 

The game selection on the polls and some of the decisions that were made in the last year or so aren't the only reasons why I'm not participating anymore. It's also the fact that I've had to put up with technical issues often. Like when we've played Power Bomberman: 

image.jpeg.4ed7d6f74b84b99a3047aa2f36ec3ee6.jpeg

Sometimes I can't connect to the server, and other times I've been disconnected during gameplay.

And when I played TMNT: Shredder's Revenge with Jeevan and fox last month, this glitch happened: 

Jeevan's screen: 

tmntgamenightscreen.jpg.b79995ea948f939197ae0d8950bc8899.jpg

My screen:

image.jpeg.8f93a5effe18dc0d136597358639126b.jpeg

Only on my screen the Turtles were invisible, the scores weren't shown, and I couldn't play. All I could do was "watch" Jeevan and fox.

Edited by MegaMan52

Administrator · Posted
4 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

The game selection on the polls and some of the decisions that were made in the last year or so aren't the only reasons why I'm not participating anymore. It's also the fact that I've had to put up with technical issues often. Like when we've played Power Bomberman: 

image.jpeg.4ed7d6f74b84b99a3047aa2f36ec3ee6.jpeg

Sometimes I can't connect to the server, and other times I've been disconnected during gameplay.

And when I played TMNT: Shredder's Revenge with Jeevan and fox last month, this glitch happened: 

Jeevan's screen: 

tmntgamenightscreen.jpg.b79995ea948f939197ae0d8950bc8899.jpg

My screen:

image.jpeg.8f93a5effe18dc0d136597358639126b.jpeg

Only on my screen the Turtles were invisible, the scores weren't shown, and I couldn't play. All I could do was "watch" Jeevan and fox.

To be fair, those aren't Game Night problems really, those are... game problems. It's bizarre that the new TMNT game has issues like that, I'd assumed it'd have gotten significant QA. I understand the Bomberman issue cropping up but TMNT especially is odd. Do you have like particularly bad internet or something?

We of course want to support everyone being able to actually play the games, but obviously any bugs with the games or your setup are unfortunately out of our hands and difficult to trouble shoot from our end.

13 minutes ago, Gloves said:

To be fair, those aren't Game Night problems really, those are... game problems. It's bizarre that the new TMNT game has issues like that, I'd assumed it'd have gotten significant QA. I understand the Bomberman issue cropping up but TMNT especially is odd. Do you have like particularly bad internet or something?

We of course want to support everyone being able to actually play the games, but obviously any bugs with the games or your setup are unfortunately out of our hands and difficult to trouble shoot from our end.

I ran a Smart Scan with Norton 360 Deluxe. According to Norton, my Internet Connection is strong. I'm able to browse the Internet fine; pages load fast and my connection rarely disconnects.

I get that the Switch's online isn't really the greatest in terms of quality. I also understand that some of us are in the U.S. and some of us are in Canada, and I think we've had participants from other countries. And I know there are people out there who disconnect on purpose (I've noticed this when playing Mario Kart or Smash Bros. with random people), though I don't believe any of us game night participants have done that. I also get that these issues don't always happen. But they've happened to me enough that I'm officially tired of it all. I don't even play Switch games online alone (with random people) very often anymore.

Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, MegaMan52 said:

I ran a Smart Scan with Norton 360 Deluxe. According to Norton, my Internet Connection is strong. I'm able to browse the Internet fine; pages load fast and my connection rarely disconnects.

I get that the Switch's online isn't really the greatest in terms of quality. I also understand that some of us are in the U.S. and some of us are in Canada, and I think we've had participants from other countries. And I know there are people out there who disconnect on purpose (I've noticed this when playing Mario Kart or Smash Bros. with random people), though I don't believe any of us game night participants have done that. I also get that these issues don't always happen. But they've happened to me enough that I'm officially tired of it all. I don't even play Switch games online alone (with random people) very often anymore.

Would you be interested in participating in longer-standing style games? I know folks like playing with you so it's a shame that technical issues would hinder your fun. Maybe we can hook up a long-standing game similar to Risk or something turn based, any chance you'd wanna join us for something like that which could potentially go over multiple days and be more chill? Or is that not the style of game you wanna be playing together?

4 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

And when I played TMNT: Shredder's Revenge with Jeevan and fox last month, this glitch happened

Some of us ran TMNT on the XBOX and had one player disconnect and they reconnected back with no problem rather quickly. Many people had connection issues with keeping groups together when the game first launched. It's a new release and unfortunately, most games these days have issues when they first come out.

My wife and I ran Fall Guys on PC and XBOX with no issues. It apparently doesn't run as well on the Switch, which might be problematic at times considering it's all obstacle courses, but it wasn't game breaking.

Technical issues are going to come when doing anything online, you gotta expect the wheels to fall off 5% of the time.  Annoying, but you gotta roll with it.

TMNT glitch is a known issue, you get disconnected or glitched out, let us we will try to get you back in there ASAP.  Hopefully it gets ironed out in a patch, but not a dealbreaker.

17 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

Some of us ran TMNT on the XBOX and had one player disconnect and they reconnected back with no problem rather quickly. Many people had connection issues with keeping groups together when the game first launched. It's a new release and unfortunately, most games these days have issues when they first come out.

My wife and I ran Fall Guys on PC and XBOX with no issues. It apparently doesn't run as well on the Switch, which might be problematic at times considering it's all obstacle courses, but it wasn't game breaking.

I played on my switch when I was playing that one night. I didn't notice any serious lag or have any disconnects. It ran smoother on the Xbox, but it wasn't unplayed by any means on switch 

On 7/19/2022 at 6:27 PM, MegaMan52 said:

Don't bother with Norton. If anything, it makes your PC slower.

You should Google "Internet Speed Test" and use Google's speed test. It's highly accurate, and correctly measures the speed of download, upload, and ping.

Takes 10 seconds to run.

Report your results here, and it will be easy to discern whether your connection is the culprit or not.

https://www.google.com/search?q=test+internet+speed

Edited by ifightdragons
  • Agree 1

Events Team · Posted
3 hours ago, ifightdragons said:

Don't bother with Norton. If anything, it makes your PC slower.

You should Google "Internet Speed Test" and use Google's speed test. It's highly accurate, and correctly measures the speed of download, upload, and ping.

Takes 10 seconds to run.

Report your results here, and it will be easy to discern whether your connection is the culprit or not.

https://www.google.com/search?q=test+internet+speed

Yup, I personally use https://www.speedtest.net/ most of the time, but either one works totally fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Yup, I personally use https://www.speedtest.net/ most of the time, but either one works totally fine.

Speedtest.net is great for measuring download speed and ping.

However, it does not measure upload speed, which is a critical component in online gaming. You're sending a lot of information when playing. So a slow upload speed will wreak havoc on your sessions.

Events Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, ifightdragons said:

Speedtest.net is great for measuring download speed and ping.

However, it does not measure upload speed, which is a critical component in online gaming. You're sending a lot of information when playing. So a slow upload speed will wreak havoc on your sessions.

??? Yeah it does, it measures both download and upload speed. It just does download speed first, then does upload after that.

Unless I'm just an idiot and am missing something, haha