IGNORED

Are we on the brink of World War III?

RH

WW III  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Are we on the brink of World War III?

• Yes
    • No

Notice the amount of generals dying is really starting to creep up there.  I think Putin really is like the president-dictator resurrection of Stalin in a lot of ways.  He didn't care about who was competent, just whoever kissed his/party ass the best.  Yes men before men who provide solutions.  It's a good thing, because unlike Stalin Putin doesn't have a meat grinder into the 10s of millions to throw in the face of Ukraine and the west.  Just think if his strategies were sound and had quality generals who don't line up like carnival pop targets.

• Agree 1

a-Wg40j6-460s.jpg

Putler.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nuclear-fears-us-amid-russia-042304334.html

Close to half of Americans say they are very concerned that Russia would directly target the U.S. with nuclear weapons, and an additional 3 in 10 are somewhat concerned about that, according to the new poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research. Russian President Vladimir Putin placed his country’s nuclear forces on high alert shortly after the Feb. 24 invasion.

Roughly 9 in 10 Americans are at least somewhat concerned that Putin might use a nuclear weapon against Ukraine, including about 6 in 10 who are very concerned.

"He is out of control, and I don’t think he really has concern for much of anything but what he wants,” said Robin Thompson, a retired researcher from Amherst, Massachusetts. “And he has nuclear weapons."

Edited by avatar!
  • Agree 1

According to news reports the 4th Guards Tank Division has been destroyed by the Ukranians.  The 4th Guards has been considered an elite unit since mid WWII.  It played prominent roles at Stalingrad, Kursk (largest tank battle in history) and led the victory parade in Moscow after the defeat of Nazi Germany.  

• Wow! 1

6 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

According to news reports the 4th Guards Tank Division has been destroyed by the Ukranians.  The 4th Guards has been considered an elite unit since mid WWII.  It played prominent roles at Stalingrad, Kursk (largest tank battle in history) and led the victory parade in Moscow after the defeat of Nazi Germany.  

I read that the commanding officer committed suicide. Might be true, but not necessarily of course.

Huh 4th tank from that era and stature, funny the so called ukranian nazis that don't exist got belated payback I guess.

I'm really curious to see how this ends as Ukraine seemingly is starting to shove them out of areas with all the added advanced hardware and quick n' dirty training on how to use it.  They keep smashing air craft so even now they don't have air superiority let alone any form of control there, and now their so called elite tanks are being wasted.  I saw a kill sheet maybe a few days ago and the losses of hardware (on top of at least 16k troops killed) has really got to be adding up.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ukraine-had-the-worlds-biggest-plane-russias-assault-destroyed-it/ar-AAVO5D4?li=BBnb7Kz

😞

Russia has failed in its efforts to take Ukraine’s capital, but the suburbs around Kyiv have been decimated in the assault.

Among the rubble: The remains of the massive Antonov AN-225 airplane — also called Mriya, or “dream” in Ukrainian — which had set a Guinness world record for being the largest aircraft by weight.

Ukrainian troops toured the plane’s charred remains Saturday at Hostomel airport on the outskirts of Kyiv — and positioned themselves at the airport’s entrance in a sign that they were in control, the Associated Press reported.

Screenshot-from-2022-04-04-17-22-07.png

https://kotaku.com/world-tanks-russia-invasion-boycott-fundraise-casualtie-1848746116

“Over the past weeks, Wargaming has been conducting a strategic review of business operations worldwide,” it wrote. “The company has decided it will not own or operate any businesses in Russia and Belarus and will leave both countries.”

Fuck that ruskie up front...not a real country, kill them all?  And that old bitch about annihilating america so they can take back and lay wastes to the lands around russia ...she couldn't die of old age soon enough.  These are the people we're dealing with, those who stick around, those who keep Putin in his happy place of dictator level faux presidency power.  Shame we don't have better people in power right now, russia seems to soviet or not only understand force, not compromise, the fist not the fuzzy glove.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

Eh, hard to tell what people really think.  The propaganda machine will selectively edit what they show, and people have to fear the gulag when a camera is in front of them.

Plus, people in every country are like that.  How many Americans were wishing we'd turn Iraq into glass?  Total annihilation?  More than a few.

32 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Eh, hard to tell what people really think. [🤣] The propaganda machine will selectively edit what they show, and people have to fear the gulag when a camera is in front of them.

Plus, people in every country are like that.  How many Americans were wishing we'd turn Iraq into glass?  Total annihilation?  More than a few.

58 percent of Russians support the invasion of Ukraine, and 23 percent oppose it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/03/08/russia-public-opinion-ukraine-invasion/

From March 8

Gary Langer, a U.S.-based polling expert who runs a research firm, obtained the results of the study from the Russian research organizations and shared them with The Washington Post. He declined to name the Russian firms involved because of the risks they face as Moscow tightens censorship, but said he has partnered previously with the organizations, which he described as “strong, independent survey research firms.”

Edited by avatar!

"The age of engagement with Russia is over," UK Foreign Secretary tells NATO

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-putin-news-04-07-22/h_c7e5d7b38b80464002f7f4f98f823fb7

In her remarks, Truss told her NATO counterparts the "NATO-Russia Founding Act is dead and it is time to cast off an outdated approach to handling Russia,” the foreign office said.

The Act, signed in 1997, rules that "NATO and Russia do not consider one another adversaries", according to the original document.

3 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Depends on who you're asking, who is asking them, and how afraid they are

Supporting a (fake) war and nuking the USA are not exactly the same questions! That said, younger people in Russia who get news from outside the lies they are being fed are certainly more likely to be anti-war and anti-Putin. However, they are the minority.

If you look at what I linked, an actual polling expert, someone who has done this their entire life, says the poll is very accurate and the statistics taken from 1640 adults across Russia shows 58% of Russians support the war. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I take it you're not an expert on polling nor international relations? No offense, but when it comes taking the word of some random person on a video game site or people who study Russia for a living, I tend to trust the experts. Maybe that's just me 🙂 

Edited by avatar!

Editorials Team · Posted
9 minutes ago, avatar! said:

If you look at what I linked, an actual polling expert, someone who has done this their entire life, says the poll is very accurate and the statistics taken from 1640 adults across Russia shows 58% of Russians support the war. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I take it you're not an expert on polling nor international relations? No offense, but when it comes taking the word of some random person on a video game site or people who study Russia for a living, I tend to trust the experts. Maybe that's just me 🙂 

People in Russia are incentivized to answer a poll in a manner that does not jeopardize their own safety.

I'm sure the number is high.  Russia is an older country, and older generations are more likely to support Putin.  We don't know any real numbers though.  Not coming out of that country.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

We don't know any real numbers though.  Not coming out of that country.

Again, experts are saying one thing, and Reed Rothchild another 🙂

Maybe you don't know any "real numbers" but experts from within and outside of Russia sure do. His current approval rating is 83%. Saying things like "it's not 100% accurate" and "we don't really know for sure" are meaningless statements.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/896181/putin-approval-rating-russia/

It's very well known that during times of crisis and war, approval ratings for leaders often skyrocket. That sure happened to GWB and numerous other USA presidents. Russians are not Americans, they have different sensibilities and the general populations have always liked "strong" leaders like Putin.