IGNORED

drxandy's pickups

drxandy

Happy Friday!!

Starting off the week with a nice mostly non yellowed SNES. This feller came bundled with 2 controllers, original power block, and 3rd party av/s cable (which funny enough I found a set of Nintendo ones this week so bye bye 3rd party junk cable)

spacer.png

Serial UN282421142 - going off the Google doc spreadsheet out there of SNES motherboard revisions I think that the board should be sns-cpu-rgb-02. Gonna have to crack it open to double check, the other super I have is an earlier model... eventually I would like to add a 1chip to the collection.

spacer.png

2015 tomy pika, 2001 Kellytoy donkey Kong, 2017 tomy pika

spacer.png

Cheapies from thriftin and the local, $3 Gran Turismo, 2.50$ gta5, 1$ cooking mama 2

Finishing the week with Xbox! Thanks to @dr_orangejuicerI added a pair of mad catz lightguns.

spacer.png

They cleaned up! Still gotta hook up and play house of the dead but super happy to have a pair of em! Super cooool😎

That's it for this week, thanks for peekinnnnn

• Like 5

Hey happy Friday!! My birthday is next week dang time flies, here's the haul.

spacer.png

Lil visit to the flint area so we stopped at the game stores and thrifts.

Mandy picked up genso wanderer and witch and the hundred knight 2, and I snagged journey and blops3.

I'm trying to get a Sega Genesis around so I can get the vgs diamond thieves game. I've avoided collecting for it for years, but no real reason why..I haven't played genny since I was a teenager/younger it's been fun so far getting things around looking at games, nice lil taste of nostalgia. I had everything but the power cord, then I realized that the gamegear block would work with the model 2 I have, badda bing. Tried it out and worked just fine but second go around required the cable to be precociously angled..  looks like the solder joints on the power are iffy so gonna have to plop some fresh solder in there and should be great! I have a bunch of original 3 button controllers but I always used a knockoff 6 button from funcoland back in the day, so instead of trying to find that I went for the new retrobit officially licensed release.

spacer.png

The red looks and feels super nice, oem quality, thick cable. Played a little NBA jam and wasn't mad, played just fine. Wired was only 15$ on Amazon for the Genesis and 20$ for usb, there are Bluetooth and 2.4 ghz options as well that look pretty nice around the 30$ mark. Saturn pad is really nice as well, it works natively with the switch and can also switch from d-input or x-input. The r and l switches have a nice click to em and what a lovely d pad.

spacer.png

Short order / eggsplode and power pad bundled for $20 at the local woooo, starfox for $8 and red faction from the thrift for $2.50 missing the manual but haven't seen a cube game thriftin in quite a while.

Finishing up with

spacer.png

Halo Reach controller maybe broken fer $3 (I wanted the shell), gears and halo 3 special editions for 6$ each not bad at all, cod2 ph for $5 and Mario maker 3ds at $10.

That's it for this week 🙃

Edit: oh yah I forgot about these!!

spacer.png

@enix2093found these CD protectors on ebay that are pretty great. some demos fit a little snug, a little too snug for sealed stuff but almost perfect all around.

Actually, for oxm subscription demos these have kinda a perfect fit. Here's the post for them if anyone else is looking:

Thank you again enix!!!

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 6

Hey, happy Friday here goes this week!

spacer.png

Fixed that wobbly power connection and the Genesis seems to be working good! Weird to see these bodge wires from the factory.

spacer.png

Found some sports games locally for cheap to start on the Sega. 

spacer.png

As well as sonic 2, Mandy got fire emblem and the mynintendo coasters and towel.

spacer.png

Found these 4 controllers at the thrift for 2.50 each. 

The black is perfect but each has it's issues otherwise, will have to work on em.

spacer.png

Also from the thrift this animal crossing box, pretty much complete. Very cute 

Finishing off with Xbox

spacer.png

360 stuff thriftin and og found a lot on eBay with 3 of the 4 games I need off the list, not too bad.

Have a great week yalllll

• Like 5

Another Friday is here!

spacer.png

Starting off with some Genesis in at the local, most excited for tiny toons. I'm trying really hard to go cib, so far so good but they had a couple more games without manuals that were really tempting.

spacer.png

I found the Cyndaquil plush from the thrift, but Mandy finally found the PS4 controller colorway she wanted at the local, wooo

spacer.png

Thrift gets, 2.50 on gow2 and 2$ each on the GBA games.

Was waiting for a first print of this to show up at the store eventually and this was the week:

spacer.png

stoked to add it, now I need to find the first print ff chronicles with Chrono trigger on it haha.

Finishing up the week with a lil 360

spacer.png

Need to get back into the og Xbox groove but I keep hoping to find some locally.. it's not as fun scouting out eBay. Anywho that's it, thanks for peekin.

See ya next Friday!

• Like 6

Here goes this week, starting off with a cool trash haul.

Someone decided to empty a rental unit ? into the dumpster at my work. When a coworker told me they saw a PlayStation box in the trash the investigation was on!

spacer.png

At first I thought all I would find was empty boxes(which was totally cool) but like an onion; as the layers seperated more cool stuff kept getting pulled out.. oh yeah a joycon strap was in the regular switch box.

spacer.png

What kind of monster opens their new console like this, for shame. Oh well. We didn't get a p5 yet but the box is definitely huge.

Bottom of the dumpster was a box for the Xbox series mini fridge, there were bags with Pokemon card paperwork and boxes, lots of household bathroom electronics and old canned/dry goods and other kitchen stuff, and whoever bagged em did a nice job keeping the gross stuff away from the game stuff.

spacer.png

Ripped open a garbage bag and found this ps3 slim missing most of it's screws, I figured it was not gonna work considering it looked like someone had been inside before but very dusty so I gave it a cursory cleaning and popped cables in. Booted up, this Blu ray was inside. If I were to guess it was overheating because of all the dust.. gonna open it proper and clean but I tried out a physical ps3 game, ps1 game and it actually had a few digital games installed including Minecraft haha all worked.

spacer.png

Cech-3001b maybe the last slim model before super slim? Heck yaaaa

spacer.png

The last of the trash goodies, digging this lil acrylic stand holding the pins. I also snagged a pair of beard scissors that disassembled via  screw that I sanded, polished up a bit and sharpened. 

Next up, thrift haul:

spacer.png

2.50$ a pop, DQ viii has the final fantasy demo booklet inside that my other copy was missing, sealed ddr2

spacer.png

Sealed fifa, mega man air freshener was p cool, Ubisoft rocksmith USB cable for $1, street fighter iv from the local.

That's it, til next week

Happy game huntin'!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Hi hello happy Friday here we go

First off the before and after of the trash ps3s insides because I am just so giddy with it haha, ordered a screw set with the lil square covers for it off AliExpress and may or may not paint the top shell depending on how motivated/if I can find the olive green paint I'm looking for.

Before:

spacer.png

After:

spacer.png

Anyways onward,

spacer.png

Used a 20% off coupon at the local store and got good deals all around, heck ya at 31$ from 39.99 for strikers considering it just came out, idk why or how they pricing but I am not complaining at half off retail.

spacer.png

360 cheapies on top, .79c each for base fallout 3 and bulletstorm. Tornado outbreak for 13.xx not terrible. I saw a video about this one and it looks frickin awesome. A katamari style game, playing as the tornado you wanna suck things up and make your cyclone bigger so you can suck up bigger things. Amazing.

spacer.png

Found these seasons of red vs blue at the thrift, someone recased them in 360 boxes? Idk I like the charm and they fit right in the Xbox collection.

spacer.png

P4 and Xbox stuff from the local. Kromaia looks interesting, I think I have fractured but whole on all the consoles now, Mandy got Jedi fallen order and I was like isn't that the guy from shameless. 😂

spacer.png

Snagged immortals for $8, game builder garage for 13$ and Mandy got 13 sentinels for $30-35? Not too bad, digging the prices again from our local store on switch stuff. Ds games from goodwill for $5 each and happy to add the conkers live and reloaded guide to the collection.

Till next week 🙂

• Like 7

Hi, hello, hi. Another Friday, here goes

Found a pair of Wii consoles at the goodwill mostly complete for $20 each. 

spacer.png

2 consoles (1 missing gc door), 2 sensor bars, 2 power cords, 2 stock av cables, 1 nunchuck, 1 motion plus, nyko charger with 2 dead batteries, and 2 standard wiimotes.

One of the wiimotes has a gross nyko rechargeable pack back and doesn't work from battery acid probably (has it in the battery bay, need to take apart to find out more) 

spacer.png

Ds stuff from the local, happy to get a complete copy of advance wars dual strike! My Nintendo rewards: fire emblem warriors notepad, Pokemon cable straps, another sports towel for my disc golf bag probably, and live a live came in the mail woo

spacer.png

Thrift gets, 2022 toad plush, ten pin alley for a buck originally from family video wooo, super Monaco gp at the goodwill all crisp with manual and poster for $6 and $2.50 on skate it (balance board support woo)

spacer.png

Mega cat order came in with diamond thieves and coffee crisis.

Normally not into these giant special editions but throw a record in it and you got my attention, found 360 bioshock 2 se for $25

spacer.png

Outer slip in a lil bit of rough shape, a tear fixed with scotch tape by the top and one side is sun faded a bit but the insides pretty good.

spacer.png

To finish this week, getting back on the og Xbox grind

spacer.png

Mandy found the PS4 camera for $10 and wanted to use it as a PC webcam but it needs a dongle for PS5/PC use. Casper and magic came in the local, Casper is suuuuper clean. Ty picked up in grand rapids last weekend, visited a new (to me) game store and everything was market value wahhh but glad to add to the og x.

Have a wonderful week, thanks for peekinnnnn!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, wyansas said:

Went through a bit of this thread and saw you're collecting Xbox demo discs. I'm selling one big lot of them on eBay, if you're interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334488984034

glws! I subscribed through the life of the og Xbox then stopped during the 360 years, so I have almost all of the magazine demos just not in the slim cases, if you have any other xbox demos lemme know!!

• Like 1

Ope, Fridays here!

spacer.png

Thrift books, these issues of starlog from '86 and '87 are super neat.

spacer.png

Mail stuff! I got parts from aliexpress (360 breakaway cables, ps3 slim screw set, xbone buttons) and Mandy got a package from spacepup with xeno3 and this heckin cool preorder bag for switch sports, not sure on the spiky shell feller but I wanna make em a magnet!!

spacer.png

I snagged the top two and Mandy the bottom from the local store, she was super stoked on ys origins sealed.

spacer.png

The old dual screens. Beat city from the local, the other 3 from the thrift for $7ea, was very surprised at gardening mama 2's going rate on the eBay. Didn't need another copy of wild world but it's pal! Now I have usa, jpn, and pal copies of the game haha.

spacer.png

360 stuff from the local. Love the combo packs and finally got this one with Forza 2 and marvel ultimate alliance for like $7, same with dmc collection and red dead goty. Upgrade condition on the Skyrim special edition for $3 (heck ya) and turtles mutants in Manhattan for $13 (about half the eBay rate? Not bad)

Finishin up the weeeek

spacer.png

Pinball in ok shape for $11, Sega superstars is an eyetoy game and the last bond game I needed in the Xbox set, whoo

Have a great week y'all!!

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Happy Friday! Here's my week:

spacer.png

These two from the local, was surprised to see the korg gadget but since it got a re release I guess it's not hard to find anymore, $25 on it and $15 on Raiden iv x mikado remix.

spacer.png

Cheapies:  .99c on cod advanced warfare, 1.99 on de blob and $2.50 each on mystery case files and just dance 4.

spacer.png

More cheaps, PS2 games at 2.99 each and sealed destiny 2 for $2. Gonna grab more eye toy games soon.

Finishin up

spacer.png

I guess it's ps3 season, $30 on this bad boii at goodwill pretty clean and it doesn't look like it was opened haha. I tested it, no surprise disc inside wahhh and unlucky enough it's not reading blu-ray/ps3 games from disc.. gonna have to crack it open and clean the drive. I started the console up in safe mode and tried to rebuild the HDD database to be sure it wasn't an issue on that side. Reads DVD and CD/ps1 games tho...another project on the pile. A few digital games were on there but looks like only ps1 stuff. 

Anyways thanks for peekin and have a great weeeeeeeek!!

• Like 1

Friday time! not much this week, here's my gets

spacer.png

Axelay popped into the local, was glad to get at a fair price.

spacer.png

Thrift finds, just had to have that silly hamster battle armor 🤣

spacer.png

Xbox hat #10? Idk anymore.. just that this one has a lable for the Xbox gear store. Slugfest is another tick off the list.

That be it, till next weeeeek 🙂

• Like 2

Bunch of stuff this week so I'm posting half early, thrift finds and local stuff tonight and tomorrow the gets from 2 members here. Here goes this week's stuffffff.

First off, found a couple maybe junk consoles thriftin':

spacer.png

Untested PS2 with network adapter, after testing the drive is pretty dead and will pop out but won't read anything, been wanting one to play around with a dead drive. Not bad for the cost of the network adapter alone.

spacer.png

After testing, it worked right away! Didn't chug on video or anything. I have spare everything ogx so I am always happy to have another, might finally mod one.

spacer.png

$2.50 360 wireless guitar missing the battery back. My mom gave me these books, from my youth and I thought that was neat.

spacer.png

Ddr controller stand alone for the Wii, found thriftin for $5.29 wooo. It uses the GameCube plug so I don't see why I couldn't use it with Mario mix.

spacer.png

Ddr extreme 2, Kinect sports nfr sealed, N64 toy story 2 and turok 2 all from the thrift, sealed purrpals and a nice clean copy of spy vs spy from the local store and yet another Xbox hat thanks eBay, NFL Fever 2003.

More tomorrow!

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 2

Happy Friday! 

First off I would like to note that Mandy has been hunting for a PS5 and finally found one!! Thanks to firehazard keeping a heads up on stock. Shipping in from Sony today, we are excited for the new toy to come.

To the stuff!

Nintendo Cards and pogs I got from mdm702

spacer.png

The pog board is soooo cooool, thank you again mdm702!! I always wanted to order from the power catalog as a kid but never got the chance. Now I need to get some more pogs haha.

Next up, been buying some things from Jeevan! 

Starting off with some 360:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also star fox 64 3ds and a couple ogXbox off the list, heck ya! NBA ballers phenom has the soundtrack. 

Finishin up, and a big one for me is finally getting boxed copies of the nes Zelda games!

spacer.png

Thank you Jeeves! Them boyz crispy and I love the hand drawn map. I think our Zelda collection is only missing Oracle of ages now to have all the mainline games, then there's all kinds of variants and what nots. 

Whew, anyways that's it for this week! 

Thanks for peekinnnnn, see ya next Friday with more stuffffff.

• Like 5

Hey happy Friday! Here goes this week's stuff

spacer.png

The PS5 showed up and we got a cfi-1115a, woo I've been reading the 1200 model is sneaking out now and it's a bit lighter. To complete the PS5 experience and bring us into the modern age lol we also picked up a new TV, 55in tcl 6 series. Compared to the old one, we are now in the future.. next up eventually series x.

spacer.png

Mandy got the purple controller and Lego Star wars and I snagged the cowabunga collection on Wednesday.

spacer.png

This copy of R.c. pro am popped into the local priced at $5, heckin steal.

spacer.png

The cheapies of the week, yay new old stock vga cables 🙂

That be it, have a great week! See ya next Friday with more getssss.

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
On 8/26/2022 at 8:17 AM, drxandy said:

Happy Friday! 

First off I would like to note that Mandy has been hunting for a PS5 and finally found one!! Thanks to firehazard keeping a heads up on stock. Shipping in from Sony today, we are excited for the new toy to come.

To the stuff!

Nintendo Cards and pogs I got from mdm702

spacer.png

The pog board is soooo cooool, thank you again mdm702!! I always wanted to order from the power catalog as a kid but never got the chance. Now I need to get some more pogs haha.

Next up, been buying some things from Jeevan! 

Starting off with some 360:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also star fox 64 3ds and a couple ogXbox off the list, heck ya! NBA ballers phenom has the soundtrack. 

Finishin up, and a big one for me is finally getting boxed copies of the nes Zelda games!

spacer.png

Thank you Jeeves! Them boyz crispy and I love the hand drawn map. I think our Zelda collection is only missing Oracle of ages now to have all the mainline games, then there's all kinds of variants and what nots. 

Whew, anyways that's it for this week! 

Thanks for peekinnnnn, see ya next Friday with more stuffffff.

I wonder if @spacepup drew the map lol, but anyway, box number 2 is waiting to be shipped out for you for next week.  Hopefully you will enjoy access to my full collection minus n64 🤣

• Love 1

Heyo here's this week's gets!

Gotta keep it quick this week, on the road back to the Cedar point for coasters wheee

spacer.png

Bought and fixed this 64 controller for cheap woo woo

spacer.png

JPN exclusive off the list, haven't grabbed one in a while and this was already here in the states.

spacer.png

Sealed copy of grimgrimoire came into the local for $30 and I was happy to snag it, prob gonna keep it sealed now that I know the re-release is heading stateside.

spacer.png

Thrift gets, guitar strap for guitar heroing in style lol

spacer.png

Hulk demo from spacepups game night super mystery box!

Anyways kinda a spur of the moment trip so this week has been busyyy. See ya next Friday with a bunch of cool stuff from Jeeves 🙂

Events Helper · Posted
22 hours ago, drxandy said:

Heyo here's this week's gets!

Gotta keep it quick this week, on the road back to the Cedar point for coasters wheee

spacer.png

Bought and fixed this 64 controller for cheap woo woo

spacer.png

JPN exclusive off the list, haven't grabbed one in a while and this was already here in the states.

spacer.png

Sealed copy of grimgrimoire came into the local for $30 and I was happy to snag it, prob gonna keep it sealed now that I know the re-release is heading stateside.

spacer.png

Thrift gets, guitar strap for guitar heroing in style lol

spacer.png

Hulk demo from spacepups game night super mystery box!

Anyways kinda a spur of the moment trip so this week has been busyyy. See ya next Friday with a bunch of cool stuff from Jeeves 🙂

I'm interested to see how you present my baby ❤️!!!!

• Love 1