IGNORED

drxandy's pickups

drxandy

Hey! Happy Halloween! We finished moving!!! The month of October we staggered it out and it felt like it would never end but I am definitely glad it's over. Everything hurts. Now to get things out of boxes and proper! Good news is new attic game room 🙂 I think we're go retro up here kinda a secret clubhouse vibe haha but here's a lil walkthrough of the blank slate.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

There's a lot of cutouts that I want to figure out how to utilize for roll out storage or recessed, this useless center shelf with the clock on it I want to cut to the same size as the others and have a crt in there

spacer.png

I haven't had to deal with angles before, thinkin I'm gonna be doing a lot of custom stuff. Paint is also happening before stuff gets moved in, pretty excited haha.

spacer.png

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 2

spacer.png

Spacepup haul, sent back some stuff I let em borrow to archive and sent these gems along with. Super stoked for the splinter cell and new legends promos, the Zelda scrolllll wooo sneaking the fine art in there haha. Thanks again dooood.

spacer.png

We got Mario wonder I think from Walmart for the cards bonus whoo played a bit last night/today and it's really cute!

spacer.png

Thrift haul over the month, great deals but was happy to see some 64 stuff really haha.

Oh yeah one more thing, after like 4 years of weekly posting I think it's time to slow down a bit. Collecting habits have changed for me so time to switch it up to monthly 🙂 thanks for peeking, can't wait to work on the game room!

• Like 4

• The title was changed to drxandy's pickups
  • 4 weeks later...

Happy November! 

Lot of unpacking has happened but still not much progress upstairs, I did manage to find the doors that go over the attic cutouts but not sure if I want to use all of em. Lots of hidden storage to work with, still thinking things through, but I do have a paint idea to work with. We've found a lot of paint on the cheap in colors that are right up my alley 🙂

spacer.png

Also got this yaffa hook that I love the design of.

Here's the game haul from the past month

spacer.png

Switch HDMI cable, 250gb slim 360 for $15 without the power block, guitar hero ds lite, random controllers, switch stuff Mario rabbids, Kirby return to Dreamland deluxe, and Mario RPG remake. Kirby 30th tomy plush, GBA sp charger, guides for harvest moon magical melody/ds and yu yu Hakusho.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Happy end of December / new year!!

That slim 360 from last month had a 250gb hdd and it was loaded with full games!! classics from that era, the games: Skyrim, Minecraft, Grand theft auto 5, borderlands 2, call of duty ghosts, call of duty black ops 2, gears of war 3, modern warfare 2, NBA 2k14

Battleblock theater, castle crashers, Doritos crash course (kinda stoked on battle block theater, never got to play it and I dig alien hominid) pretty cool little time capsule 🙂

December stuff:

spacer.png

For Christmas my parents got this shelf for the game room, gonna get a matching one because this color is great 🙂

Top to bottom: aliens vs predator and silent hill HD for 360 and swat global strike team for regular Xbox woo

Random lot of game lanyards, really cool Spyro keychain in there. 360 slim power brick, weird cup head novel, Wii stand and sensor bar (sensor about to be on its way to @skinnygrinny woo) and Isabelle plushie

Wii U base unit for 15$ "not working" with sensor and power brick. Power brick was def not working but I hooked up our known working power brick and it works!! ejected out smash bros. Couldn't get signal through HDMI so had to hook up our gamepad and old regular Wii cables to a crt to find out that the previous owner had set it to display out that way, switched to HDMI and no problems. Games installed: Mario 3d world, Nintendo land and Wii sports club!! Heck ya we didn't have sports club so super happy since it shot up in price.

Have a great new year yallllll!!

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

January stuffff:

spacer.png

Plushies were everywhere at the thrift, other thrift gets

spacer.png

Wii power supplies, big Mario perler set, 360 wheel and nice shape controller, found a switch pro controller at the thrift woah, ironically also found the N64 Nike's in Mandy's size at goodwill as well like whaaat, heck ya now we can match. $10 rune factory 3 and xbone controller carry case for $7 at Walmart.

spacer.png

Cleaned up great and no drift or other issues I've noticed yet, why someone would donate it is beyond me.

spacer.png

360 e model bundle from the thrift after discounts for 26$ and almost new yusss. Wow is the fan/disc drive quiet with this model! Surprise bonus game inside: halo 2. The old white controllers are a bit beat but still look decent for customizing and a random new av cable from the slim.

Finishing with some Xbox off the list:

spacer.png

All from eBay except the outlaw golf/sea blade combo found at the local gamestore.

See ya next month 🙂

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

End of February is here, here goes this month:

Spacepup helped me out again because he's amazing and got another piece of true fantasy live online to view and add to the blog as well as some other Xbox goooods, thank you again my doooooood

spacer.png

Next up

spacer.png

Everything from the thrift but the Yoshi topsy turvy which came into the local gamestore after coupon came to $20 wooo!! also 20 on the snes mini which I'm stoked to add more games to 🙂 Sega Saturn stickers were in a grab bag, and v rare to see boxed gba games thriftin even if it is two card games.

spacer.png

Plush of Tom nook and the fat Pikachu with sound and lights from first gen woo, buncha controllers and a PS2 interact game case.

spacer.png

Seattle Sounders soccer jersey for 4.29 at the thrift wheeee Xbox

spacer.png

Qubed has rez hd, lumines and e4(which I haven't played) cool to find locally for 5.99, halo 3 guide from the thrift and 2 Xbox guides from eBay, same with codename kids next door.

spacer.png

More thrift with battlefront and halo 5 special edition guides, bunch of PlayStation stuff I didn't have at different visits/places too :)

Finishing up with a 15$ Wii bundle

spacer.png

Half off day, woooo big yay for the motion plus pink controller, all the games were in their cases but most don't have instructions. Still can't go wrong. Had all cords, 2 nunchuck, 2 reg Wii motes, nyko wand mote, andWii balance board feet. 

See ya next month!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Easter's almost here, here's this months gets:

spacer.png

More plush, squishmallow Clefairy, sonic, tails and knuckles and build a bear Pikachu.

spacer.png

Red dead 2 guide from the thrift and 8bit Xmas 2021 box thanks fsped 🙂

spacer.png

More from the thrift: Switch USB c charger, Mario Kart Live Mario for $7 (heck yaaaa,  you can print out the gates for the game and it was also a download instead of physical cart so just having the kart is enough to play. I tested it out and it was super cool.) couple of pink ds lites, psone power cable, black nunchuck, gold 360 controller and nes power block.

spacer.png

Stack of random games from the thrift, pc psychonauts, Xbox psychonauts demo disc sealed (been holding off for a while but finally found a nice price), sealed bloodrayne 2 for around the same price as not, and big box Mario kart Wii (was at the thrift with just the wheel and box, I just picked up copy last month to fill it out woo)

spacer.png

Nintendogs DS pillow, has pocket for your ds haha @MiamiSlice do you know anything about it?

Couple interesting Xbox items:

spacer.png

Pre release postcard for the vans triple crown of skateboarding, Xbox launch was nov 11? 2001

spacer.png

I collect both Xbox stuff and vans shoes so it's a nice crossover.

spacer.png

Dev team signed copy of Project Gotham Racing 2, super cool to find, I loved pgr and now bizarre creations is disbanded.

Finishing up with another autographed item:

spacer.png

Guitar hero live guitar autographed by James Franco and Lenny Kravitz who were featured in the ad campaign

Have a great easter y'all and see ya next month!!

• Like 1