IGNORED

Mina The Hollower (from the creators of Shovel Knight)

fox

1 hour ago, TDIRunner said:

I'm interested in the game itself.  However, I'm not a fan of crowdfunding games from companies that already have the means to develop the game.  

You mean interest free development loan?

I agree. 

I will def play it as shovel knight is a masterpiece and game looks great, but no kickstarter from me

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, MrWunderful said:

You mean interest free development loan?

I agree. 

I will def play it as shovel knight is a masterpiece and game looks great, but no kickstarter from me

Another way to look at it is a "non-guaranteed pre-order."

Let me be clear that if we are talking about a true indie developer without the proper means to develop the game, and the game looks like something I would be interested in, I might be willing to invest the money into the crowdfunding with the risk that I will get nothing back.  I just see no point in doing it with a well established developer.  As already mentioned, I look forward to buying and playing this game when it's available.  

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

I really need to play Shovel Knight. Maybe it will make the Backlog 2023 list.

It was the only game from my backlog that I finished last year, but I failed to add it to my list in the backlog thread, so that was dumb of me.

But at least I completed everything in the game, and it was absolutely worth it.  Awesome game.  I even bought it for 5 different systems for some reason.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm surprised no one mentioned the fact that the cheapest tier for a physical copy is $100.

"We’re sorry that we do not have a cheaper physical game option, but please note that physical copies of the game will be plentiful at a standard MSRP when the game is released. "

Edited by Aguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Has anyone else heard of this new game being created by Yacht Club Games? It looks like their kickstarter just got funded and the game is now in production mode. Looks like a zelda-esque style game which heavily borrows some artistic styles from shovel knight. It looks pretty interesting to me. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for this in the future.

https://www.yachtclubgames.com/games/mina-the-hollower/

C67154FA-D4B5-4159-B8C1-6A2D7238787E.thumb.png.9770164c0804ca3ff63bc35afc00f9a9.png

E90902DB-BD88-4B3D-839D-FD4B34CF8405.thumb.png.03184a09f7cbe8222d29a3f0f3db3613.png

AADDC8A7-13FE-477E-BB0B-8BE621A97025.thumb.png.82421a9bf759a2eb459bf616abe364cd.png

CA48AFF5-BFAA-4F33-90CB-48CF20ABC336.png

Events Team · Posted
12 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

$100 minimum for a physical version? Passsssss

Yeah I just got the baseline digital version, most of the other tiers are complete rip-offs. Dunno why they're charging so damn much for some of those when Shovel Knight was already a massive success. Kinda felt like they're getting a little greedy to me.

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

$100 minimum for a physical version? Passsssss

Wow that’s nuts. I’m sure it’ll eventually get a normal physical release or at least a digital release. I can’t imagine they wouldn’t do a normal physical release after how successful shovel knight was.