IGNORED

WATA The Indiana Collection Database?

4 hours ago, OptOut said:

No one knows because video game pedigrees are meaningless marketing buzz, produced by a bunch of good ol' boys with their hands in each others pockets.

Indiana Jones collection would make sense. Indiana collection on the other hand, some guy from Indiana sold his stack...yippee!

Cant wait in 10 years time there’ll be like a 100 pedigrees and looking forward to seeing some more fancy names..

TexasChainsaw Collection (some guy from Texas who also collects a huge stack of chainsaws)

LouisianaLuigi Collection (some guy from Louisiana named Luigi)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

@Ferris Bueller when can I buy a Dragon Warrior from the Dragon Warrior Collection?

5 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

The Ferris Bueller Collection rings nice. I could see a separate DW collection. Guess I gotta sell first.    🙂

Beat me to it. I'd like that pedigree. I'd also be into the "Jurassic Park Refrigerator" collection.

Oh, and then there is the "Paul" collection with his lowest scores possible.

• Haha 2

On 2/14/2021 at 11:24 AM, RH said:

Beat me to it. I'd like that pedigree. I'd also be into the "Jurassic Park Refrigerator" collection.

Speaking of the "Paul Collection" I found on eBay a Wata graded CIB copy of Phantasy Star that scored a 1.5. It's gorgeous with all its mold and mildew stains, tears, and the like. But I cannot afford it because I do not qualify for the "Paul" discount.

Which is why I am dubbing my collection the "This does not qualify as a pedigree" collection.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, GPX said:

Just to be a party pooper, and to clarify, I thought a pedigree is only for sealed games with proven origins from where it was purchased?

It totally depends on the grading company, and if they do the whole "pedigree" shtick. But I think you are right since they need proof that the collection do not contain resales, etc.

1 hour ago, GPX said:

Just to be a party pooper, and to clarify, I thought a pedigree is only for sealed games with proven origins from where it was purchased?

Where did you hear that?

Dain's collection became the "Carolina Collection" just because he and Jeff decided it should be, and they ALSO happen to sit on the board of WATA, so they can say and do whatever they want to PUMP UP the prices of their games. Unfairly.

What games, in fact, exist in the "Carolina Collection"? Is there a list, a definitive list anywhere? Where is the verification process, or the justification or criteria that each item had to fulfil in order to be included? Did Dain buy all his games sealed, original owner? He never bought games from others? He never, I don't know, SET UP A WHOLE WEBSITE JUST SO HE COULD BUY GAMES PREOWNED FROM OTHER PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD AND COBBLE TOGETHER A COLLECTION PIECE BY PIECE OVER TEN PLUS YEARS???? If Dain went to GameStop one day before the sale, does his sealed PS4 God of War count in the "Carolina Collection"?

It's bullshit. There is zero accountability, zero transparency, zero information, zero integrity in videogame pedigrees, fullstop.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, OptOut said:

He never, I don't know, SET UP A WHOLE WEBSITE JUST SO HE COULD BUY GAMES PREOWNED FROM OTHER PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD AND COBBLE TOGETHER A COLLECTION PIECE BY PIECE OVER TEN PLUS YEARS????

Please look forward to the Canada Collection, coming soon.

• Haha 4
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

It's bullshit. There is zero accountability, zero transparency, zero information, zero integrity in videogame pedigrees, fullstop.

I 100% agree. Compared to the means a company like CGC offers a pedigree the "Carolina Collection" feels too much like a cheap ploy to promote Wata. 😐

• Like 2

Graphics Team · Posted
On 2/13/2021 at 6:34 PM, Hammerfestus said:

I will only recognize your pedigree if it consists entirely of Indiana Jones games.

On 2/14/2021 at 8:16 AM, GPX said:

TexasChainsaw Collection (some guy from Texas who also collects a huge stack of chainsaws)

LouisianaLuigi Collection (some guy from Louisiana named Luigi)

On 2/14/2021 at 9:03 AM, Ferris Bueller said:

The Ferris Bueller Collection rings nice. I could see a separate DW collection. Guess I gotta sell first.    🙂

On 2/14/2021 at 2:24 PM, RH said:

On 2/18/2021 at 11:13 PM, Gloves said:

Please look forward to the Canada Collection, coming soon.

Nice try, guys ... but I think we all know the only pedigree that really matters.

-CasualCart

CasualCollection.jpg.433c5a743604c99a5206ededea5e5c4f.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Only folks who have access to Wata’s population database is through the relationships with board members (i.e. dentist dude dropping mad coin on big titles off key members) or Heritage Auctions who has a vested interest / partnership with WATA behind the scenes. 

Rest of us normal joes are unfortunately out of luck and that “coming soon” mobile app thing is comparable to VGA’s “database lookup” from back in the day. 10 years later and waiting  ;). 

Never understood why the “secrecy” behind population stats in this hobby.  Can only assume its to protect value of certain titles in ownership that most others don’t have. Appearance or assumption of low population = higher purchase values (i.e. “sales” on HA). 

Edited by DirtyDeets
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, DirtyDeets said:

Never understood why the “secrecy” behind population stats in this hobby.  Can only assume its to protect value of certain titles in ownership that most others don’t have. Appearance or assumption of low population = higher purchase values (i.e. “sales” on HA). 

Well, there's also the opposite. If I find that a particular variant exists and is especially rare, I might want to tell the world, but probably only *after* I get a copy for myself...

• Like 1