IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2021 - 665/677

scaryice

25 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

I'm working on the final stage of Burai Fighter on Easy 'Eagle' mode. Hopefully I can manage to beat it this week, but does anyone know if the easy mode cuts-out any content required for a proper 'completion'?

-CasualCart

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the endings are the only difference.

Graphics Team · Posted
37 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the endings are the only difference.

Sick - I had a good run against the final boss but I still haven't cleared it yet.

You've been killing it lately, by the way. All those early-release games you beat are no joke haha.

-CasualCart

Graphics Team · Posted
18 minutes ago, Strikezone1 said:

Yep only difference is the ending screen... I actually found that the ring gun was more effective than the laser gun against the final boss. Give it a try!

Will do - thanks for the heads-up! Yeah, the laser seems to do a lot of damage but I have trouble aiming it. Ring-gun it is, then!

-CasualCart

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CasualCart said:

Sick - I had a good run against the final boss but I still haven't cleared it yet.

You've been killing it lately, by the way. All those early-release games you beat are no joke haha.

-CasualCart

Thanks! I really like the early games, so I'm happy to help by knocking out as many as I can.

20 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

@Gaia Gensouki

Khromak, I had no issues until the last boss (Magnar). I wasn't even remotely low on MP during the other boss battles.

Do you have any advice on how to beat Magnar? It seems like if he keeps casting Restoration, then you're boned and will eventually run out of MP and need to restart. I had 2 warriors and the bard with Battle skill pummeling him and then the sorcered conjuring wind dragon and the two wizards healing and casting Dragon's Breath once in a while. It really seemed to come down to him not deciding to cast Restoration for several rounds on my 4th attempt.

Frankly it's been entirely too long since I beat the game, I've totally forgotten. I'm mostly sure I only fought him once, though it probably took me a few tries to get through the dungeon with enough resources left. I seem to remember (though my memory is terrible) that I was low on hp/mp, and maybe a character or two was dead at the end? It's also entirely possible that I got lucky and he chose not to cast restoration. Though I guess if he's casting restoration at least he's not attacking you!

From the beginning I used that party you have, 2 fighters and a bard up front, a sorceror, and 2 wizards.

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

Any advice on beating this one? I spent a good 35 hours on this back in 2019 and it looks like you took care of it in a few hours

Years of playing billiards irl and abusing the games physics.
You look at the table, at the shot you called and you will have a knack to know exactly what spin and power to put in it to do the shot.

Dr. Chaos is done yet again. This was actually pretty hilarious, because I died just as I landed my final shot on the final boss. The ending still loaded, although my character sprite was on the ground dead. When your brother appears, and you're supposed to run up and hug him, my corpse just slid along the ground towards him before the rest of the ending played out.

• Haha 1

Just now, nerdynebraskan said:

When you say "Past Weeks", can you confirm you've done all of these since January 1st?

Yes sir

black box games were kinda quick ones to knock out.

chubby cherub always gave me issues in the past but didn’t hit many this time round.

blue marlin was the hardest to mess with as it’s the 3rd time in my life even picking it up.

4 minutes ago, Mae247 said:

blue marlin was the hardest to mess with as it’s the 3rd time in my life even picking it up.

I was going to play that within my next few. Did you enjoy it? It has some nostalgia factor for me for sure, but I love that game. I think it holds up really well. 

Just now, NESfiend said:

I was going to play that within my next few. Did you enjoy it? It has some nostalgia factor for me for sure, but I love that game. I think it holds up really well. 

I enjoyed it for the most part.

trolling for fish was the most Monotonous part honestly.

the dude dealing the fish in made me laugh a little bit each time bc it looks like he’s rubbing one out every time lmfao.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2021 - 361/677