IGNORED

POLL: Who do you expect will win? (NOT who do you want to win)

phart010

Who do you expect will win?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you expect will win?

• Donald John Trump
    • Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

It would be poetic should Trump be denied by the very same Supreme Court Justices he nominated.

Let us not forget, however, that Trump got 47 percent of the popular vote. Many people had many different reasons for voting the way they did, and just under half voted for Trump. It is unproductive and disappointing to want to shun such a sheer volume of people from our american lives.

• Like 1

Just now, Kguillemette said:

It would be poetic should Trump be denied by the very same Supreme Court Justices he nominated.

Let us not forget, however, that Trump got 47 percent of the popular vote. Many people had many different reasons for voting the way they did, and just under half voted for Trump. It is unproductive and disappointing to want to shun such a sheer volume of people from our american lives.

I agree.  The problems behind Trumpism need to be addressed first, and they can probably be solved with progressive ideas 😂😂😂 

1 minute ago, MrWunderful said:

I agree.  The problems behind Trumpism need to be addressed first, and they can probably be solved with progressive ideas 😂😂😂 

That's your perogative. If you can convince enough people out there you are right, you will get your way, and the other side needs to accept it. It is the true American way and what makes America great!

In the meantime, just be grateful you live in California, then!😆

• Like 1

Just now, Kguillemette said:

That's your perogative. If you can convince enough people out there you are right, you will get your way, and the other side needs to accept it. It is the true American way and what makes America great!

In the meantime, just be grateful you live in California, then!😆

Oh no way am I up to task. Or even care all that much. I talk politics here because the discussion is good, but dont often talk in person, unless someone asks my specific opinion. No bumper stickers or lawn signs!

And its great, but crowded. I enjoy the standard of living, as most of the negative things you hear about shit and heroin needles everywhere is grossly overblown. Ill probably never move out of state, just out of bay area 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phart010 said:

The Trump supporters I know would argue that I tacitly supported Biden 🧐

I don't buy into that.  You voted for who you voted for.  You didn't vote for someone else by proxy.

My earlier point was that, at the very least, a lack of "rejection"/"opposition" is inherently the same thing as tacit acceptance of the status quo.

Edited by arch_8ngel
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

I don't think they should be shunned but it is really hard to see how to bring them back into the fold when I'm hearing people talk about how they're turning away from Fox News in favor of Newsmax and One American Network.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

I don't think they should be shunned but it is really hard to see how to bring them back into the fold when I'm hearing people talk about how they're turning away from Fox News in favor of Newsmax and One American Network.

Well, we still have 9/11 and JFK truthers out there, which is an alarming high number of people. Unfortunately, we have to take the bad with the good.

22 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

Would that be considered “cognitive dissonance”? 😛

For the record I’m all for the votes being scrutinized and I firmly believe that there was no fraud.

For months Trump has told his supporters not to vote by mail because it’s fraudulent. Democrats have encouraged voting by mail because we’re in a pandemic. Republicans in Pennsylvania made it to where the Election Day ballots were counted first, then the mail-ins after. We were told there would be an appearance of a red victory on election night, but to wait until all is counted. So why people are shocked that a late Biden victory came is beyond me. It’s been expected by everyone who has been paying attention.

And Trump’s refusal to accept defeat is not shocking in the slightest. His quote from 2016 was:

”I will accept the results of this election... if I win.” (Clip can be provided for those who don’t believe).

The only shocking part is how many Republicans are backing him up.

(Yes, I do get intentionally grandiose with my verbiage sometimes. It just looks like fun when I see Trump supporters do it so I like to give a shot sometimes.) 😛

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, phart010 said:

I just woke up this morning thinking about everything that’s going on right now. Wow is all this really happening?

Estimated 70% of Republicans are concerned about voter fraud.

It's genuinely incredible to me to see the reach of the conspiracy theories that they started cooking up a couple months ago.

There has been an orchestrated message from mid/far-right-wing media this entire time to discredit this year's vote having claimed from the beginning that the changes due to mail in ballots were going to be illegitimate from the get-go -- LONG before it was possible to make credible allegations of any kind.

They had the pump primed to spew bull-shit at maximum flow rate as soon as the polls closed on Tuesday.

It was bad enough to have so many people getting their political opinions steered by Fox News -- but now the trap has been set for many of them to get even further right as Fox somewhat embraces the reality of the situation that Trump lost.

Edited by arch_8ngel
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

It was bad enough to have so many people getting their political opinions steered by Fox News -- but now the trap has been set for many of them to get even further right as Fox somewhat embraces the reality of the situation that Trump lost.

Actually Tucker Carlson just got on last night and said a lot of what I said. He started off pretty moderately just saying we should give the allegations a fair look. But he gradually amped things up and by the end of his session he was full blown kool-aid man.

55 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Actually Tucker Carlson just got on last night and said a lot of what I said. He started off pretty moderately just saying we should give the allegations a fair look. But he gradually amped things up and by the end of his session he was full blown kool-aid man.

Fox News is definitely split on this, right now.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
14 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

Trump could scoop shit out of his toilet and vacuum pack it and these people would buy it.

The base is basically a cult now.  With a God-figure and everything.

edit:  I'm not saying all Trump supporters are cultists.  Just an alarmingly high number of them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

The base is basically a cult now.  With a God-figure and everything.

Far left has theological ideloglies as well. All whites are born with origin sin (they're inherently racists) they need to recognize their racism (sins) to absolve themselves of their original sin. Their party leaders (Obama, Biden, Gore, etc) all pose to be savors, stopping all evils of the other party and free the oppresses.

Both sides right now are taking on cult / religion aspects which may be a result of our country seeing a lot of ppl outwardly losing traditional faiths. Some agrue it is human nature to look for faith and now are doing so with politics. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Editorials Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Far left has theological ideloglies as well. All whites are born with origin sin (they're inherently racists) they need to recognize their racism (sins) to absolve themselves of their original sin. Their party leaders (Obama, Biden, Gore, etc) all pose to be savors, stopping all evils of the other party and free the oppresses.

Both sides right now are taking on cult / religion aspects which may be a result of our country seeing a lot of ppl outwardly losing traditional faiths. Some agrue it is human nature to look for faith and now are doing so with politics. 

...and as with a lot of faiths (unpopular opinion coming), there's is a heavy emphasis on good ("us") triumphing over evil ("them").