IGNORED

Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. - Available Now from Many US Retailers

27 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

Was able to order through Best Buy USA.

Same here, they have added some kind of queue process. Once I hit add to cart the box changed to please wait and then about 3-5 minutes later it changed back to add to cart. Checkout process was a breeze. Got to use my reward vouchers and only paid $30!

Fuck the resellers!!! I got the in stock email at about 4am so for these to still be available 2.5 hours later is a Christmas miracle

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, a3quit4s said:

Same here, they have added some kind of queue process. Once I hit add to cart the box changed to please wait and then about 3-5 minutes later it changed back to add to cart. Checkout process was a breeze. Got to use my reward vouchers and only paid $30!

Fuck the resellers!!! I got the in stock email at about 4am so for these to still be available 2.5 hours later is a Christmas miracle

This queue system for Best Buy is awesome! Got mine this morning.

• Like 1

I was trying to do the Best Buy queue and getting very frustrated. Clearly I'm too late because my local store seems to be out of stock already. Maybe they'll have some available in-store for walk in orders but I doubt it. Re-sellers are ruthless where I live. 

I also missed the intermittent restocks on GameStop's website last night. So suffice it to say I was getting really frustrated. So then I had this idea to check the Target app since I hadn't seen it go live from Target before today. 

And can you believe it? It was just there... available for shipping... just like that. And I had a $10 gift card on my account. So I ordered it. Just like that. It almost seems unreal. 

Anyway I've been seeing people go nuts for this thing and I know some people have been saying they plan to keep it sealed "for the collection." I think people are being kinda dumb. I don't think this is going to be some super rare limited thing. Nintendo has already shown they aren't afraid to deliver a lot of units and screw over some resellers in the process. Plus, the Club Nintendo Game & Watch Ball Replica is a similar "collectible" and that hasn't soared in value even though it's 10 years old. I mean, if everyone is collecting the same toys to keep sealed just for the future value then that's not such a great collectible. Maybe I'm wrong? I know this is much nicer than the Ball replica but those are my $0.02. 

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 1

Man I was really hoping Nintendo would learn from the Amiibo and NES Mini fiascos and provide consumers with a normal pre-order process. Instead I was rushing onto Best Buy's website to secure a unit as soon as I woke up this morning. All the while my mood towards Nintendo was pretty much this:

41 minutes ago, bowser said:

Looks like there are tons of these available as I suspected. Orders still open on GameStop's website and Amazon.

I am pleasently surprised there are more than I suspected. Having said that I still think they'll be out of stock most places later today or tomorrow. Just happy I could grab one online without hassle and forget about it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

I am pleasently surprised there are more than I suspected. Having said that I still think they'll be out of stock most places later today or tomorrow. Just happy I could grab one online without hassle and forget about it. 

True there will be some stock issues in the initial days while scalpers make their run. But the current indication is there shouldn't be any shortages overall hopefully.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. - Available Now from Many US Retailers