IGNORED

Most Desired Ports

Inzoreno

So I believe, and I'm sure plenty here would agree, that there are some games that deserve to be available on every new platform that comes out. They are the pinnacles of the industry,  games that will continue to stand the test of time as some of the best experiences produced from the industry. This generation has seen quite a substantial amount of legacy games available for both old fans and newcomers to enjoy, but there's always some that, for one reason or another, simply never show up. So, I want to hear from you, what are some of the games you still want to see modern ports of?

For me, my number 1 wish is to see Chrono Trigger on PS4, XBOX One and the Switch. Considering it is often hailed as one of the best RPGs to come out of the 16-bit era, I cannot believe Square Enix refuses to make the game available to new and old fans in a much easier manner. At this point, you can get it on mobile, but the most recent console you can play it on is the PlayStation 3. There's no reason why we can't get this fantastic game on modern systems. 

I'm not much of a fan of basic ports.  If they get more of a remaster or remake treatment I am much more interested.  With that said I would be excited for Ocarina of Time.  The game is great but an updated take on the game could make a big difference.  Expand the world a little bit to make it feel as open as it did back then. There has to be a nice balance between vanilla OOT world size and BOTW.  The temples and regions could look really immersive now. New cutscenes could make the story that much better.

Throw in some of the Ura Zelda stuff I read about. I won't complain.

Edited by zeppelin03
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, zeppelin03 said:

I'm not much of a fan of basic ports.  If they get more of a remaster or remake treatment I am much more interested.  With that said I would be excited for Ocarina of Time.  The game is great but an updated take on the game could make a big difference.  Expand the world a little bit to make it feel as open as it did back then. There has to be a nice balance between vanilla OOT world size and BOTW.  The temples and regions could look really immersive now. New cutscenes could make the story that much better.

Through in some of the Ura Zelda stuff I read about. I won't complain.

To me it depends on the type of game. If it's 2D, then I'm usually fine with just a straight up port, but most 3D stuff should be remastered in some way before being brought to current systems.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Inzoreno said:

For me, my number 1 wish is to see Chrono Trigger on PS4, XBOX One and the Switch. Considering it is often hailed as one of the best RPGs to come out of the 16-bit era, I cannot believe Square Enix refuses to make the game available to new and old fans in a much easier manner. At this point, you can get it on mobile, but the most recent console you can play it on is the PlayStation 3. There's no reason why we can't get this fantastic game on modern systems. 

I could get behind a Chrono Trigger remaster if they redrew all the sprites and backgrounds in 4k pixel art style, added wide screen support, and redid the entire soundtrack as live orchestral recordings while changing nothing about the gameplay. Same for a few other classics likes FF4, FF6, and Symphony of the Night.

But we all know they would make them 3D or add terrible smoothing filters and completely ruin the experience, so it's probably best if they just leave them alone.

3 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

On Nintendo Switch:

• Cuphead
  • Doom: Eternal
  • Ori And The Blind Forest
  • Ori And The Will Of The Wisps

I'm talking about physical releases for half of these.

i've been champing at the bit for the physical switch release of Cuphead.

i can pretty much guarantee that i'm in the minority here, but i'd love for Sonic 4 to get a physical release on a Nintendo console. I'd prefer Wii-U, since that's what it was digitally released for, but would gladly accept a Switch release.

Oh I would've loved so very very very much if they had completed and done a good job with MegaMan Anniversary Collection GBA...to play the five GB MegaMen in full color would've been super awesome!  As would Metroid 2 DX.  But alas, Capcom and Nintendo both decided to be quitters 😞 

And even at the time of Super Mario All-Stars release, I thought it would've made perfect sense for a Zelda All-Stars to have been released as well from the first two NES games.

Edited by Estil
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Estil said:

And even at the time of Super Mario All-Stars release, I thought it would've made perfect sense for a Zelda All-Stars to have been released as well from the first two NES games.

I'm a Zelda fan boi (ALTTP is my fave game of all time, yes, STILL), and I NEVER CONSIDERED A ZELDA ALL-STARS. Genius, good sir. Well done.

I'm a HUGE fan of ports, even when it's at the risk of a developer mucking it  up (see the MK games across the Genesis, SNES, etc.).

I'd be in support of something like Chrono Trigger coming to the PS4 and newer gen consoles. It IS one of the greatest 16-bit RPGs of all time. I always laugh at people feeling like they need to choose between Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, etc.; play and enjoy them all! 

Graphics Team · Posted

I'm personally most interested in the original release of a given game, but I do have one stipulation when it comes to ports:

The new console that the game is ported to MUST have the right kind of controller available to play the game as it was originally designed.

I wouldn't enjoy playing PacMan with a D-Pad or Super Mario Bros with an analog stick. It just feels wrong.

-CasualCart

1992500878_PacManWiiWheel.jpg.cf802a5f00129985ef1e3dff7012b66e.jpg

• Like 4

I really would love to see Metal Gear Solid V and GTA5 ported to Switch. Both games I spent a ton of time with, but both games I loved spending a ton of time with. They're also the last few of my big "port wish list," now that Overwatch and XCOM 2 have made their way over.

2 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

Daytona USA 2. Couldn't care less about porting games from one box to another, especially if they already play at reasonable framerates or in HD. Give me home ports of games that never had them!

adding Primal Rage 2 to this line of thought

Oh how about a port of this game!  It's so addictive Garfield doesn't even notice/care about lasagna (with meat sauce and extra cheese!) being ready...even if it comes with those breadsticks he likes! 😄

Edited by Estil

18 minutes ago, Estil said:

Oh how about a port of this game!  It's so addictive Garfield doesn't even notice/care about lasagna (with meat sauce and extra cheese!) being ready...even if it comes with those breadsticks he likes! 😄

That's pretty much Space Jockey on the Atari 2600.

Homebrew Team · Posted

Not going to lie, I thought this topic direction was going the other way.  New games ported to older systems.  :classic_sad:

As far as the direction this topic was intended, I would want to see Secret of Mana, but put back into development to release it as though the Super Nintendo CD version came to be.  Don't need 3D or anything like that. (Probably still not the intention of this topic).

Metal Gear Solid is my answer then.