IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2022 - 564/677 (bonus games - 83/100)

scaryice

Just finished a round on Bandai Golf: Challenge Pebble Beach, so it's done. I ended up accidentally taking a video instead of a picture, so go me. I shot +12, but I felt like if the round went better, it could have been +5. But hey, that's golf.

Aside from not knowing how far most clubs hit (the manual does list distances for the drivers), it's a really well-designed golf game.

Edit: a screenshot of a video, for your enjoyment:

h9tmpy0m.jpg

Edited by Philosoraptor

4 hours ago, NESfiend said:

As for Eliminator Boat Duel, I respectfully think you are incorrect about the difficulty settings. Love the game and revisit it somewhat frequently. You are right thay easy is the longest mode, but I think it is easiest.

The opponents difficulty levels are the same level to level, I think. But by giving you a few extra cupcake races to win in easy mode, it allows you to upgrade your boat and get ahead of your opponents in that respect. Starting with tougher opponents and no upgrades in hard mode, you are racing against the same quality opponents with a much weaker and slower boat. 

You would think this would be true, but it isn't. I played the game multiple times on each setting. On expert, you start against Surfer Bob (the 4th opponent) and upon winning the first race against him you'll see that the game has already given you multiple upgrades (an engine, steering, and multiple hull upgrades), additionally you also have $250K for additional upgrades to buy... All of this more than equates to the upgrade status you'd be at with the money acquired from beating the prior 3 opponents on easy setting.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nerdynebraskan said:

WWF King of the Ring is done.

Also, thanks @the_wizard_666for adding an FAQ with a move set for this game to GameFAQs.com. This was the WWF game I didn't grow up with.

I'll be honest, most of that information came straight out of the manual 😛 But I'm glad it helped!

15 hours ago, Splain said:

Tengen Tetris-- I beat the computer to 30 lines on level 9 and then topped the high score table, anything else required? I can't find anything about an end to the vs-com mode. When I went to enter my initials after playing 1-player, my vs-com scores were also entered, and cycling through the letters changed all 3 lines at the same time.

I mean, that seems good to me I guess. AdamL's faq says to beat level 17, but we don't require beating licensed Tetris on the highest speed or anything...

I added the historical top 25 for completions and points to post 4 on the first page.

I can also share that going into this year, there are only 16 licensed games that have been beaten by a different person in every year (down from 50 after 2019, and 28 after 2020). Can you guess what those 16 games are? As you might expect, it's mostly more popular stuff:

Spoiler
3-D Worldrunner
Adventure Island II
Alpha Mission
Blaster Master
Bubble Bobble
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Family Feud
Karnov
Popeye
Rollergames
TMNT: Tournament Fighters
Tiny Toon Adventures
Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego?
Whomp 'Em
Xexyz
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

• Like 1

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2022 - 110/677 (bonus games - 14/100)

Blades of Steel is done. Minnesota finally won a (Junior) cup, defeating their hated rivals, Chicago, by way of a majestic third-period comeback. The three stars of the tournament were Tierry Oneguy (Minnesota, C) for not abandoning our goalie while the other team peppered him with shots, Ron Otherguy (Minnesota, RD) for continuously running into the opposing goalie while teammates were trying to shoot, and John Casey (Minnesota, G) who held the line despite questionable defensive strategies employed by Minnesota throughout the tournament. 

Se7PVPHm.jpg

Edited by Philosoraptor