IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2022 - 564/677 (bonus games - 83/100)

scaryice

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2022 - 70/677 (bonus games - 4/100)
10 hours ago, Strikezone1 said:

Total Recall is beaten.

This has to be one of the easiest 10-pointers on the list. Not that the game is easy, but once you figure the game out it’s not bad at all. Plus it’s short.

2022 is the first year where it's worth 10 points. Starting in 2014: 6-7-8-7-8-8-8-9-10.

The full list of first time 10s this year are:

Al Unser Jr.'s Turbo Racing 
Break Time: The National Pool Tour
Crash 'n the Boys: Street Challenge
Ferrari Grand Prix Challenge
Fun House
Mystery Quest
Puzznic
Rock 'n Ball
Silkworm
Sky Kid
Tecmo Cup Soccer
Total Recall
Ultima: Quest of the Avatar 

Administrator · Posted
16 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

Puss N Boots is finished!

First time clear for me, which is always exciting (and thanks again for the help, @nerdynebraskan)!
I'm also working on Parasol Stars - I've only managed to get the bad ending so far, which doesn't unlock the final set of stages.

-CasualCart

1973006740_CasualCartPussNBoots.jpg.c121011133a8fc82fabcfe32c018ba66.jpg

I wish I could come over and manage your cables. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nerdynebraskan said:

Tecmo Super Bowl is done.

Just wondering how you were able to do TSB in an hour and a half?  I've played this game a million times and I don't recall ever seeing an option to skip the regular season and go straight to the playoffs, and 16 regular season games (plus 3 or 4 playoff games) times 15-20 minutes per games pretty much takes me all day when I play it through...

EDIT - unless you're just simulating the whole thing until the final game and then changing one team to human control, which wouldn't really be "beating" it in my books, but if that's how sports games are played around here then you can disregard my post 🙂

Edited by Dr. Morbis

Tecmo Super Bowl absolutely has options to skip regular season games. There's one option in the menu where you can auto-skip all the way up to a selected week. I set it to 17 to run through all of the regular season games with one press of a button. It takes about 15 minutes to cycle through all of those games, but I just grabbed a snack and took a break from my gaming marathon.

And the rules of these challenges have always permitted for skipping regular season games when the game's menus give you that option.

Friday the 13th is done.

Further on Tecmo Super Bowl:

Again, on previous challenges here the standard is to win at least the playoff games on games where it is an option to skip games. I selected the 49ers after skipping the entire regular season. They had a bye in the Wild Card round, because they had the best record in the NFL. I edged the Chicago Bears 21-20 on a last-minute touchdown pass, before mauling the New Orleans Saints 40-0 in the NFC Championship and shutting out the Miami Dolphins 23-0 in the Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, nerdynebraskan said:

Tecmo Super Bowl absolutely has options to skip regular season games. There's one option in the menu where you can auto-skip all the way up to a selected week. I set it to 17 to run through all of the regular season games with one press of a button. It takes about 15 minutes to cycle through all of those games, but I just grabbed a snack and took a break from my gaming marathon.

And the rules of these challenges have always permitted for skipping regular season games when the game's menus give you that option.

Fair enough.  To my recollection, the auto skip feature is to skip all games that are cpu controlled, meaning it still stops before any game with a team set to "man."  This would mean you'd have to auto skip the season first, and then pick a team and switch it to "man" after the season was over in order to play the playoffs.  To me this distinction means that there is not really an option to sim the season, it's just a matter of changing the options around in the thick of things.  To me, a sim option would be something you select at the beginning of the game when you're selecting your team and other game options.

Anyway, I'm not trying to call you out or anything as I do believe you beat the playoffs legit, I was just curious since TSB is probably my favourite sports game ever and I've never considered it to have any sort of "sim the season" option, though I've also never really looked into it very deeply since I'm not a "sim the season" type of guy.  So congrats on the victory and carry on.  It's only January 2, but it's already pretty clear who's going to be putting up the most points this year... 🙂

Edited by Dr. Morbis

19 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

Ufouria is done.  Fun game, not terribly tough, but some of the bosses are annoying as fuck 😛  Still, it's another new completion for me 🙂

I beat the Japanese version (Hebereke) a few months ago. Fun game, but missing a little something to make it truly great. Still above average though.

• The title was changed to NES Completions thread 2022 - 84/677 (bonus games - 5/100)

Bio Force Ape is done.  The platforming in this game is a pain.  I think more than half the time I spent playing was at one spot where you had to jump on a series of falling platforms.  Then, when I finally got passed that part, there was another series of jumps on conveyer belt platforms that when I fell off, I had to go back and do the falling platform segment again.